iPad rRootage Online (FREE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 9, 2010.

1. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    #81 weakfl, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
    Can you try the following please:

The next time the game doesn't start, try to force quit Safari and Mail. If you're using the iPod App, that one as well.

After force-quitting the Apps, try again to start the game.

To force quit an app all you have to do is press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see the red slider. Normally, this is what you would do to power down your iPhone or iPod touch. In this case however, when the slider appears, release the sleep/wake button and then press and hold the Home button.

This should free the memory used by those apps, basically the same you're doing now with restarting your device.

2. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    You should implement the controls that when you touch your ship always stays above your finger and parallel. I think it's called Relative Touch controls? I'm not too sure but it makes it much easiers :). Icarus-X has it.

3. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    latest update of assault squadron has it too.

4. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Doesn't this game already have relative touch control built into it?

5. 弾幕 (Danmaku)

Sep 7, 2010
    now it's down to about 50%

6. 弾幕 (Danmaku)

Sep 7, 2010
    hmm...It doesn't seem that that solves the problem. I tried both shut down and force quit on those two apps but it doesn't seem to solve the problem. I might have to try it on other apps. What else do you recommend force quitting?

I have also deleted my unnecessary apps that I don't use often, but that didn't help either.

7. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    As Guise has pointed out the current control mode would be 'relative controls'. I guess you mean the type of controls where the ship automatically positions itself above your finger?

Personally I think that wouldn't work as well as the current way, because the ship would have to move at constant speed. That being said, if there's demand for it, I'll give it a try.

Don't delete any more Apps, it won't help, the amount of free space on your iPod doesn't matter. The problem is the lack of available Random-Access Memory.

On iOS 3.1.3 the only Apps allowed to run in the background (and consume RAM) are stock Apps by Apple (mail, safari, ipod, ...). So force-quitting these Apps should free some memory.

However, I still don't understand why you're running out of memory in the first place. The memory footprint of rRootage isn't that big.
    I'll have to do some tests with my 1st gen iPod to see if I can reproduce the issue (didn't have time yet).

I'd also love to hear from other players with 1st/2nd gen iPod touch if they have similar problems?

8. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Try giving those controls a shot! :)

9. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Still rockin' the rRootage. Was wondering about the possibility of Game Center integration for the paid and/or free version. I don't know how difficult it would be to implement, but it might help with visibility and sales. If WeakFi's still checking this thread, let me know what you think of the notion. Thanks.

10. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Game Center would be cool, but I guess pretty limiting. They only let you have so many leaderboards, after all. No way would Game Center allow for scores being tracked for each level.

11. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009

Good point which I hadn't considered. I guess you could have a total score leaderboard for each of the four modes, if GC would even allow for that. Oh well.

12. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Still an incredible and underappreciated game.

The 99 cents for retina display support on the HD version is totally worth it too.

13. strivemind

Agreed. As far as bullet-hell goes, and bang for your buck, this is as good as it gets. 160 levels, with 5 "phases" to the bosses in each.. that's a lot of highly original bullet patterns. Divide that by 4 different game styles (like bullet grazing, ikaruga style, bullet cancelling) and you're getting a lot of content.

Actually I did have one question if anyone knows... do the Lite and Paid versions share the same leaderboards?

14. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Oh yeah, the patterns are likely the best and most creative I have ever seen.

And yeah, the leaderboards are the same for both versions.

15. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I'm with you both. There's just something about the abstract minimalism of the graphics and the mind-boggling bullet patterns that set this game apart. Glad to see some fellow Phoenix/Cave acolytes agree.

16. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Yep, they do.

And thanks everybody for the kind comments!

17. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #97 Guise, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
    If anyone else is still playing this, have you noticed an issue with high scores registering with OF? Mine seem to be hit or miss, regardless of internet connection.

I contacted OF and they suggested that it might be because the OF version hasn't been upgraded in a while. Was just wondering if this issue is common or limited to my device?

Thanks in advance for any info.

EDIT:
    Nevermind, got in contact with the developer and he's on it.

18. weakfl

weakfl Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    I've submitted an update which adds Game Center support and also includes an OpenFeint update. I'll let you know when it becomes available.

19. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Awesome. Thanks for the upgrade!

20. strivemind

Wow awesome! Totally didn't expect this. Looking forward to the update.