Universal Score! Hero (by First Touch Games Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Aug 4, 2015.

1. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Holy crap. Just came on here to post the very same thing, but thanks for warning people sooner!

I noticed the button had 24hr on it and also that there is no "restore purchases" option.

Damn, what a disappointment. The original Score! warranted attempt after attempt until you got it right, as does this new version, but the energy system seriously hampers that.

Probably going to delete now.

2. FRS

FRS Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Yeah, the timers/energy on this game are pretty predatory... It's a shame because I've liked their games in the past but this one is a pass for me.

3. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    The gameplay here is better than the first Goals as you have more freedom and different passing opportunities create different situations, you're not just recreating goals from the past. However the timers here are simply awful. The game ultimately doesn't want to be played. At least offer us a non consumable IAP to get rid of the hearts meter. Another fantasy would be to marry this with the structure of New Star Soccer and I'd be in footy heaven!

4. tarek

tarek Active Member

Nov 12, 2012
    This is a great, fun game which is looking more likely to be ruined by the timer IAPs. I'm happy with the purchase of cash for rewinds and the very simplified cosmetic character upgrades, but the 24 hour unlimited hearts/energy, that's rubbish.

I'd gladly pay the money asked for a complete unlock of the energy factor, but not for a limited time timer.

It's a bit of a shame. I spent an hour playing last night, enjoyed it but as soon as I hit the timer it was time to move onto something else. I picked it up again is morning, same thing, bit of time, hit the timer and that's that. I won't touch it again until later today, when I remember, and slowly, as with most of these games, the gap between play sessions will grow greater and greater. Make the energy depletion a one time IAP, and it changes the way I certainly play. And I can't imagine I'm alone in this.

Anyway, overall I find this fun, but changing the energy IAP to unlimited rather than only 24hrs would make a huge difference.

5. jetveetlev

jetveetlev Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2013
    I really hope they would release new IAP that unlock everything.. not just for 24 hrs..

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Only played for 10 minutes so far but I am liking it, but I'm not far enough in yet to see energy or anything become an issue so we will see. Although I'm happy to swap between games anyway so it depends how severe it is.

7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    So I'm not really impressed with this after more time, there are moments of fun of course but the energy system sucks. It starts out not so bad but quickly becomes an issue especially when you have multistage levels where you beat a really hard part then fail the next and get reset after already losing piles of lives.

Also the goalkeeper seems to be like Spider-Man at times, it doesn't matter which way he's leaning or anything like that you just can't tell where he will dive and even when it seems impossible to get to it he does.

Only giving it 3 stars because I find the energy system here much poorer than even the one on angry birds 2 which received a lot of criticism

8. aeschylus72

aeschylus72 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2012
    there is a bit of a exploitable bug on the game BTW, if you have 2 devices and use up all your energy on the first device, then load game on second device it will ask you which save you want to continue from (ie cloud save) and when it loads that save on the other device you don't auto lose the energy, so effectively a full refill of your energy

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I have to change my rating for this game dropping it to 1. It is quite pretty and has potential but the energy system sucks and is one of the worst I've seen when crossed with the way the game plays out, each stage in a level being reset when you mess up. So a level might have 4 stages, you beat all 3 and lose some lives doing so but then lose at stage 4 and get reset to stage 1! Which wouldn't be the end of the world if it didn't have an energy system.

But since it has this system that makes you restart completely it's terrible it should only set you back one stage not the whole level.

10. tarek

tarek Active Member

Nov 12, 2012
    I completely agree. And here is where the bucks for rewinds is important. On those multi levels you might want to rewind when you're at the final point, especially when you are replaying to get the three star score. But the energy loss screws with that and means that even if you rewind but fail, you either need to continually rewind or take the energy hit and start from the beginning.

I really enjoy the game, but man it can be frustrating, not gameplay wise, but IAP design wise.

11. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I agree with the criticism on the energy system and rewinds on multistage levels. To the devs: give us an IAP to remove the energy system and to allow checkpoints between goals on those multistage levels, it would remove the frustration expressed here.

The game is ultimately a lot of fun, regrettably the experience is tarnished due to the IAP shenanigans.

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Somehow missed this the first time

Love Score, LOVE First Touch Soccer (in about my 15th season, playing with my own team and never signing expensive players).

Just downloading now. Not bad, like the 'story' you have but yeah can see timers will sadly be frustrating on this one

13. tarek

tarek Active Member

Nov 12, 2012

I have a question, is first touch soccer similar to the Score! Games in that you use swipe to pass and shoot? Or do you have to use an analog stick to move players? I find that type of game too hard for me and prefer the swipe motion controls, which makes the Score games much more enjoyable (for me).

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I think its joystick only. That's what I've been using. There are different modes so yo can play as just one player which is quite cool or you can sim the games. It's free to download so you should give it a try

15. EngelxD

EngelxD New Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Are the team REAL MADRID in this game?

16. aeschylus72

Apr 13, 2012
    I asked if they would be willing to implement a IAP for unlimited energy

Hi
    Thanks for getting in touch. Although intial Score! Hero feedback has been positive, we're aware that some user dislike the energy system. We may revise it, however it will be probably based on the apps performance and the strength of customer opinion.
    Thanks
    Tom
    FTG

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Yeh but have you seen where the game is in the charts and top grossing, pretty high in the UK at least. But I haven't played in days now I just check in here because I loathe it so much

18. aeschylus72

Apr 13, 2012
    so finished it today :)

not a penny spent, I saved the energy you collect for the hard levels and that worked well...

you go to a bigger club each season, except the last season, that makes no sense

19. rich1574

rich1574 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2015
    #40 rich1574, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    Game has great potential but the method of having to use rewinds plus the timed energy all combined with the keepers ability to pull off incredible saves at times has ruined it. Deleting until they give us an IAP that gives permanent infinite energy.