Universal Rune Raiders - (by Retro64)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Theda

Theda Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    Mind blowing thought... fun to play..

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Loving the new update. The icon looks great.

3. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Yeah, the new update is pretty awesome. Thanks devs!

4. iZombie

iZombie Active Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Indie's not good. Wow the rock monsters.

5. Rafnel

Rafnel Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    the game is great. This can go so many places. Loot, more levels, there's so much that can make this even more awesome. Can't wait for all updates on this.

6. 3parkbenchhydra

3parkbenchhydra Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Spam blowing in the wind... increasing post count..

7. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    There is small hole near Indy in char selection screen, looks like another char slot. Is there any hidden character? Any plans for it? Retro?

8. Retro64

Retro64 Well-Known Member

We plan to add more characters as long as people keep playing.

We just released 1.04 today which adds support for the iPad 3 retina display, so the next release (1.05) will include a new character.

We also changed to the free/iAP model. However, if you already have it on your device, it will keep the old ruleset and disable iAP entirely.

9. phrantik13

phrantik13 Active Member

Feb 14, 2011
    What about the folks that bought it, but no longer have it on their device?

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    If you have the old version on iTunes still, you could probably install that and then update, and not get the freemium stuff.

11. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    What?! Why not release a separate freemium version? I removed this a little while ago to make room to test some apps for other devs, and now will be stuck with the crappy freemium garbage if I try to put it back. That just makes me angry, plus I won't be supporting you in the future when you pull stunts like this. There was NO mention when I updated the app last night about "hey, it's going freemium, so if you're an existing user, don't update", etc. I'll be asking Apple for a refund.

12. Kotovsky

Aug 22, 2012
    Nice to hear! Release that tiny black crow from game icon as a character, please.

I'm glad I bought it before update. "free" model is too expensive in long terms )

13. Retro64

Contact me, and I will take care of you.

14. Kotovsky

Aug 22, 2012
    New content at last)

15. Kotovsky

Aug 22, 2012
    Hey, what's happened? I just bought rocketeer and ice lands, completed teo levels then - ! - all new content was removed from my game. At least bring back two backs i've paid you.

16. Retro64

Hi:

This is a bug and we have submitted a fix. In the mean time, however, you will see that when you re-buy Ice Lands or Rocketeer, they're free.

Also, if you go into settings and adjust the sound volume after buying, you won't have to keep doing the free re-activations. I'm really sorry about that- it was totally my fault for making a last minute change before we submitted.

We have switched how we're doing Rune Raiders. It's pretty clear that nobody needs or wants to buy in-game gold. All it did was irritate people. And all the while, players were saying they'd happily pay for more content. The moral here: forget industry trends and just listen to people who like the game!

Cheers,
    Mike

17. Kotovsky

Aug 22, 2012
    Thank you. Already finished Ice lands, this and rocketeer worth any spent dime. Will wait for more)

18. Retro64

How did you feel about the difficulty? We kept lowering and lowering the Rocketeer because he has so much range, even if his shots are random :)

19. Kotovsky

Aug 22, 2012
    New campaign is simple and easy even without rocketeer, but that was the initial point, isn't it? This casual strategy game is not supposed to be tooth-crushing.

With rocketeer I wiped about 1100 enemies in challenge, he is unpredictably powerful but that's ok, no one will want to pay for weak character with parameters worse than dwarf's parameters.

20. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I feel that a very easy mode is required. I am playing on easy and was pissed when the minotaurs appeared and took out my guy in one hit. Have a very easy difficulty setting that is super easy to play through, then later on once familiar with the game, I can slowly up the difficulty level. This would also not affect existing players who are happy with the current balance.

Regarding IAP, the way it is set up now is confusing compared to other games. Are there only three things on sale, rocketeer, ice mountain thingy and gold? What about the Ninja dude that is featured prominantly on Toucharcade's review comments?

Everyone who read that review would most likely go whoa, I got to get that guy, download Rune Raiders, finally find the IAP page and no ninja on sale?