iPad Road Blaster - (by Revolutionary Concepts) $.99

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Revolutionary Concepts

Revolutionary Concepts Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Agree with the above poster, from the video it's apparent you are steering but because you have tilt on and you are holding your device with a lean to the right when you release the steering wheel tilt takes over.
    Just need to choose one or the other - or straighten up your holding/driving position :p

Hope this helps.

2. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Will inf lives/invincibility and unlock all 'upgrades' be coming to Road Blaster?

Just beat Cobra Command on hard, with inf lives... lost count of death :p

3. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Took the plunge, and man, is THIS a fun game! The tilt controls are amazing, although I look like an idiot when I play. You get so into the tilt steering that your shoulders get sore!

If you like the idea of being in an interactive old school Saturday morning cartoon or just wanna play a plain fun tongue-in-cheek game, pick this one up, especially while it's currently on sale.

4. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    Woke to find Road Blaster has made the front page of iTunes!
    Thanks in no small part to the awesome support of you guys in taking a punt on this little game. We're very grateful for your support and have been pleasantly surprised at the mostly positive feedback on what is kind of a niche title.

Oh and just quietly, are working on something that will give something back in a massive way - but I've said too much :p
    Thanks again!

5. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    The way of exploding fist ? If I find it please reward me with a gift :)

By the way, Jordan Mechner Karateka should be a phantasm for me !!!

6. chrisoshea

chrisoshea Active Member

Now I feel foolish :) I didn't even know the tilt setting was turned on.

Thanks, finished the game in beginner mode now (although not perfect scores)

7. crescentia2010

crescentia2010 Well-Known Member

Hi Chrisoshea, thats great! You are much further than I am. Unfortunately I have not had much time to spend with it. I've been looking at some of the reviews and it appears a number of folks cant drive ;)

Here are a few important hints:

1. When you see the directional indicators they are not buttons! Some are trying to push them causing the game to pause.

2. When you see a left or right arrow you need to turn the steering wheel either left or right. If tilt steering is enabled you can tilt your device to turn.

3. When you see the red X, you need to pull back on the gearshift to brake.

4. When you see the turbo indicator (look like a fist), you push the gearshift forward to accelerate.

5. In order to register a successful move, you must hold your move till the indicators stop flashing.

Cres

8. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    #128 Revolutionary Concepts, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
    For those of you who enjoyed (still enjoying?) Road Blaster but maybe missed it's sister title Cobra Command some news...

Cobra Command is a much more complex but all the more enjoyable title that is getting a refresh given the renewed interest in laserdisc titles.

Today we submitted an update for review that adds:

- GameCenter
    - background restore / save game
    - Twitter,FB, Email integration
    - Optimized the video search for faster devices. (till now it didnt play nice with iPhone4)
    - Retina Icon.

[​IMG]
    Some Screens in case you missed it in the arcade :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Road Blaster for iPad next !

9. DaverJ

DaverJ Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Yay!

Will it be a separate purchase, or will the current app become universal?

10. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    #130 Revolutionary Concepts, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
    News

Alrighty! We held off till we knew what the iPad2 would/would not include, and now the big reveal has happened we have pressed the button and submitted Road Blaster HD (iPad) for review!

Seperate app - hey we made the iPhone version ridiculously cheap at launch right ;) - but it will be a good price! Very happy with how it looks and especially controls on the bigger screen :)

In completely unrelated news we have FOUR new apps coming down the line - hopefully not too far behind. A couple of these will REALLY surprise ( could be game related but not necessarily games ;)

11. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
  12. Teremei

Teremei Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2011
    On sale for 1.99. I had it on appshopper watch list. For 1.99 why not. I was looking for games to add to my full-motion video games like dragons lair..

13. FuZion

FuZion Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Come back!