SHADOWKEEPER: Eye of the Beholder inspired Dungeon Crawler

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kukulcan, Mar 14, 2012.

1. kukulcan

kukulcan Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Engine got a makeover making it more of a complete game engine than a 3D engine.

We are preparing a trailer for Kickstarter (a pretty modest project) but waiting for it to come to the UK.

So we need to ask for a little more patience, this is not going away, but we need to assure the content will meet the standards the engine sets.

2. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Sounds good to me!! Thanks for the update!! :-D

3. kukulcan

Jan 4, 2009
    Version 0.1 of our particle fog. Just a pretty extreme version like it will rather be seen in the forest. Particle fog because this has the potential to swirl around monsters feet etc.

Not sure how much we will be able to implement, but this will see a lot use to create different atmospheres.

image.jpg

4. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    WOW!! Is that really and in game shot?!?

5. kukulcan

Jan 4, 2009
    Would not dare to post a bullshot with that aliasing ;)

Shot was taken and posted from iPhone - looks better in motion

6. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    WOW.
    Swirling around feet too?
    AWESOME!!!

7. kukulcan

Jan 4, 2009
    #107 kukulcan, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
    Short video of it in motion:

Still rough around the egdes, but clean is not what we are shooting for.

8. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Holy crap!! That is freakin' amazing!! Thanks for posting up a video!!

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    WOW.
    It's fantastic!!!

10. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    I have been pretty sure this was dead already, but this looks really promising.

11. sub

sub New Member

Jun 18, 2012
    looking great!

are you still planning on doing the kick-starter thing? I think it launches in the UK pretty soon...

12. kukulcan

Jan 4, 2009
    Yeah, we plan to be on Kickstarter the whole december. Trailer is in production, but kickstarter pitch is a lot of work, so we hope we make it.

and yes, Kickstarter UK starts 10/31 and you can already register a UK account right now.

13. kukulcan

Jan 4, 2009
    We'll be asking £6000, which mostly goes into about a dozen original creatures and especially to a professional animator, which is the only area we can't cover on our own.

(unlimited) £1 - Our thanks and your name on "From the Shadowkeepers Lair" website.
    (unlimited) £3 - Our thanks and your name on the "The folks who made this game possible" scroll in the game.
    (unlimited) £5 - A gift code for the game + name higher on the scroll (first come first serve)
    (100 slots) £10 - Your name on a gravestone + gift code
    (50 slots) £20 - Genuine medieval lucky penny + gift code
    (30 slots) £30 - Your names carved into a tree in a heart, 2 gift codes, 2 genuine medieval lucky pennies
    (30 slots) £50 - Lifetime subscription for all our future games and addons + your name on a tomb + genuine medieval lucky penny attached to nice iPhone leather pouch
    (20 slots) £100 - Be there from alpha version early next year + credited on "Special thanks" or "Game tester", genuine medieval lucky penny attached to nice iPhone leather pouch + Signed artbook (all up from this)
    (20 slot) £150 - Be there early in development. Get your build when campaign ends, use the level editor, your feedback and ideas will make it into the game. Credited as game designer.
    (10 slots) £250 - Programmers special. Chat with Andreas for an evening and get pro tips on low level PowerVR programming + Progammers "decision maker coin" (Irish silver half crown, horse = work, harp = play).
    (10 slots) £300 - Your noble city house in the game. Take shelter from the undead where all others just face locked doors. Sit in front of your fireplace, heal your wounds and have a look at your family portraits. Your name as Lord or Lady on the door and all official documents so you can call yourself Lord or Lady in real life too.
    (5 slots) £500 - Your mansion in the game only you can enter. Take shelter from the monsters of the dark woods, walk a hall with your family portraits. Your names as Lord and Lady on the gate and all official documents so you can call yourself Lord & Lady in real life too.
    (5 slots) £1000 - A monster design based on your idea, you get the original concept art drawing. Credited under "monster design" and in game where it fits.
    (3 slots) £3000 - Your name in the credits as an executive producer. Your new iPad protected by finest leather arrives with early dev access for this and all our future games.

Stretch goals will include more localizations (besides english, german, spanisch and swedish), fully spoken dialogues, extra dungeons/bosses, multiplayer and maybe PC/Mac/Linux versions.

14. PrayForDeath

PrayForDeath Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    This looks interesting. Will definitely consider backing you guys if you do a kickstarter

15. LazyGamer

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    Might baffle my wife with this :)

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    This is one project I'd contribute to Kickstarter for, bring it on.

17. kukulcan

Jan 4, 2009
    Guys, that's great, so I'll reserve two £3000 slots for you and one £30 (isn't your wife worth the mansion?) - that will suffice for the initial goal :D

18. LazyGamer

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    Too bad, I just bought her a castle in scotland, now I am broke

19. jammer8

jammer8 Member

Feb 27, 2010
    I'd like to contribute also. Since I'm in the US, would I have access to the UK kick starter site?

20. kukulcan

Jan 4, 2009
    Thanks! It is a kickstarter.com project like any other just that it is started from a UK account and everything is pound based (think they will just show the $ equivalent in the US).