iPad Road Blaster - (by Revolutionary Concepts) $.99

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jan 14, 2011.

1. reech

reech Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Totally ridiculous, bloody awful animation. I'm absolutely loving it ;)

2. Revolutionary Concepts

Revolutionary Concepts Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    #62 Revolutionary Concepts, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
    You mean this one :)

Hmm hmm check out that awesome SegaCD video :p
    Do love that track but regretably the Japanese band that recorded the track you are referring to aren't together anymore and getting the rights proved impossible. :(

hehe quote of the day!

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

A boaring weekend + No big new games + No trailers to rewatch for ages and ages = arrgh, more money spent! Oh well... Cobra Command was pretty cool! :D

4. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    #64 Bad Hanson, Jan 15, 2011
    I bought the game despite the Dev kindly giving me a free code so here is the code and game for free for one lucky TA'er... 79W6E3JJ4XRK.
    Have fun with it. If you use the code please mention it to save people wasting their time.- Thanx

5. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    #65 gunxsword, Jan 15, 2011
    OMG. Satirical irony of life...

I'm totally fascinated by Road Blaster and Cobra Command and have added them to my wish list. For safe guarding, I added another game which 'would' cost the same as Devil May Cry 4 Refrain ($8.99 AUD).

Here's the math:
    Road Blaster: $1.19 AUD
    Cobra Command: $2.49 AUD
    Eternal Legacy (DMC4R): $8.99
    = $12.67 AUD

Account Balance= $12.61 AUD :(

Sign... Got no credit card so gift card is the only way for me to go, and $20 is the small amount... spending an additional 20 bucks is for 6 cents is NOT FUNNY!!!

Bottom line: Still bought Road Blaster and Cobra Command... Sulking in bed right now...
    BTW I did not read the above post... so I didn't use the code... pouting in a moral dilemma...

6. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    The touch controls are excellent too. This game freakin' rocks! Easily worth 99cents.

7. SupaTeddles

SupaTeddles Member

Jan 10, 2010
    I'm loving this game, was abit of a gamble as I never got on with the controls in cobra command but the tilt controls in road avenger are a dream.

I'd love to know if the developer had any plans to update cobra command with a similar control scheme and GameCentre?

8. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    What do ya know we are indeed looking at updating Cobra Command.
    Last time we played with was before the iPhone4 so we have a few tweaks to make to get it back to it's former glory.

9. TheKillingBean

TheKillingBean New Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Does anyone also have the problem that this game crash? I have a iPhone 4 with 4.3 Beta firmware (I think this is the problem). I see the REVOLUTIONARY logo the I get a black screen and it goes back to the desktop. I already restarted the iPhone, but this doesn't help for me.

10. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    Most definately this is related to 4.3 which introduces a lot of video related changes to the OS. Don't worry by the time the 4.3 is actually out it will be fully compatible. For now it supports every flavor of iOS from 3.1 to 4.2.1
    Who knows maybe one day you'll steer with the iPhone and see the game on your AppleTV. Just sayin ;)

11. TheKillingBean

TheKillingBean New Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Thanks for the quick reply, looks like have to wait for the update then. Too bad was waiting a long time for this game. :(

12. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Will you guys ever do an iPad ersion of CC?

13. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Mr. Bad Hanson's code was used and nobody thanked him. Naughty.

Anyway, I am going to play Cobra Command now, as I downloaded it back when it was free but never got around to it, somehow it just got left in the dust with the other thousand or so free games I downloaded last year. But I do love what Revolutionary Concepts have done with many of their other games, so I owe it to myself to check these out.

14. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Man, they really loved Springsteen in Japan back then.

15. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    Keen to keep the thread on RB and hear how everyones travelling in the game but while we're talking about our other Data East classics - you may not know we just threw open the doors on KARATE CHAMP FREE! (iPad version too). Not 'lite' but the full game to play 3x daily or instabuy and own forever.
    Enjoy! http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/karate-champ-free/id409716576?mt=8

16. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    This game is awesome

That's it really, lol. Just buy it now. If your thinking about it stop being tight and get it quick, its only 59p for possibly the greatest slice of gaming history. Beautifully restored to retina display. I cannot recommend this enough. Was playing it until 4am yesterday morning. Brilliant.

17. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    well my impressions are this is a beautifully restored laserdisc game, really a great job on teh conversion.

however im struggling with this. no mater how quick i time the turns, whether its pre-empting them or doing them the instant the markers appear im always crashing. made it as far as checkpoint 3 and thats it.

fired up cobra command to see if my device was being a pain or my reactions have somehow vanished but was able to blast thru that game with no lives lost!

whats up here? :(

18. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Buy it just right now ! After all for a buck you have a fantastic universe and the more I heard about it, the more I wanna play it again !!! Cobra Command wasn't my cup of tea but remembering how many hours I played Road Blaster and Dragon's Lair make me want it again on my device !!!

19. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    #80 Revolutionary Concepts, Jan 15, 2011
    Nice vid Der-Kleine! That's some serious road rage if ever i saw some :)
    I hope you don't really drive like that on the autobahn? I kept thinking you were gonna flip your iPhone with those extreme sharp turns LOL.

Let me know when you get to Lvl4 - the car junkyard. THAT one will get your heart racing.
    *But maybe don't post a video of later levels as with a laserdisc game you almost need a spolier alert :)
    If anyone gets to that level and says "it's just Dragons Lair on wheels" I'll eat my hat! :D