Universal Robot Unicorn Attack 2 - (by [adult swim])

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    You could always switch :D though the choice is yours. rainbows or flames, heh

2. doone128

doone128 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Well I see that Team Rainbow are losing today so I'll stick with the underdog! :D

3. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    It is a nice little addition. I like that the rewards are small enough that it should be strictly for funsies. I don't like that so many people are clearly mercenaries who switch to the winning side for the sake of such a small reward since that destroys any competition. Needs to be some sort of mechanic in place to ensure we don't see 99% of the players on Team Inferno by the end of the weekend.

I'm sticking with Team Rainbow. More than enough tears in the world to not sell my shiny unicorn rump to Team Inferno for such a pittance ;)

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    That's funny... I usually switch to the loosing side whenever something like this is included in a game - just because I like having that added drive to do as good as I can. =oP

5. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    For the record, I decided to join team inferno before I even unlocked the option. And at the time, inferno was constantly down by 1k or more. Leaderboards had only 5k players. Then when I woke up the following morning when RUA2 went live in the US store, team inferno won by a large margin D: And now there are over 120k on the leaderboards and I'm down to #6.

So what playstyle are you guys using? I'm playing with a fast horse and short dashes with wings. I'm pretty sure slow and steady works too since you can see everything coming from a mile away but I like things zooming by.

6. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    It surprises me not at all that Inferno is crushing Rainbow. It's so bad, I think they might change the way the system works.

7. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    No, they go to your next rank. At least they do on my device. Bug maybe?

8. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Let's talk upgrades. What combinations of unicorn speed / acceleration / etc. are people liking?

I had assumed more and faster was better, but I just unlocked a Boost that says "takes twice as long to reach max speed" which has me thinking that maybe I'm missing something?

Edit: Sorry for three posts in a row.

9. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    I'm using a fast unicorn with quick wings, quick dash, quick acceleration, and as many jumps as possible. I like a fast pace but I've been thinking the same thing about going slow. I'll probably go with the same setup except this time using a slow horse.

I think the delayed top speed is for people who want to take it slow and steady. Constant flight is how I'm reaching the hundred thousands anyway.

10. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Yeah, I think the game is more of a flyer in the model of the old helicopter games than a runner like the first RUA.

One think I'm doing differently already is using a long dash instead of quick because I find it easier to take out giants that way.

11. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #191 Echoen, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
    Yeah I just tried the setup I intended (and it's supposed to be a long dash to be at par with the slower unicorn) and I'm getting more consistent scores of 100k. I just need to figure out a path around some giants I'm having trouble with and I should break the 300k barrier too

Edit: and there it is: 356,452. I'm now 2nd right behind Barbie Hardcore. I knew I should have redone that 2nd wish.

Edit2: ... Took the top of the board with 413,547.

Edit3: 627,762. It gets chock full of giants later on. And I have a goal requiring 50 stars in ONE wish? Far out, man. My last run needed like 23 more and I got over 200k in that wish

12. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Holy crap dude lol. Very nice .

13. monoclespectacle

monoclespectacle Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Loved the original and in my opinion this one is even better.

Better environments, better controls, customizable elements, and an excellent level up/replay value.

In an App Store full of mediocre runners, this is an easy 5/5 for me.

14. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    What would be a good idea for a update is once you join a team you cant switch teams till that event is over to keep it fair from people switching to the other team just to get the prize.

Also if you buy the songs it should randomly play one like always one game then it switches to whatever other song you purchased at random a game meaning you get the same song in the 3 wishes but start of next game it randomly plays another song.

also more upgrades just cause its awesome hah

More worlds, more enemies, omg this game is so awesome .

Also you talk about these evil serpents lets see them ? Or better yet another team to add lets play as them.

15. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    A time limit on switching teams could work, say 12 hours before an event finishes?

I turned the music off and played my own mp3s. And I have Always so that's a buck saved. The tear doubler interests me but I kinda wish it was a tripler.

More upgrades and boosts would be nice. I still have to unlock 3 more but I think they can still come up with something. Maybe even another game mode?

16. Bethany

Bethany Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Ah, OK. Too bad I usually die before I get to the segment they have right now with zillions of airborne rings in a row (and when I have got there I generally miss the rings). I'll keep working on it -- I could buy out of it for 300 tears, but that seems like cheating. :)

This dawned on my not that long after I posted. What was confusing me was the "100" -- I didn't realize it was adding to my score and I kept thinking, "So this where I got 100 something on my last run, but 100 what?"

17. Soulblitz

Soulblitz Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2010
    I might be being completely blind, but I'm not seeing an option to get to the store to buy music and custom items? I can hit the + in the top right to buy more blue things, but I can't find the normal store option. The only thing on the main menu is extras, and there's nothing there, and an option to go to the ice world.

Help? :/

18. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    You have to reach level 4 first :)

19. monoclespectacle

monoclespectacle Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    You have to play and level up to access the IAP and customizable features.

It tripped me up too, so I just kept playing and it unlocks.

20. 12yam

12yam Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto
    Loved the first game. Can someone explain to me the whole deal with the iaps? I noticed the erasure song is an iap. Does that mean i need to buy it if i want to listen while playing??