Universal Shadowverse (by Cygames, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PROAPK, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Eh, I actually appreciate the art-side of things. Down to the moving mouths and blinking eyes. Then again, I just love adorable detail like that.

However, that's not why I wanted to try the game out. Yes, this game does borrow elements from HS, at its core. However, the evolution situation and certain things I've encountered thus far does make for an interesting flavour. This is definitely not merely a carbon copy of HS. Though, as it stands, I still love HS too much.

Will continue on with this one and see how it goes :3 great initial impressions so far.

2. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    It is crazy talk, but obviously any fan of Hearthstone should check this out since the mechanics are so similar, just under different names. The deck being expanded to forty cards on top of having to learn the hundreds of new cards is fairly daunting(thanks auto-deck! Though, it looks like you literally randomize rather than optimize...), but I'm enjoying it quite a bit as an ex-Hearthstone player. Like a lot of people here, I'm not a fan of the anime aesthetic either, but the core mechanics are tried and proven. You can't go wrong with trying it out.

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Just my preference but I prefer this art style to Hearthstone and that's actually what made me notice it so I'm giving it a try because of that. I don't really like Hearthstone's art that much. Probably because I myself draw more Japanese aesthetic art than the more Western styles Hearthstone takes after.

But it actually makes sense, since Japan uses art styles that appeal to their own audience and Hearthstone does the same.

4. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    I'm not being down on anime aesthetic as a whole(Perfect Blue is one of the best anythings of all time, and ditto for the manga BLAME!), but it gives this game a particularly generic feel, as opposed to the art of Hearthstone. It's high quality art regardless.

5. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Aurelia (5 cost, 4/8) is great, especially against swarm decks, she has ward, which is always useful, but the +1 /+0 for every enemy follower and then resistance if more than 3 enemies just takes the biscuit!
    Am I right in thinking you need to own the actual cards before creating more of the same?

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yes you are correct.

Though it seems that decks with 3 of the same legendaries are pretty powerful just because you can dupe them (for a very high cost of course).

Also the animated cards are pretty amazing but you can't dupe them. So in some cases it's better to not have an animated version so you can create duplicates (unless I'm totally missing some secret here).

7. FuriousThumbs

FuriousThumbs Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    What's the maximum of a single card you can have in a deck? Can you have more than 1 of the same legendary in your deck?

Also, any websites out there that share decks?

8. Pagan Fox

Jul 20, 2012
    3 legendary copies of the same card might take some time......the creation cost for Aurelia is 3500 vials!
    Still, it's something to aim for.
    Interesting about the animated cards (Foils). I'd rather take the original first as well, or be given an option for either.

9. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    There are 40 cards in any deck. No more, no less. The game itself has a deck creation site whe you can share your decks and get a code.

If you use someone's code, it will make a deck with all the cards you currently have available and then u have to put in the rest yourself if you are missing some.

10. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Awesome, thanks for the info. Weird, I could have sworn Aurelia was a 6 drop, and I was having trouble deciding what to cut from my deck to fit her in because of that. But apparently she's a 5 drop, and I know exactly what card to take out now.

11. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    So where do you get the free packs from? I've completed the tutorial I think, and the forestceaft story line and I have 11 card pack tokens... I'm assuming this is it and I'm not missing something? I only ask because I missed a few packs from hearthstone for a while because of not completing tutorials etc.

12. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Some people probably got extra packs from the one million and two million downloads promotions. That and they give out packs as compensation for unexpected maintenance times. In short, yes that's probably all the free packs you'll get.

13. Pagan Fox

Jul 20, 2012
    Don't forget to complete all the other storylines with the different leaders....you can get rupies, get 100 and you can buy another pack. Also completing missions grants you prizes and packs so check them regularly.

14. grenadedodger

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Thanks, that what I thought. Serves me right for being greedy too, opened the first lot of 10, no legendaries but about 7 golds.... rerolled, no legendaries but only 3 gold. Ho hum.

15. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Also, if you decide to buy crystals, you should be patient and only buy one card pack a day. The first pack you buy each day only costs 50 crystals instead of the usual 100. I decided to get the one time special deal, where you get 600 crystals for the price of 300. So I basically get 12 packs for the price of 3.

16. Sieye

Sieye Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    East Coast
    So rolled my card packs. 1 legendary and 8 gold. Think I should keep or reroll?

17. grenadedodger

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    I just got 1 legendary and 6 gold, wondering the same, I can't really be bothered to go through the whole delete and reinstall thing again though! What Legendary did you get? I got Soul Dealer...

18. Sieye

Sieye Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    East Coast
    Got Plato. Seems like a decent card so rethinking if I should reroll or not

19. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I was so excited to play this then store said "this app is not available in your region". Don't understand why developers release their games only in selected countries (not talking about soft launch) even they don't have a plan for translating it to every single language.

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I would say just start the game if you have one legendary. I'm a reroll master myself (I've rerolled for MANY gacha games) and you're going to lose your enjoyment the more you do it. Otherwise you'll be stuck with the mentality of "I should keep rerolling" even though you may never get what you want - and all that time wasted.

And the top tier players are going to have spent money anyways so don't hold yourself to a super high standard to think that you must have as much as a super good player has because rerolling won't help you get there. In short, start the game and have fun.

FYI- a pile of gold cards could even be better than one legendary, think about that!

I actually was rerolling for this game trying to get my favorite ladies then got tired and gave up playing entirely. See.. don't be me.Yeah I'm not even playing anymore.