Shadowgun Deadzone - Online Multiplayer Unity Shooter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lumothesinner, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
  2. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
  3. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    I love Unity! Awesomeness at its most awesomeness. :D

4. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    I really like mad fingers games. Well, I like samurai 1 and 2. I bought shadowgun as well. Never played much of it. It seemed pretty cool considering the difficulty of making a workable control scheme in this kind of game on touch screens. Given the quality of mad fingers work though I'll hold out hope that they'll work the IAPs into the MP in a tactful way that won't affect the game balance too much.

5. Salokcin777

Salokcin777 Active Member

May 20, 2012
    Although I'm glad they're makin it free, they should have a deluxe version that allows you to earn in game currency rather than only have to
    Buy it.

6. Salokcin777

Salokcin777 Active Member

May 20, 2012
    Also, as much as I like that this will be free and won't mean I have to redo enlists the original, you should somewhat reimburse the people who have downloaded the original through IAP credits or something. Only a suggestion, based from reading the reactions of others on here. I don't really care either way, myself..

7. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Madfinger posted image of Deadzone on their FB page, this thing might come very soon (it's about time)

8. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Font know if this link has been posted but here you go. Didnot see anyone post it.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/Shadowgun%3A+Deadzone/news.asp?c=45304

9. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    This game is in a limited closed beta and only Tegra 3 devices in the Czech Republic can take part in it, on 17. of October open beta will begin.

"This will be available for pretty much everyone as long as you have a Tegra 3 devices since this will be a Tegra 3 optimized game, at least initially."

No iOS news :/

http://www.droidgamers.com/index.php/game-news/android-game-news/4728

Playable characters so far:

S.A.R.A
    (Sentient Android Registered Assistant)

The first model containing Althar Inc.'s fifth-generation "Genesis chip".
    She was decommissioned from Federation status in 2335 and entered the private sector. John Slade purchased her services soon theteafter.

SHERIFF MOREGUN
    "I never get old for this stuff!"

Sheriff Moregun, the oldest sheriff on duty in the entire galaxy.During service, he has been wounded so many times, that every part of his body has been surgically replaced (well, all except two..). As long as he is around, there is always the question: "Are you feelig lucky, Punk?"

TOLTECH CORPS
    "Time to die. scum!"

Reinforced Advanced Tactical Scientist:
    This special division of Toltech Corporation is used everywhere is a need for both combat and scientist support. Highly trained in bio-research and squad-based tactics.

JESSICA "WIDOW" METZGER
    "What did you just say about my eye patch?"

Widow is an elite hitman - nimble, precise, deadly.
    We do not know exactly where does her nickname come from. There's no man far and wide in the galaxy who could yoke her by marriage. The only passion of herself is an incandescent barrel of her hefty machine gun.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Pretty soon we should see an announcement for Shadowgun 2. I know that MF mentioned it was part of a series so...

11. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    I'm sure their will be news soon. The iOS virsion in sure could handle the tegra virsion, effects in all

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Don't get me started on how underpowered the tegra 3 is...

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Well, don't want to turn this into an android vs iOS flame war. Lets just say the gpu performance is pretty pathetic and even its flagship devices cannot smoothly run what high end iOS devices breeze through.

14. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Madfinger hates us iOS users. No surprise there.

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I think TA hates MF. LOL

16. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    They said that they couldn't make the open beta for iOS because Apple doesn't allow a lot of beta testers per game, and that the game will be available for Android first and then for iOS. They also said that the Tegra 3 version is going to have more cool things than iOS version...
    But anyway, after Dead Trigger I don't know if I will want to play this game. That 0,99 -> Freemium killed me even if the game wasn't that great.

17. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    That's totally not true.
    Apple simply doesn't allow open beta under any circumstances.
    You can closed beta test, but even that isn't easy. And the numbers are very limited which wont give a realistic test of a multiplayer game.
    That's why you see games released in Canada only sometimes. That is as close to an open beta as a developer can get but even that causes complications. It has to be essentially final build and too many other factors to get into here.

Anyway, with this, us iOS users are just experiencing what Android users experience all the time so its no biggie in the big picture.

18. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    I bet it comes out in late December with all the features tegra has

19. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    That sounds about right.

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    To be perfectly clear, Madfinger has been supporting the iOS platform since almost the beginning of the App Store. Samurai I was one of the first major action games to come to the iPhone, and games like Shadowgun have received many updates on iOS before they came to Android. Dead Trigger launched on Tegra 3 and iOS at the same time and with the same visual effects.

NVidea has given Madfinger a lot of technical support, which I'm sure they appreciate. But Apple has kept Madfinger games on their features lists for many, many months, which I would guess has helped their sales on the iOS platform.

So, no, Madfinger doesn't hate iOS users.