Universal Rune Raiders - (by Retro64)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    #161 Artfoundry, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
    Well, cool that the crash bug was fixed (unfortunately didn't find out the crash was 100% until I tried survival again last night before updating - wasted another 30 minutes :p). Unfortunately, I then discovered after updating and doing survival again that the money you earn doesn't go toward your total. :( At this point I'm running low in the campaign (though almost finished), so was hoping to earn more in survival. I'm sure I can still finish, but was just disappointed to learn the money in survival is simply used as a score. To be honest though, I can understand why - you can earn a ton of money in survival - would make the campaign way too easy. Hmm, maybe if you only earn a fraction of the campaign amount...

2. Rafnel

Rafnel Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    You can go back and redo a level of campaign if you're low on cash. I think survival money is good as only a score because I would be rolling in money if I got it from survival :p

3. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Ah, that's true - I could go back and redo previous levels. Forgot about that.

4. Zathrus

Zathrus Active Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Yes, please reset the leader board regardless of whether or not you change the scoring. You know why I think you need to do this.

As for earning gold, and 3-starring levels -- I replayed one level in both normal and hard, simply because I felt I could do better. At no time was I ever hurting for gold, nor did I ever have to restrict the makeup of my team due to gold.

I've 3-starred all the normal levels -- the only really hard one IMO was the final level. I'll eventually 3-star the hard ones, but I'll have to end my infinite survival challenge first (dangit... looks like Rune Raiders crashed or got kicked out of active memory; looks like it didn't save the game in progress?)

5. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I was curious on what lineup everyone uses in this game.

6. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    #166 Drexiel, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
    healer, ninja(always need the ninja), centaur, archer and sometimes the tree

i try only to take ranged to support the ninja

7. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Same here, the ninja is a must have. Others in my team are the healer, waitress, wizard, archer and either the bear or the alladin guy

8. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I don't understand how the Ninja is supposed to work. Is his power just useless? When I move him, the turn counter doesn't go up, but the enemies still get to react, so what's the advantage?

9. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Ninja, tree, waitress (the forks girl), centaur, dryad (throwing the leaves), and the swordsman if I can afford it. Otherwise, the heroine.

@David, you put the ninja behind (or next to) the enemies. He's the only one that can cross the red line, and his damage is really good - he nearly always takes out an enemy in one shot, and he gets two shots per turn.

Speaking of shots, I don't understand the "shots" stat in the hero descriptions - it doesn't seem to match what happens in game. For example, the ninja's says 1, but he gets 2 hits.

10. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I understand all of that, what I don't understand is the power that says the turn doesn't advance when you reposition the Ninja, but when you do the (surviving) enemies still get to fire. So what good is the power?

11. xiin

xiin New Member

Mar 23, 2012
    pls make the descriptions for the characters more accessible
    and most importantly make the game compatible with iPod music! this compatibility feature is such a bummer :(

12. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    Turn Counter doesn't go up... movement counts as a turn, except for the ninja... thing is.... when someone moves, everyone attacks.

so:
    - Movement = Turn
    - Attack =/= Turn

the ninja is great for low turn runs and for slaying... plus you could use it to make ur party members break rocks without having to move

13. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I think it is because the 3-star rating requires you to be under a certain turn count. I use it in the beginning or when no one is around so I can reposition my party into the formation I like because no one is there to attack me and I can save a few turns later.

Yeah, if you're not worrying about the 3-star turn count, then it is essentially useless unless they give you more bonus money or something for finishing quicker.

14. Bdzer

Bdzer Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Everyone says this game is so fun, I just don't like the artwork which is keeping me from buying it. Is it worth it?

15. Retro64

Retro64 Well-Known Member

The Ninja starts out with only one shot, and you can bump him up to two with a perk. I may take his power down just a tiny bit for the next update.

16. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    It's a really great game that I had a lot of fun playing.

17. Zathrus

Zathrus Active Member

Oct 27, 2011
    My preferred lineup -- archer, huntress, siraj (or whatever his name is), pun tree, waitress, dryad.

The tree has a massive amount of armor, heals the party (with a perk), reduced the damage they take (another perk), and breaks rocks in one hit (while healing at the same time). Plus he can entangle an enemy and keep them from attacking.

I personally don't like the Ninja at all -- yes, he has a huge damage output. He's also fragile, and gets killed in one turn far too easily.

[Edit]: Oh, the one hero I really find useless is the Viking. He's good for the first few levels, but after that he has too little hp/armor, damage output, and range to be viable.

18. Endair

Endair Active Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Totally agree. Love the fighting part. Especially animations.

19. iZombie

iZombie Active Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Ditto! ;)

20. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    I haven't unlocked all the characters yet, but I feel that certain animations (like the bear's attack) could stand to be shortened or sped up a bit.