Universal SHADOWGUN (by MADFINGER Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by The Bat Outta Hell, Sep 28, 2011.

1. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    @Driller bug

This part worked perfectly on my iPad 2.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I find this to be very hard to believe.

3. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    This thread is awesome. :D

4. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Yep, he could have just not commented...

5. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    #725 Madman100, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
    I felt it was worth pointing out.

There ya go. ;)

EDIT: @Madfinger Games - check out the suggestions thread please if you haven't already, thanks!

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Worked great for me too! And I was killed the first time around because I only activated 3 of the 4 rays and the drill got me. When I began in the last savepoint I activated the 4 rays and advanced normally, no problem at all. I'm on an iPhone 4 with 4.3.5 and non-JB, with Spanish language settings.

Found a bug though (non-critical at all, but a bug anyway):
    When you have to save SARA from some missiles and there's a two-minute countdown, I was able to hit the console to stop the missiles just at the very moment when the counter reached zero and said "you weren't able to stop the missiles, loading last savepoint". Instead of loading the last savepoint, it loaded the savepoint of the missile console, as if I had been able to save SARA, but with the two-minute counter running behind the dialogue. I guess that the game gave priority to having activated the console rather than the counter reaching zero. After the dialogue ends, you begin at the front of the missile console, the counter disappears and everything gets back to normal.

7. Cyphen15

Cyphen15 New Member

Oct 2, 2011
    help

maybe they just fix it on ipad 2 cause on the new update on the description its said fix crashing on ipad 2 but not all idevice i mean iphone, ipod, or even ipad1,, but the update still help cause it reduce my crashing but i still crash many times but maybe half as i crash on 1st release,, please fix it madfingers thnx

i also got a big problem or error and app crash when i start at the beggining cause i did not update my shadowgun i just delete it and install the new 1.0.2,, and i start from the beggining but after the loading it crash,, it happens maybe 15 times before i got in to the game or before i start playing,,

(1.0.2)then when i got to level 5 where there is too many crash on mine.. i try to new game the game again,, and still always crashing.. means i cant start from beggining... pls fix it thnx

ipod touch 4, 4.3.3, 32g, shadowgun version 1.0.2

8. Rico Mondo

Rico Mondo New Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Game Impressions

Paid $7.99 of my hard earned dollars for this piece of junk that crashes with every opening cut scene. I have a new I-Pod Touch 4th generation and play all the major games on it without a hitch. But ShadowGun will not operate even after 6 different downloads. To top that...Apple knows there is a problem with this game, so they blocked user abilities to post reviews on I-Tunes. Smart...this way unsuspecting idiots keep plopping down their money for the game, and only half of them will ever get it to work. I've really lost my respect for the whole I-Tunes set up, and for MadFinger games for putting out something that is broken without a patch to fix. I've been robbed.

9. MadFingerGames

MadFingerGames Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    hmm.. we have four iPod 4G here and primary testing it on these device.. I really dont know why its crashing on some iPad1 and iPod touch 4g.. We tested it whole night before releasing update mainly on iPad1, iPad2 and iPod 4G (of course on other devices)

We are suspecting that DRM is taking addition memory or something.. Unfortunately, we are not able to test final game, with all stuff added by apple. We are working on solution..

Also, on apple are crashed only from iOS5, so we dont have any valuable info..

Believe that we didnt want to rob you ;( If you dont want to wait for update , ask Apple for refund..

10. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Yeah man bad luck for u. I have a jailbroken iPod touch 4g and it works perfect with only a crash or two an hour. Love the game and can't wait for multiplayer!

11. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #731 violentv, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011

That was such a civil response. lol.

I have only ever crashed once on my ipad 2 while trying to trigger the hacking mini game. (Ipad 2 , ios: 4.3.5)

12. bagofeyes

bagofeyes Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Australia
    It has only crashed once for me on my ipod touch 4g

13. MadFingerGames

MadFingerGames Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    btw, several people with iPad crashing sent email that it works well after reboot.

You know, Shadowgun use almost all memory budged available on the iPad 1/iPod Touch. iPad have also higher resolutions, so it need use bigger buffers for rendering and effects.

14. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    How many levels?

does anyone know how many levels on this game? I am on the level past the driller..am i getting close to the end pls?

15. ianval

ianval Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Hi Madfinger, do you pretend to add all screen aim with fixed virtual stick in next updates?

Thanks

16. Der-Kleine

The driller level is about half way through the game, and you can just look at the level select screen if you want to know how many levels there are.

17. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I gotta tell you Madfinger, I'm really enjoying your game. I haven't finished it yet, but I like strategizing through some of the checkpoints, ie, disarming the nuclear missiles in a set time. Can't wait to face the final boss ! So far not one crash on my ipod touch 4G, 32 gb !

18. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Why doesn't Shadowgun let you switch weapons by swiping, like Gameloft? Tapping the icon to open the menu is tedious in a firefight.

19. Der-Kleine

And the reload button could be eliminated by using gamelofts controllscheme too.

But the most important thing I'd like to see changed is that when the joystick is fixed you should be able to aim on the left side of the screen arround the joystick. (again, like in gameloft games=)

20. gfxdaddy

gfxdaddy Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    Illustrator | Web | Graphic | Digital Publishing D
    London, UK
    @MadFingerGames:

I have to say that your control scheme is probably the best I've experienced on mobile yet...only Dead Space comes close. And having reconfigurable controls was a touch of genius...more games should start to use this.

This control setup would work brilliantly for an FPS. Hint, hint ;-)