Universal Saturday Morning RPG - (by Joystick Labs, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 4, 2012.

1. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
    Thanks! We really appreciate it!

2. sabin1981

sabin1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    While I have ZERO doubt in my mind that you'll get voted enough to enter the Steam marketplace, I still wonder; what will you guys do if Hell freezes over and you don't get on there? Desura? Well whatever you do, I truly hope a PC version comes out and that it, along with the upcoming Android port, start bringing in some cash for you. It was actually really hard to read that you guys were struggling due to low sales ... the game is amazing and it's such a shame you're not seeing the free>purchase upturn that you sorely deserve.

3. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    Yeah, we'll likely use a service like Desura if Steam doesn't pan out. We really want to be on Steam, though, and hope that works out.

The Android version will be on pretty much every notable marketplace - we're planning to hit Amazon and Google Play first, followed by others after that. We're toying with selling a DRM free APK on our website, as well.

We're hoping that by the end of the year we will be turning some kind of profit on this so we can go back to being fully focused on it (right now we're having to do contracts to stay in business with SMRPG being the passion project we work overtime to keep up with).

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I really hope this starts doing well for you guys, its the best rpg I've played in a long time, with all the nostalgia involved I'd like to see it go on for loads of episodes.
    I don't play games on pc tho so unless it comes to the psn or xbla then it's only the app store I can buy it on (my crappy android phone isn't even good enough to play games on lol)

Any closer to a date for episode 3 yet? Seriously can't wait for the transformers to appear at John claude van dam :)

5. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Canada
    Honestly, I hated this game the first time I played it. I think it's because I didn't understand the combat system. I gave up after the first two battles. After a full year later, I revisited it due to the game being mentioned in an App magazine. I started playing it a day ago and I'm enjoying it immensely. I'm not that far into it, but I've beaten two bosses and getting the hang of the unique battle system. The creativity surrounding the way one equips "stickers" and different items (I LOVE the sword and the Optimus Prime) is something else. It's funny and original. The references/homages to 80s pop culture (especially G.I. Joe) takes me way back. I loved that time as a kid especially because of Atari 2600/Arcades/NES, and this game is a nostalgia haven. Cartoons rocked so much back then. Defenders of the Earth and BraveStarr were among my favourites. Great game. I now understand the hype.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I agree with everything in this post, and im interested to know the answer to the question as well.

7. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I'm shooting to wrap Episode 3 within the week, once that's done we'll do a bit of testing, line everything up with marketing, and submit it to Apple! It's so close to being finished.

Trust me when I say we've added a ton of content and features. We're going to take a different approach to updates next time around. Lots of smaller ones instead of one huge update.

Also, someone asked for it and it's now in. Billy can sweep the leg as an attack. Just added that in today. :)

8. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    Glad you're enjoying it! The battle system is different beast than most on the market, so it was hard for me to find a way to properly teach it to the player.

We've actually scaled back the tutorials in the game by tenfold for the next update, I'm hoping it doesn't make the game even harder to understand, haha.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Duzzat mean the next chapter is near? :)

10. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    Yep. Should be live within the next few weeks.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woohoo! Thanks! Cant wait!

12. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Woohoo, I second that!

13. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    In case you guys hadn't seen this screenshot yet:

[​IMG]

14. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
  15. sabin1981

sabin1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    KENNY LOG-INS!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Can't wait for the next episode. The first two were awesome!

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    THIS! w00t!

18. EFGames

EFGames Well-Known Member

Very nice news on next episode!!!

Tom's Cruises is very clever :)

19. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    Just a quick heads up - I finished all the cutscenes for Episode 3 today. I'm expecting to be done with the episode within the next 10 days. Thanks for waiting, everyone. Episode 3 is amazing so far - I can't wait to see everyone's reactions.

20. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Great news, thanks for the update.