Universal Roar Rampage - (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 6, 2013.

1. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Guess not then.

2. Korbinian@FDG

Korbinian@FDG FDG Entertainment<br />Producer
    Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    we tested it. Nothing like that should occure.

3. OriginalDex

OriginalDex Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Bought it some hours ago and having a lot of fun.... crashing down everything is always charming i guess.... :)
    And btw, I enjoyed a lot also Banana Kong and i'm waiting for an update with some add ons...

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    No impressions after worldwide release? That doesn't sound very promising.

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking...

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    ^i posted my impressions after I bought it, basically there doesn't seem like there's much to it but at the same time I couldn't stop smiling while playing as smashing stuff as a giant dinosaur is just plain old fun. Personally I like the endless mode as the mission levels are to short but overall it's prett cool, the item you can buy seem a bit pointless as you get power ups in the levels, and the costumes are really expensive.
    Overall though worth the price if your interested.

7. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Picked this up at like 2am, ended up playing until 3am :) I couldn't sleep until I beat the first board of levels at 100% with all 3 bombs, lol. I think I'm somewhere in the top 5% on the leader boards last I checked.

One thing I do wish could be done is to move the Dino to the right a bit, and use wherever you tap as the floating center point for it's fist. My finger is covering up quite a bit of real estate with the way it works currently. My ideal situation is to have half an inch of space between my finger and the dino's fist by being offset to the left.

8. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    I got one of the promo codes =O

I'll be posting up my experience with this game later on... my iPad 2 is undergoing an iOS 6.1 upgrade -_- with it's 32gigs FULL of games, this is gonna be a LONG day for me...

ANYWAYS like I said, once I manage to play some I'll report back...

I just hope that my Heroes and Castles, Banana Kong and Clash of Heroes data is backed up by iTunes or imma be hella pissed

9. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I punched a building with a nuke. I love this game.

10. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

This is an awesome game, it is very satisfying to punch buildings, planes and helicopters and it looks like there are some cool unlocks.

11. Psiufoxx

Psiufoxx Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    sustainability consulting
    paris (yeah, the one in france)
    I don't even own it, but I love how the game congratulates for punching things.

12. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    ok this game is a lot of fun... mindless fun though

the goal is to rack up the most points possible by destryoing everything in your path, even using enemies in order to destroy things(punch the heli in such angle that it hits another heli and possibly a building)

stages seem to be short(2 minutes maybe at most) and they're rated by 3 bombs... the dino's punches follow your finger around but you can also tap for faster punches(but this are useless for defending yourself)

dunno what else to say... this is a 5 minute break game where you can play soemthing quick when you have a few minutes to spare

13. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    #73 Korbinian@FDG, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    Glad all of you seem to like the game.

The nuke is my favourite weapon aswell :D

14. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    How are you guys enjoying the world tour mode?
    Have you allready discovered all the famous sights?

15. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I don't know yet but what are the special items about? All I can see under special is remove. Or is that for the clothing?

Also, playing this right handed can mean helicopters come up from the bottom of the screen that I don't even notice until I've been hit by a missile. Maybe some kind of optional relative control scheme would be good for getting higher scores.

16. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    It's a secret. finish the story mode and you will see it :D

17. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    how does this compare to the real Rampage? Is it hard at all? Or more Minigore in that it really is mindless?

18. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Its much harder than Rampage as it has some strategy to it. I've discovered there are some aircraft that are better left alone than to deal with what they can become once destroyed. That alone doubled my distance in world tour mode.

19. mittenimraum

mittenimraum New Member

Feb 12, 2013
    Saw the hilarious trailer and bought cause of it's great humor.

20. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I really like World Tour, think I have 2 countries left to visit. However I wish there was more variety in the mode, and maybe a few more buildings to punch up. It would be great if there were the turrets, building spikes and more to keep it a bit fresher, as right now it just isn't quite as interesting and balanced as the authored levels.

Also I'm pretty sure it's faster to visit the first country then quit/retry in order to rack up visiting all the countries... it takes a long time currently to get to the 2nd and 3rd countries in each run.