iPhone Rune Raiders by Retro64 (beta testing)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Retro64, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    #41 iANiMeX, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    Oh that's why. Lol. I am getting raped by those zombies. I hate them. Maybe you can lower their damage and armor to 1.10%?

And I also noticed that the money drop is lowered this time. It is a little hard to earn money to resurrect your troups.

"UPGRADE" without needed money bug is now fixed. Thanks.

I also noticed that my TREE with level 4 has turned back to 0 because I didn't see a level number on his icon. I did UPGRADE it to its max which only cost 6 upgrades. (Hope I did make sense. I suck at English.)

2. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Level 12 is so unbalanced. This part here in Level 12 is where my troups gets wiped out all the time. I tried 4 times and they all die in the same spot.

It is hard because of those boulders in which Mummies are not affected since they can jump on it and kill you in return.

NOTE: I got all my troups maxed out and still dying. I tried different class and ended up the same faith . Lol.

Mummies are like RAPE machine.

[​IMG]

3. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    That is funny to me because I have 1 starred quite a few levels consecutively and this evening I installed the new version, immediately played level 11 for the first time, made a few minor blunders and still got 2 stars. I will try to replay some levels and comment back on the difficulty.

Oh yeah, this game continues to impress!

4. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Mee too! too strong too handle! :eek:. What a creepy mummies...should balance the difficulty.

5. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    I tried Stage 12 for the 5th time and still can't get pass that screen I've posted above. Stage 12 is impossible to beat with the current build. Lol.

6. Retro64

Retro64 Well-Known Member

Okay, no problem at all. I will balance level 12 out- this is exactly why it's good to test the game on actual players.

Once the mummies get inside your team, they're very difficult to get rid of. I fear the hydras too- they're definitely the two hardest enemies in the game.

You might see some issues with your power ups if you're using a profile left over from the prior build. I removed 4 from each character to make them less watered down.

7. Retro64

.91 is uploaded with level 12 fixed so humans can beat it.

Thanks!
    Mike

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    While I'm stoked you've included the Survival Mode, I'm not so hot about it being something only unlockable after completing the WHOLE campaign! :(

My personal favorite way of handling such a situation is to make the Survival Mode a bit of a two tiered thingy. You can get access fairly early, maybe as soon as all of the characters have been introduced, but some very cool bonus item in the Survival Mode won't be available until you clear the whole campaign. Like how about all of the heroes having a 6th level perk only for use in Survival Mode and only accessible once you've cleared the campaign? Something ideally suited for the class that would really come in handy in an endless journey (like a character specific mega attack with a big time-out after it's used, or maybe for the Healer a mega heal effect)?

9. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Haven't played it, but based on what I've read, perhaps new characters could be unlocked for survival once they were maxed during the main game, making it so you could last longer in survival?

10. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    got it! thanks Mike :)

11. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    #51 iANiMeX, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    Manages to get pass Level 12 and Level 13 with the latest build but find it hard to obtain 3 stars since you will be taking so many moves to finish a level. Hope the moves count doesn't count to obtain 3 Stars. Thanks. Btw, the 3 headed snakes are hard. Lol.

UPDATE: I've finished the whole game. The final battle is actually good. Maybe better if there will be incoming mobs with the boss from above because you will only need enough money for resurrection at the boss battle to win it.

I love the Level 14. Love the addition of those deaths attacking you.

I am now playing Survival mode. Hope you can add an online leaderboard for the Survival and Story mode.

The only problem I see right now with the current build is it is hard to obtain 3 Stars because of the turns/moves. You will be needing to move a lot with the current build since the enemy is harder and got lots of hp than the first build. I can only achieve 1 stars with the current build.

Please add a Game Center Achievements.

I've enjoyed everything in the game. This is the best Action/Board game I've played for the iOS. I love the addition of the RPG element. This is very well done game. Congratulation and Thanks.

12. Retro64

I like your suggestion about the Dark Master. There does need to be some strategy involved in beating him.

13. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    True. I've easily defeated it without moving my troops. I only need to resurrect those who die and I got 6K coins in that final battle.

So I think having an incoming monsters or those deaths will do the job to make it more harder.

14. Retro64

Final beta just uploaded- no change in the Dark Master yet, but Game Center support has been added. Everything else is pretty close to how the final will be. I also added testers who reported back to me to the credits screen with their TA Forum names.

15. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    The Boss King in the Stage 4 is hard. It wiped out my troops easily. The mind control when hitted effect is so owning that it always controls 2-3 if my troops all the time. I cannot do anything than to die.

16. Retro64

A boss is supposed to be hard, but not that hard. New build coming momentarily.

17. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    But it is impossible hard right now. Lol. Hope you can lower the chance of the boss can controls your troop when hit.

18. Retro64

What I actually did was make him shoot every 45 degrees instead of every 15 degrees. Now there are "holes" you can place your team.

19. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Oh thanks. I'll download the latest build.

20. Retro64

The cyclopse level is pretty darn hard too. Another addition that won't be in the beta is I have decided to unlock survival mode after level 5...