iPhone Shadowrun Returns (Tactical RPG)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Hambo12, Oct 17, 2012.

1. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    This is sad news but I guess I just have to wait a few weeks. I'm sure there will be plenty on gameplay videos to keep me busy in the mean time.

From the sounds of things, it sounds like they want to focus on the pc launch and make sure that goes well before they turn their attention to the tablet versions launch and support.

2. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Wth??Indefinite release date worry me......

3. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
  4. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Hhhmm I wonder which one's are going to be delayed...This sucks!!

5. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Oh well, onto Steam I go.

6. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    This news has ruined my day. Was so looking forward to this. Guess I'll have to scratch my itch some other way. Tactical Soldier or Aliens vs Humans?

7. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    It's probably the worst news for the month!!I suddenly remember baldurs gate was delayed around the same time last year....I just hope it doesn't fall the same track..

8. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #108 Bool Zero, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
    Pretty bad for me too, as this was one of the two games I wanted this week and now both of the games I wanted this week have been delayed (rymdsomethingorother)... Preordered for the PC version but my problem is finding the time to sit at my computer to play it vice the ease of access of playing it anytime anywhere on my iPad (my iPad is with me everywhere I go, its case is my wallet)...

In short, the wait for this game already sucked, then the extra month delayed sucked, now this "unknown" date sucks even more!

Edit: fixed my crappy spelling errors!

9. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    ^This

10. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Holy shit, how did I miss this was coming out on iPad! It looks epic!

I'm actually quite glad I've only just stumbled on it with the date slipping! Gives me time to finish off another couple of games and get appropriately excited for it! :D

11. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
  12. stutz

stutz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    #112 stutz, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
    Here is a video of review from Australia (technically July 25th there so the review embargo has been lifted). It's more of a play through with impressions but it totally shows what the game is like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=whueDNtKxkY

Looks awesome! Love the character customization. I've only watched about 5 minutes of 45 but holy crap it looks good. Now I am even more excited despite the ass news of the tablet delay.

Edit:Love the artwork. Combat, dialogue all look really nice and smooth. Looks like a good implementation of Shadowrun pen and paper RPG to CRPG - lots of depth to the system. In creating a character you can pick a "etiquette" for your character which will affect the way NPCs interact with you - nice touch.

*SPOILER*
    The story of the first mission is really good. You're hunting a Jack the Ripper type character.
    Jack Armitage, main character from snes version, is in the game and is a NPC that joins in you in at least an early mission. Hardcore fans of Shadowrun are going to love this game.
    *END SPOILER*

I can totally see people complaining about lack of video cut scenes and voice overs. I like the simplicity which will lend itself well to fan made content which I think will be the reason to get this game so doesn't bother me.

13. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Hmmmmmm looks stunning.

One thing thats bothering me, is on there twitter feed they say the berlin scenario is only with the duluxe edition, but on steam it does not mention it.
    Just says soundtrack and artwork.
    Anyone know anything?

Scenarios i' ll pay for, soundtracks and artwork ....meh

14. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Thanks for sharing stutz, these videos will have to keep me busy for a few weeks.

15. Yeater42

Yeater42 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    #115 Yeater42, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
    Their twitter said that it was submitted to apple and should be coming tomorrow so you may not have to wait very long.

16. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    On twitter they commented, today, it will be a few weeks.

17. Yeater42

Yeater42 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Noo!!! Haha well sorry then:(

18. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Read steam again... The Berlin content will be free for backers and paid DLC for everyone else...

19. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
  20. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    It's now available on steam go download folks