iPad Road Blaster - (by Revolutionary Concepts) $.99

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    This game is the best ios laserdisc conversion by a country mile, If they can make Cobra Command as smooth to play I will definitely revisit that one too. I wasn't really sold on ths genre on these devices before tbh -but this game is proving worthy of my time and money. Eye popping graphics too! :)

2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

No, I don't drive like that. -I'm not even old enough to really drive.

finished the game just now, btw (on normal.)

3. Der-Kleine

Here's what I'd like to see in the next update:
    - A better pause menu. The current one is rather confusing and doesen't have alot of options (just the settings? No restart button?!)
    - At the end of the level there needs to a) be a replay level and b) be a main menu button.

4. DaverJ

DaverJ Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    ohhh... been looking forward to more laserdisk games! Can't wait to try this out. Cobra Command rocked!!!

5. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    This game is absolutely incredible. The gameplay is non-stop action nonpareil. I never thought I'd enjoy a LaserDisc game. Great job to the devs!

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Road blaster wallpaper needed

Anyone know where I can get some good quality pics of road blaster to use as wallpaper on my iPod touch? Thanks in advance. By the way this game is amazing. I've just switch from touch controls to tilt and the tilt works flawless. If your struggling I'd suggest trying out the tilt controls as it makes it a bit easier. Yet another brilliant game from revolutionary concepts.

7. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    has anyone tried this version on the ipad? how does it look?

8. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I am so much enjoying this. I am drinking a three years old westevleteren 8 (for who knows what that is) and it goes perfect with my driving.
    Jokes apart just got to level four. I can see myself playing this over and over till I can do it all in one go.

9. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    ok so if it wasn't already obvious, Revolutionary Concepts is on my short list of favorite iOS developers :) Been waiting for Road Blaster for several months and here it is at last, just 6 more minutes and the download is finished on my phone!

Cheers to seeing this thru, put me in the list of folks who's disappointed that the amazing J-Rock intro didn't make it into the port but I'll live..! The important part is the meat of this game and it looks like you guys took your time and did it right, I can't wait to play it!

Also sad if this truly marks the end of the laser games, 'cause I was kinda hoping we'd see Time Gal as well. Guess I'll have to hunt that one down old-school style. While I am wishing, I miss M.A.C.H. 3 also :)

10. Fujibayashi

Fujibayashi Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Japanese / Korean translator.
    Mililani, O'ahu, Hawai'i
    #90 Fujibayashi, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
    Nooooooo!!!

Played the game - it is absolutely a *wonderful* adaption, as was Cobra Command! You have pulled off the seemingly impossible - you've made an almost unplayable game (due to difficulty and low animation framerate) playable, enjoyable, addictive, with a better inerface, and shinier/more colorful than ever before! but.... WHY DID THE OPENING MUSIC CHANGE?! the song I always remembered in the US version and mentioned here http://www.sega-16.com/Song%20Lyrics-%20Road%20Avenger.php (the opening 13 seconds are the same - but then the awesome J-walk song kicks in instead of the music that's on this iOS version) is no longer there - it more accurately matches the action in the opening movie. Is there any way (and this is asking a lot - especially as this was clearly a labor of love) to have an option of either music with the titles in an update......? :D

11. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Road Blaster, the mega bug!!

The game is amazing but not perfect like cobra command, on my 3G i'm
    finding lots of little bugs like frame glitches here and there during death scenes, the screen title sometimes is vertically stretched cutting the top part of the road blaster logo but the biggest surprise was finding the mega bug!
    You can easily finish every levels simply by pressing pause button every time
    the game is recalling a move, for some reason the game recognizes this trick
    like a correct input....
    I hope in a serious bug update very soon!

Aniway, bugs apart this is another Killer Application from RC.

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Hey Dexter, when you find an exploit like that it might be a good idea to send a private message to the devs instead of exposing it to the world here. Give em a chance to fix it before it ruins someone's experience. Just sayin'.

13. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    +1

I also checked my copy which is the beta and didn't have the same bug. If it's there on all devices it may be due to the removed dev menu

14. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I agree.
    Tell them and let them fix things.
    On my ipad all runs smoothly and I will not check/use the bug. Because it is no fun.

15. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    How long is each level? I'm seriously thinking about picking this up...and actually Dragon's Lair, too, now that my interest in these great animated classics is piqued.

16. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Went and played Cobra Command...and found it to be awesome. I guess I never got around to it because I figured it would be like Dragon's Lair which, to be honest I never liked too much. Anyway, picked this up too and sure enough it is also great. Hey, but the red "X" means pull down on the throttle, righ? I keep dying at one of those dumptrucks.

17. Der-Kleine

yep, you have to pull down the throttle when the red X appears and pull up when the blue boost sign thingy appears.

18. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Guys forget Dragon's Lair and get this one.
    Some more screenshot in my mini review here.

And btw ... it is lot of fun to try to die in every possible scene. The variety of death is great!!!! I love when I get catapulted out against an hotel clerk!!!

19. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    I can't see the problem, when you have a device that lets you able to update a game an infinite number of times it is my right to ask for a bug fix, especially with a game like RB and a bug like this...
    It doesn't mean that i'm saying the Devs are not able to do their job or that someone must to finish the game just by pressing pause (???) (it's not a cheat), i think i'm wasting time talking here... Au Revoir funny people!

20. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Thanks for confirming. Man, this one really does seem to be harder than Cobra Command.