Universal Runestone Keeper (By Cimu)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Fuzzyaardvark

Fuzzyaardvark Active Member

Dec 24, 2011
    UK
    I have this game on Steam. Love it. I had no idea it was coming to ios. If you like Dungelot, then you will like this.

I am also waiting for Dungelot 3, but I can never have too many of this style of game.

2. Galvaude

Galvaude Active Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Came here to say exactly this, so +1

3. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    This game is ridiculously hard #

4. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Is dungeon three in beta or something?

I was disappointed with the second one. Maybe it's bugs are fixed now but I got a little burned out on waiting for things to be right in that one.

I've played this one and I think it has a lot of improvements and a lot of things that aren't in dungelot but are great additions.

Sigh. It would be nice to have a vault.

5. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Agreed on every point, the epic fail of Dungelot2 left a huge gap for clones like these. Unfortunately, while RuneStone Keeper isn't bad, it lacks the charm that was so appealing with Dungelot1. Perhaps it's the lack of animation, but I'm just not feeling compelled to play.

6. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Dungelot 3 is in beta. It will be premium without inapps. Very beautifull art and improved gameplay of 1st.

Try Dungelot 2 now. Its art and dragon pet is fantastic.

7. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    This is far from a dungelot clone. This game draws as much from desktop dungeons, the inspiration for the gameplay of Dungelot, as it does from dungelot itself, probably even more actually. This is more ambitious and far more well executed than dungelot. The balance is better and the gameplay is deeper. I hope it's true that dungelot 3 is anywhere near as good as RK because that would mean it finally realized its potential and is many many times better than the first 2.

8. Flatch

Flatch Active Member

Oct 30, 2015
    I agree. It's more like Desktop Dungeons without the brutal, unforgiving life and mana management. IOW less deterministic and more fun.

9. Tone1978

Tone1978 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    I have been waiting also for d3 shattered lands. When I saw this I bought right away , and I really like it. I just wish it was universal because it sucks having to play on iPad only ... I'd love to have it on my phone, because it's always with me and the iPad isn't. But the game is great fun so far. I like unlocking new characters .. And the ranged weapons is a cool idea too! Lots of awesome weapons and armor

10. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Played DD, but not enough to agree or disagree, either way it's a great effort, and gonna give it another go.

11. Citronaut

Citronaut Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    What's the IAP situation here? Consumables? Characters? Pay to unlock stuff faster? Game looks cool, I'm just curious.

12. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #32 Royce, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    There are two types of IAP in the game and no consumable IAP.

The first thing you can spend money on is heroes. There are 8 playable characters. You start with 1 unlocked. 5 others have listed conditions for unlocking. The other 2 are either IAP only or have secret conditions to unlock. I unlocked 2 characters pretty easily through playing, and purchased the dragon guy. The one I paid for is pretty good, but Hogg the vampire who was pretty easy to unlock is better IMO. Any of the 7 can be unlocked for a dollar.

The other thing you can buy is special runewords. Runewords can be found in game as scrolls. Most are special sets of rules for the game that make things more challenging but give you a score multiplier. There are two special ones that you can buy for 2 dollars each. One increases the rate at which you find runes in game (runes are mainly used to buy tattoos connected to your current god during a run that provide bonuses, and to activate runewords before a game though there are a few other places where they come into play). The other provides a gold multiplier. Neither one provides a score multiplier since they don't make the game more difficult. Even if you purchase the unlock, you will still need 3 specific runes (one bronze, one silver, and one gold) to activate them for a run.

13. Sheo

Sheo Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Russia
    Does it have full retina support? DD doesn't have for example and it looks blurry

14. Citronaut

Citronaut Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Thanks Royce! Think I'll jump in!

15. meril

meril Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Oct 13, 2011
    Switzerland
    Well, the game has pixel design, but nothing looks blurry.

The more i play it, the more i like it. Definitly a steal for this price.

16. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    I hate to even bump this thread but I changed my rating on this game. All my progress got wiped after 10 hours of playing, which is incredibly agrivating. Especially when the game is supposed to save on iCloud. 10 hours of play for $3 seems like a good deal, but when all your progress gets flushed down the toilet, it's just not worth the frustration .
    I would deffinatly stay away from this game, unless it ever gets updated/fixed.

17. kurtalb1

kurtalb1 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    How did your progress get wiped out?

18. dwincelowicz

dwincelowicz Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Security
    Sarasota, FL
    How is this iPad only? Limiting your audience, dude. Limiting your audience.

19. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    The app was running in the background, when I opened it back up, it just went to blank "kill" screen. Maybe if you just close the app all the way when finished you may avoid this bug.
    The developer got back to me right away and is dedicated to fixing the problem, so I can't be too mad. The game is pretty cool to me, so I should give it credit. I'm happy it's on iOS and Problems can happen, so I'm not holding a grudge.

20. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    An update just came through with bug fixes, iCloud support and gameplay adjustments. Hopefully the first two take care of the issue Nergal had.