iPad rRootage Online (FREE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Kaos999

Kaos999 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Australia
    An idea: would it be possible for the game to show if you've beaten a stage without losing a life? Like one colour for "cleared" and a different colour for "cleared without dying?"

You could also add in a few more achievements based off that.

2. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Still looking forward to OF integration and hope it's still in the cards. Any news?

3. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Waiting for review.

4. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    OK, cool. Thanks for the quick reply and your continued efforts.

5. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    Just tested the iphone 4 version, awesome ! The controls are finally perfect, and the game now kicks some serious ass. OF works well, also. So congrats to weakfl, you rule man.

6. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    GREAT game! You did a great job on this one, mate! Actually the very first bulletthell shmup that runs smooth on my ipod 2G... and its simple, great, fun and FREE :)
    Keep up the good work!

7. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    I almost missed your comment. Good idea for achievements, I'll look into it.

Thanks Zoran, also for testing the new version. I just hope the review of 1.1.0 will be done soon...

Thanks! An improved version should be ready for release soon.

8. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    #68 weakfl, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
    Version 1.1.0 should now be available for download.

There's now also an ad-free version available.
    Don't worry, except ads, both versions are the same. Same leaderboards, same achievements.

[​IMG]

9. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Fantastic job on the update! This is officially the best version of rrootage ever:D

10. I must say that this is a hell of a game. I loved Lazrhog's version even way back on the jailbreak days, so this updated, all-pimped out version is a great improvement; smooth frame rate, great effects, awesome sound and music.

Just out of curiosity, any plans for a Retina display update? Vector games like this really shine on the iPhone 4.

11. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #71 Guise, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
    Nice. Just downloaded the paid version to support the developer and skip the ads. Can't wait to give it a try.

EDIT:

A couple minor suggestions that could hopefully be implemented easily:

---Having to reset the sound and control options every time the game is opened is a bit annoying. Changing it so that the game keeps your preferred settings would be great.

---The instructions could use a bit of tweaking. For Normal Mode, I'm unsure what 'Your ship becomes slow while holding the laser key.' refers to. Also, bombs are displayed at the bottom left rather than bottom right. Same for the graze meter in PSY mode. Maybe change the attributes from 'white and black' to 'red and blue' in IKA mode. And for GW mode, the reflector display is at the bottom left.

These are obviously minor issues but it'd be great if they were addressed. Thanks again, weakfi.

12. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Thanks!

Thanks.
    Didn't have time to test retina support yet, but if it's fast enough, maybe ;)

Thanks Guise! Probably the first sale :)

Saving options will come with the next update, along with OpenFeint 2.6.1. I'll probably submit it for approval on Monday.

I'll also look into the instructions. Tbh it's mostly copy & paste from Cho's original instructions.

13. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Here's a screenshot from the upcoming version 1.2.0, with retina support...

Attached Files:

14. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    yey retina... will look great on my new touch :D
    Hope that they will ship them soon (even to Germany)

15. 弾幕 (Danmaku)

Sep 7, 2010
    Character Names?

I have always wondered what the names of the characters on rRootage are. Does anyone know?

Btw, if possible, please read my OpenFeint Fan Club Suggest a New Feature post about the bug-like occurrence that I am experiencing. I would like to support weakfl as much as possible by reporting any problems and suggestions of new features. If you are using an 8GB iPod Tough and experiencing a similar problem, please let us know.

16. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    #76 weakfl, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
    They don't have names yet, I just thought it would be nice for OF achievements. The four foes are representing the bosses of each mode, but they're not 'named' ;)
    But I'm open to suggestions :)

Thanks Danmaku. I saw your post on OF, sounds like you're running out of memory, but I have a couple of questions:

1. You said you're using an 8GB iPod touch, so 1st generation iPod touch, right?
    2. Which iOS version are you using?
    3. Which version of the game are you using, the free version or the paid (ad-free) version? (ad-free version should use less memory)
    4. Is your device jailbroken?

EDIT:
    Btw, version 1.1.1 is available now. It brings just some minor changes, like saving settings.
    Version 1.2.0 has already been submitted for approval to Apple and is 'waiting for review', so retina support should be available soon.

17. 弾幕 (Danmaku)

Sep 7, 2010
    #77 弾幕 (Danmaku), Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
    1. I think that it is a 2nd generation ipod touch since I recently bought one (and I can't play games like Espgaluda II and Dodonpachi Resurrection which is one of the reasons I love rRootage since I can play!).

2. Is "3.1.3" what you are looking for when you want the iOS version?

3. I am using the free version. I might consider trying the paid version if the problem continues, but it would be great to solve this problem with the free version for new players that may experience the same problem. Do you think deleting unnecessary apps might help solve my problem?

4. My device is not jailbroken.

And btw, do you think we should start a post on "Suggest a New Feature" to have a naming contest of the characters? I'd prefer the names to be from characters from Psyvariar, Ikaruga, Giga Wing, and other shooters. Do you think Wilson Tjandra might be able to give answers about the character names?

18. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Thanks for the info. From your description of the problem, it sounded like you're running out of RAM (it works after a device restart).
    However, I did some tests yesterday with an 8GB 1st gen iPod touch and couldn't reproduce the problem.
    Furthermore, the memory usage tops out at 12MB (both versions), that really shouldn't be a problem. The paid version is almost the same, so I'm afraid that wouldn't make any difference.

Have you tried to start the game a second time directly after a crash?

Does this happen only when you try to start the game, or also when the game is already running (after a stage)?

I'm a bit lost here as I can't reproduce the problem, but I'll try again today.

Anyone else having problems starting the game?

I don't think Wilson has given the characters names, but I'll ask him.

19. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Here's what he wrote:
    An his website.

20. 弾幕 (Danmaku)

Sep 7, 2010
    Yes, I have tried to start the game after a crash. Without using my method of solving this problem, the game almost always crashes. However, I do try to solve the problem, I am successful about 95% of the time.

Fortunately, this bug does not occur when the game is already running. It only happens when I try to start the game.

Thanks for the character names!