RPG news?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Lock3Bon3, Dec 29, 2009.

1. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
  2. Lock3Bon3

Lock3Bon3 Member

Dec 29, 2009
    washington state
    HAHAHA Minmae is not dragon quest its a cheap rip off, of a classic NES game.

That if played today will push your nerves to the edge =P

3. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    check out this awesome list - brings back memories of the games I was playing!

http://www.listal.com/list/rpg-world-nes-edition

I used to play Shadowgate and Legacy of the Wizard quite a bit...

Oh and Hydlide... oh the grinding horror....:eek:

4. Lock3Bon3

Lock3Bon3 Member

Dec 29, 2009
    washington state
    Shadowgate and Legacy = pure pwnage!

5. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Legacy had amazing music - luckily you can youtube it for a quick listen. :)

6. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    Did either of you happen to catch that NES emulator while it was in the App store?

7. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    Speaking of which, did you end up getting it to work?

8. RankoSao

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    yes, thanks to my Apple-obsessed sister :D

9. Outkast1

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    awesome! hope you're enjoying it :D and just out of curiosity... what was the original trouble ?(I recall trying to throw out a couple ideas to help the effort... one of which I remember you said was not helpful :p )

10. RankoSao

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    i simply couldnt find any satisfactory links, and all the sites to upload your own stuff didnt work right..

11. Outkast1

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    huh.... that's disappointing we couldn't trouble-shoot it... i am the only boy in my family (besides my dad) but I have 3 sisters and I am always the 'computer guy' when they have trouble :p

What games are you playing

12. RankoSao

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    well, i havent played it much,since im trying to get rid of my excess fluff iPhone games, but i got all of my faves in there.

13. Outkast1

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    I hear you. I go back and forth between my emulators and App Store games. Currently I'm in emulator mode... just got to Gold Saucer in FF7 and Zozo in FF 6... It would probably take half my lifetime to finish all the games on my iphone lol.

14. RankoSao

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    You know...do you HAVE to rub it in that you have all the FFs in your phone?

15. Outkast1

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    only every chance i get :rolleyes:

and i did tell you that FF 8 & 9 still don't work.... so hopefully you don't hate me too much until the next performance update that will hopefully make them both playable.

And I keep seeing you reference Earthbound... I have never played that game.. Looked too... Pokemon'ish for me maybe. what's so good about it? I don't have it, never played it... I don't get the appeal..:confused:

16. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
  17. RankoSao

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    Earthbound came first, I think a lot of the people went on to work on Pokemon, so techinally, Pokemon looks Earthboundish! :D

The appeal is in the fact that it's so unusual and off the wall for an RPG, its not only a change from the usual swords and magic, but a change from things that make sense! Some of the things you get into in that game are enough to make you think someone slipped something into your sandwich, its awesome XD

18. Frej444

Frej444 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Highschool
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
    Jailbreaking isn't illegal, i know some might tell you it is. It's pretty simple, you buy an iPod, then it's yours right? and when you owe a product then you can do whatever you want with, hack it, destroy it, shit on it etc. but you may not copy their hardware or in anyway steal from them. And i do not agree that their isn't good games, i don't know about how many RPG's in the appstore, but i know there's an cool mmorpg coming up, and a wow-isnpired rpg also, but turn-based rpg's? hmm..

19. Robin/P1XL

Robin/P1XL Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Programmer
    Thunder Bay, Canada
    It's actually a port of a Commodore 64 RPG that I made in 2001, called "Minima". The iPhone version has more NES-style graphics and music, but design and code-wise it's an expanded version of the original, which was inspired by Ultima 1, Dragon Warrior, and Fighting Fantasy gamebooks.

20. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Battle for Wesnoth hasn't been mentioned here yet. It may be more of a hybrid with turn-based tactics game, but it does have decent stories, nice art, tons of content, units can be upgraded and tactical aspect is very well done. It does currently have performance issues, but update fixing those is underway.

IMHO, one could much worse than snap it out for the 2 bucks during the current New Year's sale!