Universal Robot Unicorn Attack 2 - (by [adult swim])

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 24, 2013.

1. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #241 grits, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
    No ;p
    Seems kind of busted that you can pay money and still look at ads.

This game is pretty cool for what it is but I think there could've been more variety to the gameplay. I'm waiting for a runner to innovate in someway. Also it would be nice to see a runner without $20 IAP. So far ronin and star hound are the only ones that come to mind.

Anyway I will keep Playing a little bit every day (It's fun in small bursts) and see if my opinion changes at all.

Oh and I'm definitely team rainbow ;P

2. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    I always wonder how game devs *don't* see this coming (c.f. EVERY #TouchArcade team in Nimblebit's recent "social" games) when, by now, they should know this will happen. Ever since Blizzard launched World of Warcraft back in 2004 with the Horde vs. Alliance stuff and the Horde proceeded to get ROFLstomped 24/7 until many, many, many fixes were implemented, devs lost any excuse that people will behave in a fair and sportsman like manner online. Any game that launches with different teams or clans that will compete for a reward should now that you either need to punish (or otherwise limit) players for switching to winning sides OR come up with some way to normalize scores such that winning isn't about joining the biggest team.

Something as simple as changing it to a weighted average of all active players on a side would fix it, now to see if they will do anything.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'd probably take the easy way out and lock team signups if they get ahead by a certain number of members. When the other team catches up it's unlocked again and people are free to switch.

I'm not massively into this game, but I just had to pick it up again to help fight for the underdog. Team Skittles FTW.

4. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    #244 GiHubb, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
    I've been getting the same exact level for the past 3 days.

EDIT: on my 4th day the level was finally updated for me.

5. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Come on...join Team Strawberry Shortcake (my just-invented team-within- Team Rainbow)! After we clean up the glitter, we can break out the Lite-Brite and Glo Worms! :)

6. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Does Team Inferno have a different background while playing and/or a different default theme song?

7. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Will there be Pop Rocks and Sunny D?;):D

Suddenly, a crossover between MLP and RUA is seeming possible...

DBC

8. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Haven't read the whole topic, but you know new levels use the same art assets, right? It's not a different theme each time.

I support this move.

9. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I was watching the TA Plays video, and it looks like Team Inferno's loops are flame colored, whereas ours (Team Rainbow Forever!) are rainbow colored. That seemed like the only difference. Default song is the same, but their "theme song" is a different IAP than Always (the theme of Team Rainbow).

10. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    My evil Unicorn told me my dreams would turn to ashes - How did he know ! ?

11. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    #251 Greyskull, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
    ...if they hadn't ( your dreams, that is), you (well, we) wouldn't be spending our precious time racing unicorns towards inevitable death.

12. You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention

13. Ksprs

Ksprs Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2012
    What happens when you hop through the ring? And enother thing I've noticed, from time to time thers sort of "recharge" animation, as if you gained some energy or something, but I haven't noticed any difference.

14. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Jumping through hoops increases your score multiplier until you touch the ground. By utilizing multiple jumps and dashes or flying, you can go through multiple hoops before touching down, gaining significantly more points from fairies, stars and giants in the process.

I'm fairly certain the animation in question is notifying you that you've accelerated. At this point, you're moving faster and the camera will have zoomed out a bit further. Once you reach max speed, you will be able to fly if you have some wings equipped.

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    So I'm assuming the point of upgrading to better acceleration is to get to the flying phase faster?

16. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Yes and also to offset the additional time the faster unicorns take to reach top speed.

Does the space whale make anyone else crash? When it appears, I usually crash. It's working for the enemy!

17. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    Finally sat down to play properly, and I love it. Though I do keep forgetting to dash and end up crashing instead. :p Love the missions, and the game is so ridiculous that it's great. The graphics are also pretty nifty. What team is everyone on? Is one more popular than the other?

18. Doesn't crash for me

Also, GO TEAM ALICORN RAINBOW DASH!!!!

Attached Files:

19. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Rings turn from rainbow to orange (faded streaks of black when passing through) and death animation goes orange as well.

20. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    I wasn't a big fan of the original. I didn't dislike it, but I'm usually not much of an endless runner person. They have my attention for a few runs but I usually lose interest quickly. The goals and unlockables are holding my attention for now, but I probably won't be sticking around for the high score chasing once I have everything.

I'm on team inferno, which I decided before I had the ability to choose. I was actually expecting rainbow to be the one on top with all the MLP fans etc out there - was genuinely surprised when I found out otherwise. Figured fans of the original would be going for rainbow too.

I also can't bring myself to buy anything, not because I don't want to support the game, but because I don't want to pay to continue having ads shoved in my face. The ads take away from the experience, and the idea of paying and still having ads pop up every other screen transition just doesn't sit well with me x.x

I had some crashing incidents yesterday(interestingly this happened around when the ads began appearing for me as I didn't have a single ad for the first day). I crashed four or five times mid-run, I removed everything from multitasking and restarted the device after the first crash but to no avail. I came back a few hours later and didn't have any further problems, though.