Universal Robot Unicorn Attack 2 - (by [adult swim])

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 24, 2013.

1. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    So is there a way to block the ads?

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    5 minutes to start the game? That sounds painful.

3. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    LOL @ the people who choose team rainbow!!
    They are losing 2 to 1 :d

4. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Is the game crashing for anyone else in the last few hours? I've been playing it a lot yesterday and today with no changes and it has crashed several times just now, in menus and in the game itself. Reboots and force closings don't help. I thought I would ask here in case it has something to do with the connectivity features and affecting other players.

5. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Very sparse and low lag and no crashes for me...
    Maybe an issue with retina?

6. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Yeah, you could actually still buy a new 3GS until september 2012 or so (at least where I live), so it makes sense that Apple still supports it.

Thanks for your persistence, I tried it 3 times, and concluded it just wouldn't work. I now tried with airplane mode and could get it to start fine. Considering the problems people are reporting even with iPhone 5's I'm surprised by that. I can imagine that, like Estrica said, the performance problems might be network related for other people as well.

7. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Damn, I'm kind of tempted to redownload this. I feel bad for abandoning my Team Rainbow dudes. :(

8. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I really don't get what's fun about running though the same level again and again. It gets old very fast. It would have been a lot more interesting if it was random. Or am I missing something??

9. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Once you proceed to around rank 6, a whole lot of customisation options, goals (local and community/online) open up. Plus, everyday the level changes, and when offline, each run is randomly generated (or so I've heard). Also, at rank 15 you unlock a brand new world.

10. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I tried to stick with it and even made it to level 9 but it actually appears to be the same level and it didn't change over the 3 days I've been playing this. So even with all the customization which I don't care for, running through the same level is just not very interesting. If the level would change Tiny Wings style, this would be a much more fun experience.

11. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I think it generates a new level when the current challenge ends. The whole point is to give you a single level to get better and better at so you can rack up the more stars for your team (Team Inferno!). Once you unlock the ice world you'll have two stages to run on. My current ice world is atomic cliffs which was the last stage it was on sky world (it's currently calm hills).

12. Wave_Rider09

Wave_Rider09 Member

Jan 19, 2013
    I agree, this game is very boring, is always exactly the same, the loading times are UNBELIEVABLY long and this is the first game to lag on my iPad 3. This game needs some serious performance enhancement.

The two team competition is also stupid as it tells you which team is winning before you even join, so of course everyone is going to join Team Inferno. Why would anyone join the losing team???

13. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Simply wrong. As mentioned, level changes daily or with each game when offline. I'm at rank 16 now and still having a blast. Game of choice for any free minute right now.

14. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    #234 B30, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
    Runs very decent on an iPad2, the iPad3/4 crashes and lags must be a retina issue.

15. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I should have known all the "cool kids" would be joining Team Inferno...:sigh:

Team Rainbow reminds me of a rockin' 1980's Trapper-Keeper.

16. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Lags on my Mini. I have a feeling it has to do with the advertisements.

17. Pixel_Gamer

Pixel_Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    I wonder how they're going to balance out the team battles. At this rate Team Inferno is going to steam roll Team Rainbow every round. Even if the opposite happens, players would just easily switch teams.

I'm experiencing minimal lag, just small hiccups and frame drop whenever I break through pass wishes.

18. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Not the least bit interested in a freemium RUA (especially after SMAMC & ITD), but this and Greyskull's "Trapper Keeper" comment are actually turning my hand... will I actually download a game in the hopes of saving, "Team Rainbow?":eek:

Stay tuned...;):D

DBC

19. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I don't even see the store. I found the way to buy currency, but not what currency is for. Do I have to get further?

20. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    Level 6