Universal Road to Dragons - (by ACQUIRE Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 12, 2013.

1. triptych

triptych Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Actually digging this game. There's no surprises here but it's a fun little time waster.

2. SwipeNova

SwipeNova Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Game is pretty fun :) i love these type of games.. got a super rare one pretty quickly

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Grabbed this game yesterday and i have to say, i enjoy this more than Record Keeper. The thing that keeps me playing Record Keeper is that im really attached to the characters, and looking forward to more of them. FF has been one of jy favorite game series over the course of the years. I was about 11 when i played my first FF, and i still have my nes cartridge of FF1 in my closet even though it doesnt work anymore.

As far as gameplay goes, Road to Dragons is a bit deeper. The traversing is where the game shines with its tetris-y pathing which obviously requires a bit of strategy and puzzle to make an optimized route (avoiding enemies, or picking up loot, or trying to attack as many enemies for xp, etc). I also like how the combat feels Valkyrie Profile-like, but it's simplified to tapping tiles that represent your characters, and even has a sort of line-connecting match-3 manner like Dungeon Raid, but without requiring at least 3 tiles to perform attacks. Linking tiles instead create combos.

Tons of collectible characters, each with their own passive and active skills, tons of variety in between them.

The game also gi es out a huge amount of premium currency to get you started with a high-rank, high-level party. It almost feels too good because they feel endgame stats wise, but the game of course doesnt end there as its pretty huge.

4. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    #24 Andre, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    Is the game released worldwide yesterday? I didn't see the game before.

@Exact-Psience: thanks for your review. I only have a question: Can I play the game offline?

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Not sure if it released worldwide, but i was surprised to see it on itunes when i was looking for new free RPGs like Record Keeper to eat my time when one's on a timer.

The game needs constant online connection. I dont really mind this at this point. I have all the premium games i need of i dont have internet connection.

6. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #26 Zeillusion, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
    This games awesome! Just saw it in the best updated apps section. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more attention. It's really unique in terms of mechanics. Really digging it.

It's such a shame this game appears to be dead.