Universal SHADOWGUN (by MADFINGER Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by The Bat Outta Hell, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1161 Rip73, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
    They may be keeping quiet on forums about it but it will be launched on nvidia tegra devices close to the end of this month, it is considered a beta test release.
    Apple does not allow beta releases to be generally available on the app store.
    Plus nvidia are helping Madfinger with the development of the game and nvidia is primarily used on android.
    The nvidia release will initially be a one month exclusive.
    Therefore the end of May for iOS.
    However they are still tweaking obviously so there might be a small variation in that timespan.
    In consolation, the time spent developing and polishing it one leads me to believe it will be a top notch game.

(and I am in no way associated with Madfinger, a lot of app sites have covered this)

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Great info mate!

3. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth

Thanks for the info. I love the game and I've been looking forward to multiplayer for awhile now.

As much as I love Madfinger.....it would be nice if they could show a little love to iOS. Just update us once and awhile.

4. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    This.

And if he still doesn't die, restart the game. I just couldn't kill him even after using all my ammo but next time i played he died no problem.

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Happy to give the info. Looking forward to the game myself.
    To be fair to madfinger though, they are very open and cooperative when talking to fans.
    And they have a lot of love for ios, but they are getting a lot of support from nvidia and it's more a case of maximising the game development which leaves them in the position of having to give some elements exclusively to devices that run nvidia.
    It's still a good thing for all of us though because it just means that visually at least (and in all probability gameplay as well) the game will be unbeatable.
    Apple does a very similar strategy with Chair and Infinity Blade series.
    Anyway, not a huge amount of time to wait, I'm hoping to see it at end of may if all goes well.
    The exclusivity for android is one month so when they give us the exact launch date for that, one more month for us.

6. MadFingerGames

MadFingerGames Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Brno, Czech Rep.
    Hey guys/gals,

Sorry about lack of updates here.. We are very active on the facebook and twitter.. You can also find a lot of interesting things about our team, participate in contests, etc

http://www.facebook.com/Shadowgun,http://www.facebook.com/madfingergames, http://twitter.com/madfingergames

Feel free to follow us there and ask any questions there. You can always use our forums too...

And about iOS vs Android, we covered this in interviews and we are afraid to release SG: DZ on iOS without heavy testing.. I know, that you want to play it as soon as possible. On the other hand, if it will be broken, people will start whining about it.. Please dont fee that we didnt love iOS or you. Dont forget that SG and SG: The Left Over were released first on iOS...

As about being late, we added a lot of interesting stuff there and game is a lot bigger then we though initially.. I think you will love it ;)

Marek R.

7. yoko

yoko Member

Apr 17, 2012
    exciting sound and graphic:)

8. yoko

yoko Member

Apr 17, 2012
    exiting sound and graphic:)

9. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    I really am looking forward to it! Thanks for the update Marek. :)

Shadowgun is one game that I'm amazed by everytime I play it. It's really in a league of it's own.

10. Rein37

Rein37 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Thanks for the tips guys! I'm gonna give it a shot tonight and see if it works. Lets just hope I don't get killed before I even get to chance to have time to target him when he kneels. :D

11. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    Really loving ShadowGun right now. It's high level of quality, paralleled with its sustained high frame rate makes it an amazing game. Surprised this game hasn't gotten more praise than I've seen it to get.

Some small things though:
    1) When you've set the analog stick to static, you should be able to slide your finger above the stick to aim(or anywhere on the screen)- really helps when you're crouched behind cover. A lot of other FPS on iOS utilizes this which makes them a lot more controllable.
    2) You should be able to look around/change your view as you're rolling. I thought the ability to roll was a great addition to this game. Really brought down the monotony and also added a whole new way to bring down enemies.

Also, I remember a while while while back when rumors about multiplayer. Is it still happening or no? :(

Thanks

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I read multiplayer was going to be a separate app or something like that. I read it some weeks ago.

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It will be a seperate app.
    Marek from Madfinger posted above and I posted some info that I found above as well.

14. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    Ah, ok. Thank you both. I'll stay tuned :)

15. b00mers

b00mers Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    whiterun
    Is there a retina update coming?

16. Kschreck

Kschreck Member

May 26, 2011
    They posted an update about a new game update in the works for ipad so my guess would be yes.

17. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#1177 killercow, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
    Retina update out, full 2048x1536 support plus 4xMSAA! Will report back on framerate.

Edit: the game looks stunning, one of the best showcase for the new ipad's screen. Some textures aren't that great but overall it's a huge improvement. Framerate is 60fps in most encounters and only drops when you've got some explosions.

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Can only imagine what playing this in a new iPad is like... Lucky buggers! =oP

Also, games on sale for $2.99 if I'm not mistaken

19. kwheaties

kwheaties Member

Jan 7, 2009
    No update yet in US, but can't wait to start the game over. I could never finish it on my iPad 1 due to the constant crashes...

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It's already out in the US -- since about 8:00 AM EST, in fact.