Universal SHADOWGUN: DeadZone - (by MADFINGER) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Fastbridge, Nov 15, 2012.

1. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    The hit detection feels a bit awkward

2. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Yes, it does. Hard to hit people when they're behind cover or turning a corner.

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Anybody else not earning gold for their special offers?

4. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    This game is too easy... 36 kills 9 deaths on my 3rd or so game...with all the upgrades i'm sure I would be invincible. Really fun though. I wasnt expecting much and was surprised at how fun it is.

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Me! :(

6. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    iPhone 4 running iOS 5.x here...

No Gold, played a full match of Zone, laggy but finished (and WON.:cool:). Went to store after, game crashed.

Not bad, but isn't immediately exciting me beyond the initial, "Holy crap this game looks freaking amazing," which it most DEFINITELY does...

DBC

7. Dang, this program is taking its time to install on my new ipad, and I gotta leave in an hour to go out with my friends, might have to join you all tomorrow maybe.

Edit: just when I post, the game finishes loading, ok going in now, my name will be connector something.

8. toxiccheese

toxiccheese Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I like the gameplay and the graphics are really nice, but earning gold in-game seems like a long, long, long grind. And if i do buy enough gold to access the premium content, it still only gives me timed/limited access. This kind of pricing model is a huge let down. I would rather they charge $7.99 for the full experience or something comparable.

9. Playing now, really pretty, but a little framerate slowing on my new ipad. Is the ipad 4 version totally smooth? Pretty fun, I am not really a FPS person, so come kill me, so far 2 kills 3 deaths. My id is Connector777

10. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Don't work on the iPod 4th gen.

11. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    In your opinion. I love it. It'll have a few updates, but in the meantime, two thumbs up, MadFinger. You have given the iOS its (figuratively and literally) killer app.

Of course not. Long live the A6 generation!

12. Well, did better in zone control, killed 3 before getting killed, but ran out of ammo, so I could have killed some more, how do you get ammo?

13. Is there anyway to start a Toucharcade only game?

14. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#74 Sanuku, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    Crashing on iPhone 4S (6.0.1) It`s slowly save to assume that the current Build wasn`t tested enough and with all iDevices with 6.0.1 :(

15. elisha11230

elisha11230 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    iPhone 4 here, lags and crashes constantly.

There is something wrong with the hitmarkers, they dont show up all the time, the hit detection is weird in general.

Cant seem to change the graphic settings, keeps changing back to default. It seems like the game is still in beta, hopefully they come out with a bugfix update soon.

16. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    WHat do you guys think about the premium offer? A lil too expensive? Why do the premium ones get a better connection?

Ask any person who's played the Beta and they'd tell you this is a step backwards. Sad///

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yeah, I can't seem to switch it from high to ultra, even though auto detect changes it to ultra. Strange.

The hit detection is weird too, but I think there's a bullet speed upgrade, s that might be on purpose.

18. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Not liking this to much.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Don't think so

20. Damn, weird, went to options and changed the graphics from high to ultrahigh, the framerates are now rock solid! And the graphics are now really really great!

Anyone with a new ipad and ipad 4, change your default graphics setting to ultrahigh, thought the framerate was going to get worse cause it had some slight framerate problems on high, but in ultrahigh, the framerates have been rock solid. And the game is so beautiful now, must be ipad retina.

Wow...