'Secret of Mana' - Square Enix [Releasing in december]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 16, 2010.

1. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    #81 alchemistrpm, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
    My sentiments exactly :) Still, can't help but want it asap. I was all set to buy it on it's bogus release date recently. What kick-in-the-teeth marketing.

Anyway, re: Secret of Mana, I wasn't planning on buying this one as I can play the original with an SNES or emulator, but if it's reworked for the iPhone in some significant way, I don't think I'll be able to resist...

My dream: An iDevice-exclusive Chrono sequel :) (keep dreamin right? lol)

2. Neidal

Neidal Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Real Estate Property Manager
    Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
    Well after watching the video it shows that SquareEnix are doing more than just lazily porting the game to iOS via an emulator as SEGA has done in the past. There are new character portraits, and the ring menu is touch swipe enabled, when using an item you can tap on the character you wish to use the item on. Near the end of the video, you can see clouds reflected in the water, this was not in the original graphical enhancements FTW!

It explains the delay in releasing the game. ChronoTrigger should be relatively straightforward to port to iOS as the majority of the game has been written for touch interface with the Nintendo DS release.

I'd love to see Secret of Mana being played on an iPad... With Bluetooth multiplayer :)

3. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    The ring menu is the only thing I think that would stop this having fun Bluetooth multiplayer, so, in the video when they use it, you can see flowers in the top right moving; have they changed it so using the menu doesn't pause the game do you think?

4. butterbean21

butterbean21 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    WOW..... Love the video, I want this NOW!!

5. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    I don't want this game... It reminds me of so many bad childhood memories...

6. RossC

RossC Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    I was kidding, of course ROFL

8. RossC

RossC Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    lol, i want this game, they are teasing with these videos and no sign of a release! they are taking tips from Blizzard :D

And while i'm at it, I want square enix to update Final Fantasy for multitasking support. It's been a while.....

9. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Ok now I want, the video sold me!

10. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    The Translation Around The video By Google Translation

@appbank: It is. Square Enix, I went to play yesterday evening. I said I met a lot of Keiosuringusu Ando. Publish an article later. Mecha interesting. Keiosuringusu sequel, I wanted to play.

At that time, two will be released later this year Seiken Densetsu (Secret of Mana), so we had to play in public play video portion of the beginning. I like action right than it appears to "miss it! Move Heck!" I wanted time to play. I want to try to touch it.

The manageability of the ring command is likely here!

*then the video is placed here*

SFC instrument seems to have deliberately stuck with what degree of fidelity to the same. But a well-known bug seems to crush everything. Because the development version only, you will now be made even brush up!

Then, Final Fantasy Tactics I had seen it. It is still in development, iPhone to work on interesting! It was incorporated as a device I have.:):)

11. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    So does that mean it will come out over here this year? Did Chaos Rings take time to localise or was it a worldwide release?

12. Rivozzz

Oct 6, 2009
    i dont know...but i hope it comes out before december !!

13. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Oh wow... so it's not just a cheap emulation job? It's an actual port with iOS appropriate adaptation?

I'm impressed. :)

One of the best games of its kind ever made. I would definitely buy this if it's done well.

14. butterbean21

Nov 13, 2009
    I wish this was out already! Hope it's before Xmas too!

15. Sotoro

Sotoro Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Yea, hope this too.
    Btw. is there any information, about gamecenter support with archievments?

16. Rivozzz

Oct 6, 2009
    you are too greedy...they dont give any news about the game it self or release date in months..and u want info about gamecenter

17. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Did Voice Fantasy have GC?

IF it has multiplayer it would probably be through GC

18. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Everyday I check to see if this or FFT is out

I wish there would be some news for this game !
    Does square enix do worldwide releases as soon as their games are approved or do they set it for a specific day so the NZ get it first ?

19. butterbean21

Nov 13, 2009
    It's driving me crazy, no news on a release date, or anything, I'm hoping it will surprise us and pop up before XMAS! :)

I hope it's a Worldwide release, but who knows!

20. Darkus

Darkus Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Oh. Hi.
    Honestly i'm assuming this has just turned into vaporware.
    I had high hopes for Square to get more involved in iOS development. But it just doesn't seem like they care.