Rolando is coming December 18th, 2008

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ngmoco - Neil, Dec 15, 2008.

1. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I will be an early adopter here!
    iPhone needs games, developers and publishers like this!
    And for me it will be worth the money to support such a project :)

2. razorianfly

razorianfly Well-Known Member

I've not read through this thread, but by any means this game has HUGE hype surrounding, too much.
    Probably the first 20.000 sales it gets will be from impulse buyers.

Who am I kidding .. I'll be one of those 20.000 waiting in line at midnight tonight. :rolleyes:

I hope it lives up to the standard of Loco Roco, and if ngmoco and Apple weren't already rich enough,
    they're gonna be pretty rich after they've stopping milking this title for all it's worth.

R-Fly

3. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    god damn it!

the new trailer looks awesome!!!

2 things i kinda hate but will see with the game:
    1) rolandos doesnt deform in shape when they jump or hit walls unlike loco rocos
    2) they cant dissolve and undissolve together... where oh where is my circle button. lolz

4. cjh625

cjh625 Active Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Count Down

anyone who is going to check appstore every minutes after 12:00 AM tomorrow other than me? ;)

5. Flip

Flip Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Germany, near Dortmund
    it's the 18th now over here in germany...^^ nothing :p

guess rolando will be released in the us-store first...business as usual...^^

6. peter2nvy

peter2nvy Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    its the 18th now in Australia does that mean it will come out on the 19th :( ?

7. Flip

Flip Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Germany, near Dortmund
    no i don't think so...guess we'll just have to wait a few more hours until it's released in the us-store. usually it's available shortly after that.

going to bed now...and when i wake up it's rolando-time!! :)

8. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    alot of people have said they wont buy it because they'll most likely have a price drop within the first week,
    ngmoco should have a release price, that will get more sales then a price drop in the first week leaving people feel ripped off i think ;)

9. No sale in the first week on Rolando.....sorry.

--- Neil.

10. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    ahh man!! still, in the first half an hour you guys will be rich!

11. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

How about start out with a sale?? Early adopters, and have a competition for promo codes. It'll be a while if it is really $10.

12. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    fair enough, alot of people are waiting up late to get this will it be released tonight or some time in the day, i want to know if i can sleep :rolleyes:

13. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    I really think it will be out at midnight tonight eastern time, once it is "officially" the 18th in the U.S.

14. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Im guessing midnight PST, seeing as how ngmoco people live in San Fran. I wish it was 12 est, because then i would only have to wait until 9 and not 12!!

15. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Well, when Dr. Awesome was scheduled to be released on 12/4, it went live exactly at when it was 12/4 on the east coast. Dropship had a more obsecure date, as in just "tomorrow". Rolando's date is set though at 12/18, so based on that I think we will see it at 12 est.

16. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    lol i guess im lucky....here in hawaii its still only 3:00 xD ill get to buy it at around 9:00 if it comes out midnight eastern time! :D

17. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I'll just get it tomorrow morning. I don't get you people. Its just like the release of the book "Breaking Dawn" in the Twilight series. 500 people waited outside in the rain on 8/2/08 until midnight on 8/3/08 for the midnight release. Funny thing is I walked in the store the next day and they had over a hundred copies. And this is in unlimited supply, so I'll wait thanks.

I know that that was a semiirrelevant story, put I think its a decent metaphor.

18. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Does anyone know a projected file size(mbs) that way I know if I need to hit a hotspot?