Universal ROMANCING SAGA 2 (By SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 26, 2016.

1. lxroguexl

lxroguexl Member

Jul 15, 2013
    #101 lxroguexl, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    Can you bring people back from being dead

2. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    No you can't, but you can get someone of the same class to fill their spot with similar stats and matching weapon skills.

3. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Can anyone comment on how the game looks/plays on an iPad? I'm wondering if the game would be a better experience on that or my 6S+.

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I have a 4S and an iPad 3. Last night I booted it up on my iPad 3 for the first time and I had the feeling that it was "like on the 4S, but bigger". I mean, the characters look more pixelated, but it looked nice overall. I think that if I were you, I'd play it on a 6S+ due to being more portable, but still a big screen, but it's just a thought because I don't own a 6S+...

5. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Looks amazing on iPad pro

6. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I've been playing on my 6S+ and find its pretty perfect. I have an iPad mini 3 and have yet to boot it on that.

7. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Also on the iPad 3, but the characters are a bit blocky compared to seeing them on the 4S.

8. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Finally made it to the next generation. This game is hard lost two characters in the first generation. How are others squaring off

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This game is fun but I do have one annoyance is that entering in and out of rooms resets enemies. Just like old school games.

I would've hoped monsters would only reset if you left the dungeon. Lots of dungeons are not straight forward so if you are searching for buttons and secret paths to items you can fight through 8 or so hard battles in one room, go to the next room - hit a dead end, turn around and have to fight 8 hard battles all over again. It's really time consuming and obviously you can die multiple times in one room just because of that. It's taking me a while to get anywhere with that mechanic.

10. chubbypillow

chubbypillow Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    NY
    Tip: Dont get too attached to your characters, even if you don't die you'll still need to replace the entire party after completing certain points of the story.

11. Winter9

Winter9 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Really like this game so far! It's a change of pace for sure. I keep discovering new things all the time!

12. Winter9

Winter9 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Does anyone know what the scale in the castle is for ?

13. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    No one has any idea of anything

14. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Helps you determine how fast your team turn speed is. Heavier armor will make your character's turn slower, which will show on the scale.

15. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Nice lol would have never guessed this

16. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Yes, you are right, shame. I am giving a Apps Store review and urge them to fix this!

17. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    I lost Theresa (my original ranger who has the least LP out of any starting character) and will lose Bear soon. That's the saddest part of this game -- I keep thinking up stories for these characters and watching their LP sink lower and lower just because an enemy gets a smart hit in -- it's freaking tragic it is.

But Theresa was awesome and she will be remembered for a long time. My only wish is that their names got gravestones in your graveyard.

But this is one of the reasons I love this game - you try so hard to keep them alive but they end up falling to dust eventually. It's almost like a roguelike.

18. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    When is it good to lose Gerard? I don't want him dead to early. I'm in the fiend cloister and he has 13 LP still.

19. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I totally agree about the graveyard! After Leon died, I went straight to the graveyard to see if he got a gravestone. But, alas, he did not. :(

20. chubbypillow

chubbypillow Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    NY
    Once you beat certain events or advance he story, you will have to replace Gerard regardless of how much LP he has.