Seabeard (Developed by Hand Circus and published by Backflip Studios)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Cevan, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cevan

Cevan Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Update!

https://twitter.com/handcircus/status/500241181079785472

2. Touchdoku

Touchdoku Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Unemployed
    Norway
    So hyped for this game.

3. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Hmm, they've entered the beta phase. So, I think this one still needs a month or two till release. D':

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Is there a beta signup anywhere?

5. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Seaaabeard hurry up

6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Tried contacting them they didn't say anything l they said was beta was a closed beta.

7. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Dang that's a bummer. They wanna make money but they don't wanna release it yet haha

8. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    #68 aconfusedkender, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    Where is THIS game!!!

Plus I wanted to bump this just to see how many people saw the bump and got their hopes CRUSHED like me for waiting to long for an update hahahaha.

I might be a tiny bit evil for this.
    :)

9. Cevan

Cevan Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2012
    HandCircus has uploaded a couple Vines of Seabeard gameplay! You can see them all from their Twitter if you'd like.

https://twitter.com/handcircus

They've also confirmed that the game will be out sometime before Christmas. Hopefully though we actually get a real estimate on its release soon.

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    This one seems to be taking forever. I'm starting to think all the hype will be for naught.

11. I'm so excited for this game! I have a feeling it'll be coming soon :D

12. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Yup I know so, I put out a tweet if the month of the game release was a R or a Y and they replied back with a R ... That gets me excited I can't wait for this game to come ^-^ I did put out another tweet the month of a game release does it have 7 letters or does it have 8, though oddly no responce to that one.. Looks like a great game ^-^ the free to play online only model worry's me but I will try anything once .. Hoping it is ios 7 compatible

13. shining jade

Apr 1, 2013
    I should of figured .. Energy based maybe I won't be checking into this one .. Kinda thought it be like Oceanhorn (offline no energy boat sailing fun)
    but I was wrong it has the same quality per say .. Oddball of not walking realistically around -_-
    But it is energy ridden and will be locked to wifi only, even though the one screen shot shows they can go offline .. They just choose it to be online only... Simsfreeplay anyone sigh was excited now just sad .. They could of made this a premium then there be no energy and no need for 24/7 wifi
    ... Not everyone has stable wifi some use library's and cafe's ...
    There are people that want a console like game, im sure I am not the only one with that thinking ...

[​IMG]

14. TDAKS

TDAKS Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2010
    When is this game going to be done???????

Castaway Paradise is out and the reviews don't look too good.

15. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    backflip. hope this game actually has some gameplay not a bunch of timer nonsense. the last two from them were big misses for me.

16. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    If I remember correctly (there was a video somewhere around on YT), the energy (in this case fuel) is only needed if you want to explore the ocean with your ship which means that you are still able to do all kind of things on the island you are at the moment. Castaway Paradise was a huge letdown for me so I'll look out for this one instead, which I did anyways way before CP was released.

17. shining jade

Apr 1, 2013
    Yea it seems energy is only used with sailing but what throws me off is that its online only .. -_- was hoping for it to be offline but it seems theres no hope for that anymore... I think I may try it but I will continue my journey to find a game like this that actually cares to allow offline! .. It seems the ones who hack the games ruin it for us but if the developers knew what they were doing, they just make iAP bought only server sided .. Sometimes I think they rush things and don't think of this stuff -_- eh ..I'll try it thats about it but with a online restriction I wont get to fully enjoy it ...

The video that I think you were talking about

18. Cevan

Cevan Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2012
    A new blog post was posted a few days ago.

http://www.handcircus.com/seabeard-approaching/

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah i remember emailing the dev about offline capability and he said no unfortunately. That sadly makes this game a pass for me. Add in timers and that's a recipe for disaster. However if you can handle that, that's great!

20. Jables

Jables Well-Known Member

May 21, 2011
    Game Designer
    Colorado
    Seabeard is soft-launched in Canada, Mexico & the Netherlands!

Hey all! Just wanted to give you a heads up that Seabeard is soft-launched in Canada, Mexico & the Netherlands! Check it out!

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/seabeard/id913754563?mt=8

[hqyoutube]5xgHHualw9I&list=UUy_rWV0XCOTWtqasuje-V3A[/hqyoutube]