SFIV Volt Tournament Thread-1st ROUND NOW GOING ON!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DoctaMario, Sep 5, 2011.

1. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Yep. Post your Game Center tag on the google doc. You'll be playing escargon in your first round match.

2. Snooper

Snooper Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    Here's some matchup information for any of you looking at which character to choose in an upcoming match. Let me know if you think any matchups are incorrect. Feedback is always appreciated.

Attached Files:

• 1.4.PNG
      1.4.PNG
      File size:
      50.6 KB
      Views:
  3. SoulBlade

SoulBlade Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2011
    I think Ryu would beat Cammy, Makoto, but Zangief and Dhalsim have advantages.
    Vega would beat Bison, Cammy, Makoto, and Zangief.

4. Snooper

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    Ryu probably does beat Makoto, but not Cammy. Zangief-Ryu is pretty even imo. Ryu-Dhalsim is already 6-4 to Dhalsim.

Vega really does have problems when he's rushed down, that's why i put it as 4-6 against cammy and makoto. You're right about Zangief though, Vega can poke him out pretty well. TBH i don't have too much Vega experience, whenever i play as him (if i choose random in friendlies) i just spam crouching medium punch and the Izuna drop thing :D

Ill put Vega-Makoto 6-4, and Vega-Zangief 6-4. Vega-Cammy is definitely 4-6 though. He cant deal with her dive kicks at all, his wall dives and izuna drops are eaten by her dp and if he does that backflip thing cammy can easily spiral arrow. Vega-Bison I'm not sure, Ill take your word for it though. Thanks for responding.

5. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Guys, mind if we take the tierlist discussion to the other thread? I'd kinda like to keep this one for the tournament and tourney related business only if we can. Thanks and no disrespect meant! :)

6. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    EDIT: Sorry Dr. Mario, comment about balance removed :D

7. fffan7777

fffan7777 Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    What's the point of having the spreadsheet for the results if we can't access it?

8. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I changed that I think. Honestly dude, I've never used Google Docs before now so I really am just flying by the seat of my pants on this one. :p

9. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Four more matches and the first round is done! Good stuff guys! :)

10. fffan7777

Jul 1, 2011
    Oh, no worries haha.

11. kiancheong

kiancheong Well-Known Member

12. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
  13. kiancheong

kiancheong Well-Known Member

I am your Ken! :)
    I don't have much experience with other characters aside to Ken...

14. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    Great matches.

Interesting to see the high priority of Ken's jump-kick. Also interesting to see a more defensive Ken play full-screen. I tend to play up-close-rushdown.

Kiancheong, you should avoid using Ken's ultra -- it's just too punishable, unless you save it for the SRK->FADC->Ultra or SRK->Super->Ultra.

It was also interesting to see you preferred to use Jumpkick->Punch-Punch-Fireball and Jumpkick->lowkick combos, instead of jumpkick->punch-punch-SRK.

Next time you run up against blanka, try using Forward+Kick after blocking a blanka-ball. I suspect that might get him.

Gief-vs-Ken was a smoking. Not much can be said there.

Nullroar's Blanka's got a good mix of play -- impressive connects on the Ultra. And that damn sliding punch. Overpowered :)

15. iVoloster

iVoloster Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Insurance
    NY
    Hi54ever won 2-0 and even won the salty third.

Haha, damn Honda and those stupid headbuts.

16. DoctaMario

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Yeah Honda's a hard matchup for me too. I'm getting better with it but the whole "mash punch---> profit" thing pisses me off about him. If he weren't so powerful it wouldn't make a difference.

REMINDER******TODAY Is the last day for 1st round matchups! Get em knocked out (see what I did thar?) and let's get ready for ROUND 2!********REMINDER!!!!!!!!!

17. fffan7777

Jul 1, 2011
    So what's this week's lineups?

18. SoulBlade

SoulBlade Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Anyone wanna play at 9:00east tonight?
    Gc id- Mr. Terrorist

19. Umm Docta Mario it says that i lost by DC against snooper but me and snooper never had any of the tournament matches so i think that we should either get 1 point each or 0 btw u can check with snooper if i'm lying.

20. Snooper

Jul 14, 2011
    Australia
    yea either we should both get 1 or both get 0, I dont know why i get 1 and you didnt....