Rogue Planet - Crazy awesome graphics in a turn based strategy game.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Eli, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockgod321

Rockgod321 Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Looks great but I can wait till September.

2. Hudson RL

Hudson RL Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    England
    September? seriously?! :( i was really looking forward to this game, it looks great and i hoped for bluetooth multiplayer.
    I was so excited when i saw the preivew touch arcade posted and it said in there that if all goes well it should be submitted within two weeks. so literally since then i've been checking every where to hopefully see a release date announcement, and now i find out i have to wait til september! god damnit guys!:eek:

but never mind, i will still buy it as soon as its released, im just really upset with the news, i dont know what to do til this game is released arghhhhhhh.

3. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    I know, it's so ridiculous. In early June they said the game was going to be submitted in two weeks. I know they're working with a big publisher, but seriously. How does it go from early June clear back to September? I don't trust AghartaStudio anymore. They're just not worth waiting on :p

4. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    #64 MrDark, Jul 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
    Bye for now remind me when you really wanna release it. Don't want to waste my time to talk about sth is not gonna happen in a short time!

5. FinalGamerAC

FinalGamerAC Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Ohio
    I honestly dont understand some or you guys. You whine and complain about imperfect games but then when one is delayed to perfect it you get angry and say you wont buy it. thats just stupid since the game will still be released and will probably be better than it would have been. Games for all kinds of systems get delayed all the time and the ipod touch games are basically the only ones i have heard people say they wont buy because of the release date. Things happen, dates are pushed back. Get over it.
    Looking forward to the game, looks top.

6. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    :eek: like my mom usually says: "Don't just sit there and bullshit, move your s and DO STH!!!"

7. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    #67 CaseyLay, Jul 18, 2009
    The way I see it, it's good I have to wait. I'm kind of all spent out now.

Agreed. If games like "I Love Katamari" weren't rushed out to meet consumer demands, they'd get it right the first time. I didn't think it was a good idea to get that game when it first came out, but I got it later on in spring when it was more perfected. A little too late for much hype, but it's awesome.

8. Myrobotwillneverdie

Myrobotwillneverdie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    Finally, a voice with reason. :D

I think some of you are missing the point here. For some, making iPhone games is a way to support yourselves and your families. They want to get it perfect out of the gate, cause that means better quality, which equals more sales, which means more money to live off of and make even MORE games. (this is the circle of life here)

To say, "well, you had a delay, and now I've had to wait too long, so I'm not buying it now". This seems really childish. IT'S JUST A GAME PEOPLE!! there are like 15,000 other ones to choose from (literally). If that still isn't good enough, fine, don't buy it then. I can promise you, you'll be missing out though. Just ask anyone that was willing to wait, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to rub it in. :p

9. silentdante

silentdante Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    florida
    This game reminded me of Xcom, and i think it is going to be awesome. take as long as you need, i will be buying it come release day!

10. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Hello there,
    I hope my question doesn't come off impertinent, but I'm wondering if the text localization is spot on in Rogue Planet? Sorry for the skepticism, but I do remember 1112 having many issues with text, so I have my fingers crossed that Rogue Planet will be fine in that department on release.

Good luck with the lead up to its release.

11. Twazzock

Twazzock Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Really looking forward to this game. I can wait until September though.

12. dominator246

Jul 3, 2009
    #72 dominator246, Jul 18, 2009
    I don't understand how the game goes from "translations and fine tuning" "hopefully submission ready in two weeks" (mid june) to being delayed clear back into september. Was there a HUGE gap in the development process that they missed or something? lol. Somebody care to try and explain that. I can understand a deal with a major publisher but still, two months is a bit overkill as far as iphone games are concerned

13. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    IT
    I feel your pain. I am disappointed that the game is not ready to go and submitted to Apple, but I can wait a while longer for the release. I have so many other great games that I play.
    When this comes out, I will buy it. I'm sure it will be worth waiting for.
    My hope is, that other developers will create more of this type of game, as it really is a great fit for the Iphone/Touch.

Playing Uniwar, and War Generations for now as I wait.

14. Uhgii

Uhgii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Broadcasting/News
    New York
    How exactly are people ignorant for giving games bad reviews for having bugs and typos? You can't place the blame on the reviewers for giving a lousy review to a game released too early. If anything, it would be ignorant to falesly give it good reviews.

15. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
  16. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
  17. dominator246

Jul 3, 2009
    Screw Rogue Planet, I was so happy for this game but the devs are by far some of the least promising in the industry, therefore I won't be supporting them. Battle for Wesnoth looks pretty cool though.

18. dominator246

Jul 3, 2009
    Don't want this game anymore :cool:

19. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    wtf? you obviously thought this game looked good at one point(and it still does), and even if you've never played 1112 you've probably heard about how good it is(and it is). so how are the devs behind this game some of the least promising in the industry? i mean, have you even been to the app store and seen the amount of crap there lately? how could you come into this thread and say something like that, and then cheaply bump some other game right after?

developers behind actual quality apps should be encouraged when they reach out to the gaming public, not slapped in the face with this garbage.

20. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    Humm... I'm the core dev of Rouge Planet...

We're happy to announce that - "we scare to dead there are too many good apps releasing on July and August, so we planned to depay our game to release on July 2010 to avoid competition" :D

j/k :D