RPG news?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Lock3Bon3, Dec 29, 2009.

1. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    You said you wanted dragon quest. Minmae IS Dragon Quest! Make up your mind!

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I know what you mean -- I guess my point is that the idea of the turn-based RPG has been interpreted in other ways. Some people don't like long cut-scenes ;).

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    It seems you've never played TNA Wrestlling. Check it out, still one of my favorite RPG's out there. You may not explore a huge fantasy world, but there are a lot of dialogue choices which alter your character and an awesome battle system. Check it out.

4. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Unfortunately, Across Age looks more like an action RPG, but with a few more elements that you'd find in the game you seem to be looking for.

And I guess the answer to the OP would be no, and there probably won't be any decent turn based RPGs for a while. Everyone seems to be dishing out action RPGs lately, which is kinda confusing for me since turn based RPGs would make more sense to me on an idevice.

5. doublezz

doublezz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Man I need super robot wars!!

6. draxx

draxx Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Try Undercroft. It's a solid turn based RPG. A bit on the easy side for a seasoned RPGer like myself but I plan to do a solo run on my next playthrough for a good challenge.

7. Lock3Bon3

Lock3Bon3 Member

Dec 29, 2009
    washington state
    Beat undercroft and across age is more of action rpg with shooting beam and zenonia style sword play. Ranksao, Minmae is a poor excuse for an rpg from what i can tell.

Really dont want some crappy game. Im tempted to get Inotia 2 because its probably actually worth the money. It seems like they took the time to make a good game with that one. Kinda like zenonia which is a good game.

i dunno what to do anymore. still tying to jailbreak my itouch which is IMPOSSIBLE as per my other posts in jailbreaking section

8. RankoSao

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    how about you play it BEFORE you judge it? :/

9. hockeyfight

hockeyfight Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Washington
    Why dont you just throw away your ipod. You obviously dont like any games

10. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    The Quest is amazing, if you dislike it, you're screwed.

11. Lock3Bon3

Lock3Bon3 Member

Dec 29, 2009
    washington state
    you guys have been playing video games for how long? all of maybe 3 years. possible that its four.

however

ill just let this go. Because most of you have no idea what makes a good rpg.

Specially one thats worth money.

12. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    Any luck with the jailbreak?

There is a lot to look forward to :D

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=708115&postcount=45

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Actually, make that 30 years for me. Played Ultima 1 around the time it was released, wasted many a day on Wizardry 1 (which was the first turn-based RPG, by the way). Just because we disagree with you on what makes a decent RPG doesn't mean we're ignorant -- it just means that we disagree on what makes a decent RPG. Personally, I'd much rather play Oblivion or Dragon Age than anything coughed up by Square Enix. But that's just me.

14. Lock3Bon3

Lock3Bon3 Member

Dec 29, 2009
    washington state
    i wasnt talking about you. Square.....................and dragon age. I really wanna try that.

Got the ps3 just waiting to get the game till i have more time at home to play it.

I was talking about the flamers.

Outkast1 i am looking forward to it (can you play all those games in your post on itouch?). And this guy KGameLover1 is hooking me up with a custom ISPW or IPSW or whatever it is to use. Cant use pwnage and blackra1n is epic fail for my itouch for some reason.

Really been troubleshooting it for about 2 weeks and nothing, nobody can figuer out what the problem is. So hopefully tomorrow i can get that file and load her up and see what it has to offer.

BESIDES ALL THAT .

Squarezero. your old man =)

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Don't have to tell me about it... :).

In any event, I hope you do manage to jailbreak and get access to the games you want to play. Good luck.

16. RankoSao

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    *ahem* i have been playing RPGs since the ORIGINAL Dragon Warrior. You have insulted my honor as an RPG gamer, now you must die!

17. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I remember playing Dragon Warrior on the NES.... I really liked that game for some reason.

18. RankoSao

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    theres a game on the iPhone thats JUST like it called RPG Quest Minmae..

19. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I was just looking at the cartridge art and realized that that was NOT the game that I liked - however, I did play it - I remember a lot of grinding - what the heck was that other game I used to play?

20. RankoSao

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    was it the original Final Fantasy? were there menus, or were you actually hitting things?