Universal Saturday Morning RPG - (by Joystick Labs, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 4, 2012.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Luckily Regular Show (and Adventure Time too) is on Netflix Streaming; added to que.

2. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
    Hey - we've fixed both quests but unfortunately after we released Episode 4, we upgraded to Unity 4 (our engine). Unity 4 introduced a huge issue that will currently prevent Saturday Morning RPG from running on an iPad 1 or iPod 4. We've been told this issue will be fixed with Unity's 4.2 update, but until that comes out we can't submit an update to Apple. :(

The stats are:
    Strength - Increases the damage of all attacks.
    Magic - Increases your maximum MP and makes charging easier.
    Defense - Increases the amount of damage that is negated when defending.
    Speed - Increases the speed at which your attacks happen.

3. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    So, I started playing this and was thinking that the music person must really like Vince DiCola and then when the credits rolled I saw it WAS Vince DiCola . . . and I soiled myself.

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Haha yeah the music is excellent in this game, I was bugging the devs for ages to put it in iTunes but it never happened :p
    Love the game though and can't wait for more chapters.

5. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I think the soundtrack would be DiCola's call rather than the development team's. I don't think they'd get money for it.

6. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I encountered some issues, which I believe were mentioned some time ago with three quests in Episode 3.

After doing Power and Ben Poops, the missions cleared where I turned the switches, but then reactivated when I left the rooms in which they were located.

For Blitzed, there weren't any soldiers in Shadow Valley until I went into the gym and came back out. When I fought one soldier the others vanished. So I went into the gym again and they were there. I didn't get credit for beating one until after I'd come out of the gym. After defeating them all, having to go back into the gym each time I still hadn't got credit for more than the first one.

The report at the end of the episode said that I did all the quests, but Ben and Fists acted like I I still needed to do their quests and the Snoozer Foreman vanished so I don't know if I actually missed a conclusive conversation regarding the power quest.

What chapter is the "I" for the Operation Game door located in?

7. sabin1981

sabin1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    Aye.. According to MightyRabbit, Vince holds the rights to the soundtrack and I've been bugging Vince about it on FB for ages, apparently Vince and Kenny (his recording/composing partner, Kenny Meredith) are in talks with a small indie label to publish the SMRPG soundtrack :)

8. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Man, I was hoping for a Halloween episode this year since they rocked Christmas for us last year. Anyone think we'll see any more updates in the future?

9. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Saw the posts about ep. 5. Can't wait! If not Halloween themed, space themed will be awesome! Man, my only wish is that someone would do a walkthrough so I'd know if I should pay for hockey tickets or if I'll find them somewhere later...

10. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I just encountered the Ben Poops quest bug. After completing the quest and getting XP, I moved on. And sure enough, when I left the area, the quest became active again and when I tried turning the valve again it wouldn't let me. So I'll just finish the game and hope it ends up being accomplished.

11. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    You can buy them or you can get Charles Cheezer to steal them. I think both routes have an achievement attached to them. There are several quests like that.

12. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Anybody remember where they got the BB gun in the Christmas episode? I don't want to finish the episode never having found it. Thanks!

13. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Never mind, all. I found it right before the last battle. Sure wish I had been able to get it and actually use it before reaching the end. Oh well. Now if I could only get that stupid reward from the reporter... like she promised last episode. Guess that was supposed to happen in the next episode?

14. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I just replayed the Christmas episode myself the other day, I love this game and the chapters are just the right length to play one now and then without them being to long.

15. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
  16. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
  17. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Canada
    I just got the Saturday Morning RPG original soundtrack off iTunes this morning and I love it! I've been waiting for this for so long. I still think this RPG is overlooked and should especially be acknowledged by console snobs that think there aren't any good original in-depth games for the iOS.

18. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I guess this got pulled? Its not even in my Purchase list anymore.

I thought pulled games remain in purchase list in the updates tab?

I always put playing this off and finally when i get the itch to play again its gone.

/cry

19. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    If the publisher does not renew their Apple developer account, it disappears altogether. According to the developer's Twitter, that's what happened here. Their iOS publisher did not renew.

20. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Not surprising since there hasn't been any new content for years. Disappointing still. Now I'll have to sync my phone in order to play it again. Sure hope the devs make a new episode and decide to self-publish. This was such a fantastic game and idea set up perfectly to continue for many episodes. Sure wish we would be warned about any of our purchases that would disappear from the App Store before they go. I had beat all the episodes, but would have downloaded it before they removed it.