SFIV Volt Tournament Thread-1st ROUND NOW GOING ON!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DoctaMario, Sep 5, 2011.

1. SoulBlade

SoulBlade Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Can I join?
    Gc id- Mr. Terrorist

2. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    Heya SoulBlade.

We've got all our match-ups and first round underway at the moment.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=98958&page=283 is where our usual chit-chat takes place, if you want to join the chatter and play some friendlies!

Not sure how long it'll be before we finish this tourney and start the next. DoctaMario, what do you think about putting him in starting the second round (unless someone else joins to pair up before Round 1 ends). I can't imagine anyone will mind too much, since this is a round-robin affair.

3. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    #23 Nullroar, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
    @XCool, you reading this? What time do you want to set up the matches? I'm back in Germany so let me know.

(BTw guys, changed my fourth char to Guile rather than "whichever new added character is not fei long."
    Haven't played any matches yet, but since this is going to go on way before they release these chars, it's probably better not to throw away a fourth char slot.

And I *HATE* Dhalsim

4. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    damn missed it....

5. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    #25 fffan7777, Sep 6, 2011
    Is it still possible to add escargon2, SoulBlade, and triggywiggy? We're not that far in to the the tournament

We'll have 21 people. Only thing is that I think we would have to restructure the tournament and have 2 groups for round robin. Top 11 will not have to play first round and join in on round 2.

What do you guys think? The ones that already have results for the matches can be placed in the same group so those results won't go to waste.

Found a tournament bracket maker with double elimination where we can select the number of participants.
    We can use it once round robin is done.
    Ended up with this:
    [​IMG]

6. mikkel1977

mikkel1977 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    Mooken vs. mikkel1977 results is in. Mooken wins! Damn lag! Haha. My Bison is so slow mo.... Or I'm getting sleepy also... Kekeke... Can't wait for next round...

7. Vaceotyn

Vaceotyn Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Ablar2 vs. Vaceotyn results are in! I took it 2 matches to 1 in three very good games!

8. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    That's an idea for the next tourney we do! It looks like there are a lot of byes though, which was something I was trying to avoid. I'm not opposed to escargon2, SoulBlade, and triggywiggy joining either, though it'd be nice to have someone else to balance it out. If you or they can find one more person to join up, I'll put them in. :)

Thanks guys! :)

9. fffan7777

Jul 1, 2011
    C'mon, someone sign up so those 3 can join in on this tournament!

Oh, and the link on the first post for the google docs is messed up...

10. @DoctaMario can i post my match videos here or in the main thread?

11. ablar2

ablar2 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    wormhole
    wow it´d be nice if one could upload the matches to youtube as easely as the console counterparts.

That way we could make this tourney as big as the ones played on big consoles , and spread the word throughout the net , so everybody can join , and play or watch the matches.

Imagine if we could make this tourney as big as EVO ( just to mention one), maybe capcom will find out , and for the sake of us SFIV Volt junkies:D:D, implement an option to upload the replays right from the app into youtube with an update.

that´d be cool:cool:

12. yeah bro since they introduced online mp they should have thought about a way to upload our replays.

13. fffan7777

Jul 1, 2011
    #33 fffan7777, Sep 6, 2011
    Edit: wrong thread....

14. ablar2

ablar2 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    wormhole
    sorry bro my bad :D:D:D

15. fffan7777

Jul 1, 2011
    Haha, it's just that I have both threads open in tabs right next to each other and I just happened to reply on this one after reading what you wrote on the non-tournament thread.

16. fffan7777

Jul 1, 2011
    Nice, so now there is 4 more people: escargon2, SoulBlade, triggywiggy, and rshkhsee.

Add your info on the google docs that's on the first page.

Doctamario, 2 groups of 11 right? I don't wanna play against 21 people just to find out the ranking for the brackets.

You still need to fix the link on the first post...

17. rshkhsee

rshkhsee Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    Whats up fighters? I added my info into the roster and Im ready to go.

18. SoulBlade

SoulBlade Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2011
    It says the google docs page doesnt exist. Am I late?

19. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Is it? Dang, I'll have to go back and check it. I just copied the link you posted lol!

But I think I found another guy interested in playing, so have your guys post up when they're ready.

Yes! Post em here! I rally wish uploading replays was easier cuz itd be fun to have a replay review thread where we critique each others' replays.

20. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I fixed the link. We're not using the brackets for this tournament. It's gonna be round robin/leaderboard style. We can do brackets next time.

Triggywiggy, if you're out there, please add your GC tag to the google spreadsheet.