Universal Secrt Files Tunguska (by Deep Silver)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Planetshooter, Jul 13, 2014.

1. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    #21 bigjack66, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    Looks nice, I'll give it a go. But it's already 5 in the morning, so beddy byes. Will check it out tomorrow. Just to be an annoying prick, there's no mystery at Tunguska. It was an air burst comet. Made a bit of a mess tho. Not going to stop me enjoying the game.

2. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    i also hate game centar and other stupid arhivements,play game and relex:D

3. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  4. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Well, at one point it WAS a mystery. But, yes, the mystery of the explosion was solved long ago.

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

That's what they've told us. That's what they want us to believe... :cool:

Anyway, this game is among my most favourite adventures, it's a great game.

6. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    #26 bigjack66, Jul 16, 2014
    Well what else could it be? Anyway thanks to another week of suckiness this looks like the best offering this week! Bit small on ipod screen thanks to UI, but still playable. Fortunately I've got a mini too, which is more playable.

7. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    [​IMG]

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Lol!
    Tini, I love you. :D

9. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    #30 Jake7905, Jul 16, 2014
    The Ancient Aliens TV show is a cover for the real conspiracy: that guy's the alien. He's been trying to distract us by taking real historical events, and falsely crediting his species as their source. Look it up.

But seriously, when it comes to historical conspiracies featuring aliens, South Park summed it up beautifully in the "A History Channel Thanksgiving" episode.

10. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Wow... this is Deep Silver's entry into handheld iOS gaming; hopefully that's a good sign of things to come. They are publishers for Dead Island, Metro: Last Light, Risen, etc etc.

11. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    Yeh very funny! These alien gags are old hat, there's no such things as aliens, there never have been. If you do really believe in aliens you're seriously delusional and I've got a bridge to sell you.

12. Tanc24

Tanc24 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Huge file size, but this game looks excellent. My guess is it goes down as one of the top point and click adventure games of the year. Saving up Starbucks money and clearing memory space now...

13. blindmuggy

blindmuggy Active Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Id like the developers know that im buying this because it says no episodes full game and i want to show my support so we can have more full games

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #35 Vovin, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014

If one calculates the probability based on the infinity of the universe, so is it more likely that there are aliens, as there are none.
    You seem to have missed some classes in school, otherwise you'd know that non-terrestrial lifeforms have been found already. Ok, it's only microbes, but a lot of scientists say that it is absolutely possible that other planets have gone through a similiar evolution as our planet has. You may keep your bridge and sit down under it. ;) :D

15. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Oh be gentle, Vovin - at least he didn't declare belief in any kind of godlike supernatural creature capable of generating universes in just a week, even allowing one day to put his feet up, sip a cup of nectar-like coffee and admire his work!

Bet he doesn't even own a tin-foil helmet ;-)

16. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    #37 bigjack66, Jul 17, 2014
    I didn't mean aliens don't exist I just meant they're not coming here, which was the original implication as an explanation of the Tunguska event. Of course I believe aliens exist,I'm not that dumb! But it's a nice bridge and it's not too dear!

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #38 Vovin, Jul 17, 2014

Awww, just kidding here, so.... may I have a seat beside you under the bridge? I promise to bring some German beer! ;)
    Anyway, if I were an alien, I'd also stay several light years away from that crazy human race. But I guess that this "just a meteroid"-story would be too boring for a game, so this story is quite different, but really exciting. Cinematic, even. And if you like conspiracy theories and point&click adventures, you should buy it immediately.

Regarding the game I'd also like to say that - if it is a good stable port with good controls - it shines when it comes to the story as well as all the puzzles. The puzzles are never "nonsense" but stay always fair and are solvable with a bit of logic or thinking around one or another corner.
    The price is also appropriate. Iirc, it took me around 20 hrs to solve the game, that's quite some bang for the buck.
    It's a good game, thumbs up.

18. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Honestly, I let Jack's comment slide because I knew I'd probably be too harsh in response. Claiming so stridently that in this mind-bogglingly massive universe there is definitely no life other than that which we have here on planet Earth seems monumentally arrogant and ignorant, and is certainly an argument for which there is no evidence.

There is a pretty high level of irony when religious types mock others or call them delusional for believing in the possibility of extraterrestrial life, certainly.

On a cosmic level, claiming that there cannot be life elsewhere in the universe because most of it doesn't support life as we know it is much like looking at a group of land animals on Earth and concluding that no life of any kind could possibly exist in the ocean depths, because everything would obviously drown immediately. :p

Wait, so your first claim (in response to joke post, by the way) was that aliens definitely don't exist and never have (a position you had no evidence to support), but now your position is that you believe they definitely do (a position you have no evidence to support), but that they've definitely never reached Earth (a position you have no evidence to support). You seem inordinately certain of these things. :p

Sounds like you need to watch this documentary:

[​IMG]

Proof.

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #40 Vovin, Jul 17, 2014

You are the personification of irony and British humour. Marry me. And then we throw a big party in my favourite pub, The Mended Drum. ;) :)