Universal Robot Unicorn Attack 2 - (by [adult swim])

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Bethany

Bethany Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    It doesn't have the great 80's Lisa Frank parody vibe of the original, and I don't like the new running animation as much. (I felt like the running animation on the original was just perfect and sometime I'd get distracted by admiring it. Yeah, I'm weird.)

But so far I'm enjoying this and now that the music is playing (after a re-book) I think I'll get "Always" for it. :)

Question: I have the "Reach a score multiplier of 3x within a single wish" goal, but I don't actually know what the score multipliers are or where they come from. What am I supposed to be trying to do to reach this goal?

Also, what are the "past wish 100" portals? I assume it has something to do with my performance on a previous run but I'm not sure what the "100" represents.

2. doone128

doone128 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Now what?

I never owned the original game, but I have downloaded this and it's great. I've got Always and The Never Ending Story and am loving the game.

However, I'm on Rank 5 and my 'goals' that I have to achieve to reach the next rank are nil! There's nothing for me to do to 'rank up'? Am I going mad or is there something wrong? Previously, it would tell me what I needed to do (ie, collect 100 coins, dash 10 stars etc), but now there's nothing. It just says my next ones are unlocked at Rank 6, but how do I get to rank 6? Stress!!!

Suffered a little slow down here and there but no crashes yet and no ads either - which is weird. Also, on the Extras menu, if you select the Pik Pok option, there doesn't appear to be a 'back' button in portrait mode - which is how the page opens up by default for me.

3. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Actually this is where the fun begins! :) Just messing with it for the last our. With each ring you fly through you raise your multiplier, but it's only working as long as you don't hit the ground.

So: get some wings, run long enough to fly (happens at maximum speed, I upgraded to faster acceleration) and then try to keep your unicorn in the air while hitting ring after ring. This endless runner can become an endless flyer and highscores can explode. Big fun.

4. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    For the first few levels you receive two missions per level, which should be enough to rank you up.

You receive a very short multiplier after passing through a hoop. As you proceed and go further, hoops appear in a higher frequency and passing through two in quick succession gives you a higher multiplier.

When you reach the distance of your previous run, there is a "barrier" on the screen. When you run through it, you shatter it and gain 100 points.

The "bursts" that appear from your unicorn indicate speed boosts.

One bug/complaint I have is once you level up, the remaining stars of achievements are wasted. For example, I need one star to level up and I achieve a 3 star achievement. I receive one star, level up and the other two are gone.

5. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    When you jump through a hoop and collect a fairy or smash a star, it'll say x2. So to get the x3 I'm assuming that you'll need to collect a fairy/smash a star after jumping through 2 hoops.

As for the ''pass wish portals,'' you're right, it does have something to do with your previous run. If you run 2000m on your first wish, and you run further on your second wish there will be some kind of indication of passing it, a portal or something, and some text will come on screen indicating that you passed a previous run.

6. doone128

Jan 12, 2009
    So how do I rank up after the 2 missions per level have stopped? Sorry to be thick, but I don't get it. Do I just have to keep grinding for score or something? It doesn't seem clear to me as to what I have to do. I played at rank 5 for over 2 hours yesterday and just cannot figure out how to rank up to 6 and beyond.:confused:

7. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #167 Echoen, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
    There are 4 objectives that give you stars on completion to rank up:
    2 Regular goals - These grant 1-3 stars on completion. Each is replaced when finished. They vary from doing the objective within 1 wish, within 3 wishes (1 game), or within any number of wishes/games. Just take note of the requirements.
    1 Daily goal - An additional goal you can do that refreshes only after 24 hours post completion
    1 Community goal - All the players in the world contribute to this goal, meaning you can still rank up as long as you play once a day

I'm currently rank 15 so just keep at it. :) I'll use my current goals to further explain things:

2 stars: Dash 15 Giants over three wishes - Within 1 game (which is comprised of the standard 3 wishes), I have to dash through at least 15 of those Giants that blast lazers. I can't play 2 games with 8 giants each to get the required 15.
    1 star: Collect 250 Tears in any amount of wishes - collect tears as it says. I can play 250 games with 1 tear each or even wish with 250 tears.
    Daily Goal: -already did it, didn't notice what it was but could have been Dash through X number of stars-
    Community Goal: Jump through 870,000 Hoops - All the players in the world contribute to this. As long as people don't suddenly decide to avoid Hoops altogether, this should eventually be completed.

8. doone128

Jan 12, 2009
    Thanks for that. There must be something wrong with mine then as there are no goals showing at all. No regular goals, no daily goals and no community goal. I think I may have slipped into some kind of portal!

My goals just say:

Goals:
    Unlocks at rank 6
    Unlocks at rank 6

Daily Goal:
    Unlocks at rank 7

Community Goal:
    Unlocks at rank 7

There doesn't appear to be any more goals for me to complete to rank up again! I'm living a digital unicorn groundhog day!

9. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Is your device connected to the internet while playing? I think it has to so the goals can refresh

10. doone128

Jan 12, 2009
    Yeah, it's an iPhone and if it's not connected on Wifi, it's connected on 3G.

11. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    I'm thinking of 4 things:

1. Force close RUA2
    2. Restart your device
    3. Reinstall the game
    4. Game breaking bug that has cursed you. :\

Hopefully it's a minor grievance.

12. doone128

Jan 12, 2009
    I've tried 1 and 2.

I'm leaning towards option 4! Darn. I'll try deleting and reinstalling. Guess that means I'll have to start again? [sigh]

Thanks for your help.

13. Estrica

Estrica Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2012
    I'm using iPhone 4 with the latest iOS. I had no internet connections yesterday (used airplane mode) when I started the game and I reached rank 8 this way. The game run flawless with no ads (so you get the tasks even without any internet connections). Since I got WiFi, I got ads and the game stutters sometimes. So I guess the game being slow for some might be connected to the internet connection as well.

14. doone128

Jan 12, 2009
    Success!

I deleted and reinstalled and have worked my way up to Rank 6 straight away. Seems like the last time a bug may have registered that I had done the goal but didn't give me the stars, hence I was stuck in an eternal loop. Sorted now. Hurrah!

15. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Good to hear it wasn't #4. :D Join team inferno!

16. DoubleBass

DoubleBass New Member

Apr 20, 2013
    Endless runner,yeah. But there's also an element of old school platform ear here. Ok I jump here, dash, then double jump. I love that these aren't randomly generated levels, and things you can commit to memory. Customization and bonus levels are set up in a very player friendly way, giving you the chance to actually enjoy what you've acquired before you move along. And my kids live it too! Nice.

17. idub76

idub76 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Best. Sequel. Ever.

PikPok, I love you.

18. hadleyb

hadleyb New Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Level changes daily when online, everyone in the world plays the same level.
    If offline you get a different randomly generated level each time you play, something like that... :)

You sure about that? I think the additional stars go onto your next rank... check it again next time.

19. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    First time it was a fleeting suspicion, but I checked a few times to make sure before posting, and they definitely disappear.

20. doone128

Jan 12, 2009
    By the time I had read this I had already joined Team Rainbow! :)

This community thing is a jolly good idea, I must say. I like it a lot.