Universal SHADOWGUN: DeadZone - (by MADFINGER) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Fastbridge, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Sounds a bit like Eliminate. How's it compare to Archetype?

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Wait...wut? I can't change mine, just keeps going to high even though it auto detects ultra.

3. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    It looks like you really need that premium account to be competitive. Btw how do you access that. It's not allowing me to even purchase it??

4. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Definitely agree! It's good quality, but isn't the funnest game ever.

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Does this run on 3rd gens?

6. Wut??? Did you restart the game? Man, it is making a night and day difference for me on my new ipad. The graphics look like Dead Trigger now, totally fantastic ipad retina. And the framerates are now rock solid. Playing on high, the framerates were sometimes a little choppy. Can't believe they don't default to ultrahigh on the new ipad and ipad 4.

Hope it's not an ipad 4 bug or anything, try restarting, let me know if you get it. I was curious to know if the ipad 4 version was different than the new ipad version, but now that the game is so awesome looking and not experiencing framerates, they are probably pretty similar unless they added some special effects or something.

7. Triscuitable, you just killed me!!!

And again,

And again, damn, you are good!!!

8. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    My thoughts exactly. 50% more XP and cash is SIGNIFICANT, and the fact that premium players have better servers doesn't help either. I won't mind the voice-chat and maybe some exclusive maps/outfits/hats for premium players, but with regards to the servers especially this is just sad.

And on the game end screen, it says Non-gold and gold (or something like that)....not nice.

Plus, the subscription is not cheap either.

WIll give this game a little more time to grow on me...otherwise I'm back to playing Heart of the Machine on Nova 3.

PS: iOS Android cp mp is cool.

9. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Lol, has crashed 3 times in a row after changing the graphics to High.

10. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Also, another thing, for those who feel someone is really good in the game like they're almost cheating (on Android), its actually probably because they're using a gamepad. It is natively supported on Android (not sure about iOS). I tried and the difference w and w/o gamepad is nights and days apart.

11. Idris

Idris Member

Oct 7, 2012
    Crashes way too much :p

12. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    It might need an update or two to sort some things out, but overall i am very impressed.

The thing with graphics settings resetting is affecting both iOS and Android users by the looks of the reviews people are leaving on Google Play and here.
    If they manage to bring more game mods over time it will be fun, for now this is enough for me to enjoy it.

13. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Premium players don't get a better connection; they get priority matchmaking. Basically, if you're in queue to join a match, the person who pays for Premium gets the #1 slot.

I think it's a stellar deal. The game's not a grind, but I like to support the awesome games MadFinger is pumping out; Shadowgun: Deadzone being among them.

14. #94 Connector, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    I have to say, for a free game and all, this is one hell of a game. Has the same graphics as Dead Trigger in terms of quality if you set the ultra setting to ultra high. The framerates for the most part are very smooth on my new ipad.

It is great too that I can alternately post here, then go play Shadowgun for a couple of minutes, and then comeback here and post about it. Totally rad.

For quick gratification, this is a lot of fun. Great graphics on ultrahigh mode, and the controls are great, haven't even needed to move them at all which is rare on a FPS for me.

Hate to say it since I am president of the Trigger Fist Defense Squad too, but I like Shadowgun better. Especially the ipad retina graphics, they really make you wet your pants when you see it in full ipad retina glory.

Can't say it's the deepest game in the world, but for a quick thrill and to see some other valiant Toucharcade warriors out this is hella cool. Well, suffice to say, I think I will run for President of the Shadowgun Deadzone Defense Squad, cause this game is good, and while it may be a tech demo and all, it kicks some ass.

15. You just killed me 3 times, did you notice? Man, I suck. How do you play as the girl? You were a girl right?

16. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Ok, you called it first ;)

17. darkkronos

darkkronos Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Works fine on my iPhone 4 with iOS 6.0.1. Frame rates are a bit choppy here and there but overall quite fun.

I shot Sanuku! Haha!

18. Kozio235

Kozio235 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    I can't even get past the load screen!!!!

19. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Do you have an iPod Touch 4? It's not supported. The bare minimum is the iPhone 4.

20. Works great on my new ipad, ios 6.0.1 with graphics settings on ultrahigh for ipad retina graphics. No crashes, no real framerate problems. Also, getting into games, and spawning, not a single problem with wait times or anything. Pretty cool!