Universal Rule with an Iron Fish (by Kestrel Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Techzamazing, Jun 6, 2016.

1. PrimoBr

PrimoBr Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Hi dev! Are you planning to make this build universal or make a separate one for the ipad? I want to buy to play on my ipad, but don't know if i should wait. Thanks!

2. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    If you read through all of this forum he said he will add it to an future update:)

3. Katty101k

Katty101k New Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Help with Farming

I think I missed some dialog or something but I cannot figure out where to get the stuff to plant at the farm.

4. Baronofbmore

Baronofbmore New Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Farming?

Same issue - the only thing I have to plant are worms. I have no idea how to plant other things. :confused:

5. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    You maybe haven't talked to everybody yet? I know you need to talk to the Gardener several times before you can and maybe the cook. I know there is a female pirate that gives you a quest to collect different veggies from the garden so maybe you have to talk to her first? She hangs around the cook area. Once you talk to the right people you just hit the plant button up at the top left of the screen and select the seeds you want to plant and choose where you want to plant them. Just go talk to everyone first :)

6. Katty101k

Katty101k New Member

Jun 11, 2016
    I have the bar for planting stuff but no seeds. Where do you get seeds?

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Just wanted to drop in and say that this is absolutely wonderful. Just beaming with ideas left and right and one of the most well-put together packages you can possibly by on mobile. It's also very clear this was a labor of love.

Oh, and absolutely...you can't beat that name. Love it, love the humor, love everything about this. Once it becomes universal, it'll become a crime not to have it on your device.

8. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I think the Dev said it was going to be universal, my finger is hovering over the buy button....

9. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    The seeds appear in the bar after you complete the worms quest I believe and talk to everyone you need to talk too.

10. Bison Eye

Bison Eye Active Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Wonderful game. I've maxed my level and rescued my twin, but still haven't caught a penguin, much less a blue whale. I'd love to see more content added in the future.

11. Kestrel Games

Kestrel Games Active Member

@Katty101k You don't need to buy seeds. The x0, x1 in the planting menu bar just show you how many of each plant type you currently have. If you select a plant type, you can plant it.

12. Kestrel Games

Kestrel Games Active Member

Thanks guys/girls for helping us get a feature in the US app store! Hoping to get the patch out to you asap.

13. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    You deserve it! This game blew me away :)

14. hfc1875

hfc1875 Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Great game, well done devs. Even with short play sessions I feel as if I achieve something every time I open the game. Looking forward to seeing what else you do with this and future games.

15. NonSoft

NonSoft Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    #95 NonSoft, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    I was playing this morning and everything was fine but I just went to resume and the islands don't work. If I tap a location it will load the location but nothing else is populated.

Oddly the home island does load but none of the fishing locations. I've tried killing the app multiple times but it didn't fix anything.

Anyone else seen this?

Attached Files:

16. fliindnyce

fliindnyce Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    So I was going but this right now but the price says $4.49 instead of $2.99 hmmmm

17. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    You're probably on one of your <ahem> alternate App Store account regions.

18. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Game Taster
    Wisconsin
    Will purchase when it hits iPad. (I do not enjoy gaming on my 6S).

19. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    So far not really feeling this. Just not my cup of tea. Still happy to support devs that are involved in the community

20. goldsheep

goldsheep Active Member

Feb 4, 2015
    the comments in this thread are really just too awesome, you have no idea how much of a morale boost they give small-time devs like us. you guys rule. will definitely be sending out beta invites to future projects if anyone would be interested (they may not be in the same sphere of ARR-PG for a while, though).

it's been really interesting to see how positive people have been about the whole 'no IAPs' thing, I got some random msgs on fb that thanked us for that. we also got a solitary 1 star review on the US store saying something like 'it's a freemium game that makes you pay' :confused: I forget the exact wording but that was the sentiment?.

ah, sorry about that, but thanks so much for the support! that's very kind of you. if you have any specific suggestions or thoughts on why, feel free to drop us a line -- even if it doesn't go into this game we're always listening to feedback for future projects etc.

no price change :)

yikes, code will PM you, sorry about that! thanks for your patience!