Roller Coaster Tycoon (By Atari)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    It definitely states that it will be the "first roller coaster tycoon" coming to iOS..

2. My apologies, I have only just noticed that :eek:

3. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Im still with you though, I certainly would not hold my breath for this one.
    I loved RC1 but I don't see this ever actually coming out.

4. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Just know that this will be like rct like the ios release of theme park was. Timers, currency, the works. The premium builder game died with kairosoft. It's gone. Thank clash of clans making a million bucks a day for that.

5. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    pretty much. every builder is just a re-skin of the last. I do think eventually, it will take awhile, people will get sick of the freemium model. Games like ridiculous fishing, block fortress, and other games with good paid content will lead the push to quality games that people are willing to pay for.

6. souskei

souskei Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Looks like someone finally got something out of Atari with the release of this game...

http://pockettactics.com/2013/05/03/missing-in-action-roller-coaster-tycoon-ios-and-5-more-games-that-were-supposed-to-be-out-by-now/

So summer 2013 it is then.
    As much as I want this game on my iOS devices (which is ALOT), I'm still not holding my breath..

Still, I really hope Atari pulls this off. I'd gladly a pretty penny for this!

7. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    "Think" it will be a summer launch.
    Thats great news. Maybe we can play it summer 2014!

8. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Yea exactly, for a game that looks like it would take 2 experienced developers maybe a few days to code and put together on a super nintendo w a motherboard. Were not talkin a revamped rct, its the game from what, decades ago?

9. RotaryP7

RotaryP7 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Man, I've been waiting for this game to come out. It's actually one of the games I've been wanting to play on the iPhone. I used to be addicted to the PC version back in the day.

I hope it does release this summer. I have a feeling however it will probably be this fall instead.

10. Borgqueenx

Feb 1, 2010
  11. Well, Atari are selling the RCT franchise at auction for $3.5 million on the 16th. I don't know if that includes the work behind this game or not. Then this is the fact that the purchaser may just want to scrap this game altogether instead of carrying on with it/starting a new version

Who I want to purchase this is a good publisher that wont turn this game into a freemium-covered piece of trash, but instead make this just a portable version of RCT2

12. Borgqueenx

Feb 1, 2010
    They are selling it...? Really? Ea will probaly take a bite and make it a freemium version...

13. Please not EA. I want a dev who will be as kind to the series as Atari was (well, in the 2000's, not when they decided to stop making games for it before realeasing that 3DS abomination)

14. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    I'm guessing this will push back the release for quite a while.

Seems weird they would sell the rights for only 3.5mil... They could make that back on the iPhone in a year easy.

15. Borgqueenx

Feb 1, 2010
    Bumpy:D it had some news a while ago...

16. yUlek

yUlek Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    So, you think that now new info would magically apear?

17. Borgqueenx

Feb 1, 2010