Universal Ruins of Glitterdeep (by Lantern Boy)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lanternboy Woods, Jul 8, 2017.

1. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Played through the first 8 levels and found the game to be more like Guild of Dungeoneering than anything else; a far less charming, forgettable, freemium version of that classic.

Im not sure if it gets better as you progress, just wasn't inspired to continue, much less consider their iap's.

2. Enker

Enker Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    The game tries to steer you into buying the premium character at its second stratum of dungeons.

3. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Welcome to the TA Forum and good luck with the game! I'm glad to hear that you are reviewing the IAP pricing to the game and appreciate your willingness to consider the right pricing model.

As stated prior I respect your decision to do a f2p game as it could reach a wide audience who are willing to pay IAP or wait if it has tuners etc...

Question

I had WitchSpring 2 on my future but just and it came down in price recently and realized it had a lite version allowing us to play for a short time before deciding to purchase... have you ever considered either a lite model or one that unlocks the entire game as an IAP? Just curious.

4. triqui

triqui Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Venice, Italy
    Energy does not even refill over time...

5. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Looks like there's a bug with that. Energy refills okay when the game is closed, around one energy per 6 minutes. Doesn't appear to be working properly when the game is open though. I think the timer is resetting every time screens are switched.

6. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I strongly hope developer listens to what people have to say about the IAP here, keep in mind are there are many games of pretty high caliber that are similar and are just a few dollars one time purchase ( dungelot,Downgeon, maze lord)

7. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    Server error: I am getting what looks like a failed certificate error message.

iPad Pro 10.5"
    iOS 10.3.2

8. ogunther

ogunther Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2009
    Ditto except I'm playing on my iPhone 6s Plus. Can't get past or even see the title page

9. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    The issue is fixed.

I really like this game and have gotten through a few stages.

10. ogunther

ogunther Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2009
    Yep I'm able to get in now, too. :-D

11. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    While I see some charm here, the game seems a bit underwhelming in explaining how to play. The core concept of drop a piece, rotate it, and move around seem fine, but it isn't clear after playing for a few minutes if I should be trying to kill the goblins, run away, or both? I didn't play long enough to see any othe systems open up (such as spending gold) but I think the first few minutes of gameplay are lacking the "hook" you need to keep people playing (especially if you want them to spend any money). Would suggest trying to polish the tutorial and/or backstory a bit more if possible.