Shadowrun Returns (iPad) $9.99 > $6.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by PeteOzzy, Nov 25, 2013.

1. crazycan98

crazycan98 Active Member

Jun 28, 2011
    The App Store reviews scare me. I do have an iPad 2. However the 2 "current version" reviews are about crashes. Most of the "all version" reviews are about the same thing.
    Most things are "great game. When it works"
    Undecided I'd like to support the high quality games on App Store but may wait for Christmas.
    I'll turn to YouTube reviews.

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Same here. Been waiting a long time for Deus Ex to be updated. If ever. I'd like the space but don't want to lose my saved game.

3. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Down to $4.99 now

4. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Any more word on iPad 2 performance?

5. mysw1

mysw1 Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Any word on when the expansion pack might be added? This game is great.

6. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Thanks, I bought it.

Also got Xcom and Lego Star Wars complete recently so not likely to play this anytime soon however I am a sucker for all things cyberpunk.

7. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    apparently there should be an update next week (dont know if its the expansion or not)
    EDIT - my mistake, there was an update yesterday

- so does it run on an ipad 2 ??

8. kowwok

kowwok Member

May 3, 2012
    Wondering the same thing actually, I'll be purchasing this today if it runs okay on the iPad 2.

9. Topherunhinged

Feb 7, 2014
    Same here.

10. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    I'm vaguely interested but I don't know much about the game nor do I have time to research it at the moment.

Can anyone who's played it make some quick comparisons? I've played almost every RPG known to man on PC and console, and quite a few on mobile platforms, so I'll catch any reference.

11. riChchestMat

riChchestMat Well-Known Member

HumbleStore has this for Mac and PC at £2.99 right now. Anyone played both that can chime in on which format is better to play?

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Easy way to put it, is that it has a lot more in common with the first 2 original Fallout titles.

13. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Sold!

14. mysw1

mysw1 Member

Oct 11, 2013
    A lot of player created content to play, which is great because it's not a very long game to begin with. If you can, go PC/Mac.

15. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Oh good I hate long games.

16. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I have both, and though I prefer the PC version over this for several reasons, I'd still say this is worth having on your iPad! Perhaps I'm biased though since I am an old Shadowrun player and fan (tabletop, every edition). The PC version has the community created stuff which some are really good, and the fact that the official DLC is out and dare I say, better than the base game in regards to story and content! But this is still a great game to play when out and about with your iPad, or when you just don't want to sit at your computer!

17. Topherunhinged

Feb 7, 2014
    I guess I'll assume that this still has issues on the iPad 2; oh well! I guess I can always get around to it on PC.

18. kowwok

kowwok Member

May 3, 2012
    Sad, I was hoping somebody would post here with an answer for us. Oh well.

19. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Sorry friend, I have an iPad 3 so no clue about iPad 2 issues though they did just patch the game with a whole bunch of fixes a day or two ago...

20. Topherunhinged

Feb 7, 2014
    I, and I believe that we, we're looking to see if that paticular patch addressed the iPad2 issues. Of course, the save anywhere update likely goes a long way toward lessening the frustration of a crash but this game seems to be such a sloppy job, with continues issues since launch, that I'd *almost* rather not support it.