Romancing SaGa 2 Price Discussion

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kenken11, May 26, 2016.

1. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Cost isn't bad it's if the FF fans will like this kind of game

2. rod-

rod- Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2012
    $18 is a nice dinner or two lunches.

3. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Anything under $20 is fair for a remaster like this. If it's on a PC, no one would complain about this price point.

4. Bloop2121

Bloop2121 Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Yeah...two nice lunches at Taco Bell

5. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I have no interest in this game, possibly even at free, so please call me unbiased.

Just wanted to add that it's $28 where I'm from, so beat that.

Discuss away.

6. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Hmmm... $28 dollars might be a little steep for the App Store...

My tuppence worth is that, if you are a fan of 40-hour RPGs with good storytelling and high production values, then Square Enix generally offer a guaranteed standard you don't find elsewhere on the App Store. Sure, it's expensive compared with the competition on iOS, but it's the same game you'd be paying a lot more for on other formats. If you're a fan of these JRPGs then, historically speaking, $18 is a bargain.

Failing that, there's a Kemco sale on at the moment. You can probably pick up about eight games and still have plenty of change from $18. But I know where I'd rather put my time and money.

7. Bloop2121

Bloop2121 Member

Nov 23, 2013
    #27 Bloop2121, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
    You're $28 currency is similar to our $18 just a couple dollar difference. Obviously you had interest in this game or your brain wouldn't have even thought about opening this thread when you saw it, or bothering to check the price of it. Go back to playing your "who can make the biggest log of poop and make it circle around a smaller poop.io game"

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #28 Talbs, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
    ^ this guy. Can't take a joke.
    Role model US citizen you've shown yourself to be.

And what the heck, I'll go a little more. $28 Aus is not 18 usd currently so try again. Retard.

9. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    lulz

lol..ee..yyeAH~! Seriously..right on.

10. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    This entire thread is disgusting to view. Bottom line is this, if you don't like the price, don't buy it. If you only play free games, then do it. But saying I'll wait for the price drop doesn't add anything to the games discussion or helping people wonder if they want to buy it. All it does show is you are unwilling to support a dev that busts their rump to put out a game. This thread is why I laugh when people complain about only getting kids games and clones of clones of popular games. Devs have to feed their families and if premium doesn't sell and CoC clones do.... There you go, that is mobile gaming and the future of the gaming universe.

Conversely, don't complain when a dev launches free to play games either... I stopped blaming the company and started instead passing the frustration to every person I see saying that $5 or $10 games are too expensive while they check their base alignments and gather their resources on their $500 phone or tablet

11. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Yeah this thread is kinda depressing. This is the very first official English release of this game, its a fresh and very different take on the classic squaresoft-style rpg and wasn't altered in any way to introduce inaps (which would probably be an even better way to make money) or any other kind of monetization over the initial purchase price. In my view the fact that square-enix keeps releasing these real premium games and not turns entirely freemium is something thats worthy to be supported.

The fact that the game is absolutely amazing really is icing on the cake for me.