Universal Shadow Era - Trading Card Game (by Wulven Game Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kyle Poole, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Fieryseraph

Fieryseraph Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2011
    #81 Fieryseraph, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
    Is there a way to look at cards you don't own? For deckbuilding purposes. :)

Can you trade cards with other players? That would be nice, but I suppose that would probably reduce revenue for the devs...

I'm going to be useless at work tomorrow, staying up until midnight to download, then playing tonight. XD

2. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    #82 Epox, Feb 23, 2011
    yeah you can look at other cards and buy them individually. IDK if you can trade. I ******* hate deathbane. Dat stupid card has lost me my second battle. This game is much harder than I thought lol

3. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Whats the strongest monster in the game?

How does this compare to Orion?

4. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

If it's anything like Magic: The Gathering, "strongest" is all about how and when you play him.

5. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    orion was easier and a little bit more fun. But orion did NOT have online. Strongest monster depends on the decks.

GUYS JOIN MY TOUCHARCADE GUILD, ONCE YOU PLAY THE GAME.

6. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Man... sitting at my desk staring at the clock. Going to be a long time before I can play this it feels. At least it came out though... I'm glad.

7. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    you guys can actually join my guild now. just post on their forums in my thread

8. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    art looks awesome - and this is going to look great on the iPad!

9. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    Im in the uS so I can't get it yet but I have been playing the browser one and having a ton of fun. Getting beat down as I am new to card games but I am enjoying it none the less and can't wait for the app that way I can buy some decks and booster packs. Great game!

10. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    #90 Epox, Feb 23, 2011
    i got ripped of by those damn surveys again... lol
    Nishaven is a risky hero to use, but imma use him

11. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    after you create an account can you change your starter deck? I chose Amber Rain and for the life of me I don't understand her special. She does nothing as far as I can tell. Plus I have only won one hand out of 6 against AI lol

12. AnAdolt

AnAdolt Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Canada
    #92 AnAdolt, Feb 23, 2011
    @badmanj Regarding intermittent network connections, if you timeout in a match with the AI, it won't be accessible once you reconnect. For PvP, there's a inactivity timer, somewhere between 1-3 minutes. If you remain connected and don't do anything for 2 or 3 minutes, you force forfeit. I'm not sure if you can resume a PvP game if you get disconnected for 30s and then reconnect.

@scarypharaoh You don't have to redownload for SE since I don't think it matters but I could be wrong. As for IAPs, there seems to be a problem with this so just make purchases through the web version for now. Regarding attached cards, they're working on updating the UI to allow players to view attached cards but right now, once you've acknowledged it being played, you won't be able to tap on it to view it until it goes to the graveyard.

@Evilblackout2 Offline mode is planned for a scheduled update soon. Campaigns are in the works as well.

@Kyle Forgot to suggest awhile back but matches against the AI should be saved so players can resume them. Like if they accidentally closed the browser window or they're playing on the iDevice and have bad network connectivity.

EDIT:
    @hbernritter You may reset your starting deck here: http://www.shadowera.com/support.php. Do read the instructions carefully and know what resetting entails. Currently, the only weapon that exists is for the Wulven class so Amber's ability is useless.

13. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I just won a lucky game against CoolingMoon online. My rating is 125 wohooooo! I am making a video now

14. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Thanks for the info.

This game REALLY needs an offline mode then - perhaps it could work like Spotify - requires a logon every few days to keep the offline content available?

But without an offline mode, then it's going to be fairly unreliable in many circumstances.

Having said that... counting the minutes until midnight ;-)

Jamie

15. Vernimator

Vernimator Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    3D Artist, Mobile App Developer
    Charlotte Area, NC
    Weapons and Armor will be in the first update. Then she will be able to use her ability.

16. FictionalCharacter

FictionalCharacter Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    must say i'm very much looking forward to picking this up (thanks for giving me something to get through the day).

i very much appreciate the idea of being able to buy some cards with in-game gold acquired via beating the AI as opposed to just IAP, if i read that correctly. i don't plan on playing much or any multiplayer and making the in-game currency worth something gives a great incentive to keep playing.

also, +1 for as comprehensive an offline mode as possible.

17. Synozeer

Synozeer Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    I've only played the web version, but I noticed two bugs that might have been translated to the app version.

1. I was playing against a computer opponent and he played a trap card face down. When it activated, it went immediately to the graveyard and I couldn't see what the effect was. When I click on the card in the graveyard, it flipped over to face down so I couldn't read what the card was. When it went back in the graveyard, it was face up again.

2. I played Freeze on one of the computer opponent's creatures. When the Freeze ran out, that creature never attacked again, acting as if it were still under the effects of Freeze.

18. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    The AI is really challenging w/o any booster packs.

19. Vernimator

May 26, 2009
    Charlotte Area, NC
    You read it correctly. Every win against the AI gives you 20 gold and every level you make gives you 25 Crystals (Need to check). So every 5 wins allows you to buy a common card which normally go for 100 gold. Every 4 levels allows you to buy a deck pack or a booster pack.

20. Vernimator

May 26, 2009
    Charlotte Area, NC
    You might want to post these comments here.

http://www.shadowera.com/forum.php