Universal Shadowverse (by Cygames, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PROAPK, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Piscinarii

Piscinarii Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I agree. I dumped a roll of 2 legendaries and like 8 golds cause I wanted to get lucky like some folks who are getting 4/5 legendaries. So yeah, 12 rolls later then most I have gotten is 1 legendary, haha.

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I pulled a Satan and a Shiny Satan from the same pack.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

3. junkyardheart

junkyardheart Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    I have Plato too and have found it quite good when played at an opportune moment. It destroys a strong enemy Follower card and leaves you with a very strong ally Follower on the board!

4. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Floral Fencer is really overpowered. Man, my win rate is probably going to plummet if they nerf it :p

5. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Same here.. Being a reroll master is hard work, and it can suck some of the joy out of the game. Sometimes I have to take a few days off from a game after a hardcore rerolling marathon..

But in regard to this game. This is my reroll status below for anyone who is asking its its worth it or not..

My (3rd) re-roll card drop rate was : 59 Bronze cards, 39 silver cards, 8 Gold cards, and 3 Legendary cards..

The Legendary card drops were Lucifer, Beast Dominator, and Fairy Princess...

So, that time, it was worth it.. Some times not so much.. ;)

6. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Well Swordcraft decks seem to make up nearly 2/3rds of the ones I'm facing in multiplayer, closely followed by some dragoncraft and a smattering of everything else.
    I must say Swordcraft provides the easiest option to advance, good low cost cards providing an early platform to build and control the field.
    I think once I get hold of more cards for the other decks then it will be easier to assemble a more powerful team option, in particular I'm very drawn to havencraft and runecraft decks.
    Have splashed out for the cheap crystal bundle offer (£4.49) mainly to show support to the Devs and to capitalise on the daily half price packs.

7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    What is this about Daily Half Price Packs? If I were to pickup $5.99 crystal bundle, am I getting the the once a day half-price pack for life or just the next 24 hours?

8. Pagan Fox

Jul 20, 2012
    The half price pack is always there, once a day, one pack only.
    If you buy the crystals pack then it's up to you how much you keep or spend.....I got greedy and used all my crystals....so now I got nothing for tomorrow's half price pack. Grrr!

9. Sieye

Sieye Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    East Coast
    Having fun overall. Hoping more of the storyline is released. Flying through them.

10. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    This whole "we can't reconnect you to your opponent because you crashed" thing is a real pain in the neck. I was one turn from winning, then I crashed, losing the game and my nine-win streak :(

11. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    So far I like this game. Quite a bit. Have sold off all my shit to make a decent ramp dragoncraft deck. People get kind of mad when you play Phoenix Roost turn 3-4 and Satan on turn 5 :/ hahahahahahahaha

12. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Ooohh, ouch. I've seen the deck you get when you play Satan. Pretty gross (in a good, overpowered way ;) )

13. Pagan Fox

Jul 20, 2012
    Yes I am tempted to do the same.....but I remember doing something similar in Hearthstone, just focusing on a couple of decks, worked in the short term but I then began to miss those decks I'd trashed later on as the game matured.
    What to do.......

14. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I did the same thing in HS when it first came out. Once I got one-two competent decks, I just banked all the other things for other classes until I was able to make stuff coherently for them.

This game will be no different. Very satisfied with current dragon ramp and will be focusing next on a Forestcraft one I have ideas for once I'm able to liquify and afford a couple cards for the idea I have (or pull them in packs!).

I have spent money in HS, though. At the state of HS NOW, I have every legendary I want/need for all classes and neutral, have all cards I need for pretty much everything and at this point just waiting around for Goldies. Hahaha

I can see myself dumping some income on this game too. Especially for the daily pack situation. Good deal. Enjoying this a lot. Still doesn't beat HS for me, but yeah.

15. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #75 Booch138, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    Okay, here's the desk list for my Ramp Satan Dragoncraft nonsense:

24 x Followers:
    1 x (1) Ivory Dragon
    2 x (2) Fire Lizard
    3 x (3) Aiela, Dragon Knight
    3 x (3) Sky Dragon Ethica
    1 x (4) Death Dragon
    2 x (4) Glint Dragon
    1 x (5) Angelic Sword Maiden
    2 x (5) Phoenix Roost
    2 x (6) Dragonguard
    2 x (6) Dragonrider Devil
    1 x (6) Wyvern Cavilier
    2 x (7) Dread Dragon
    2 x (7) Shenlong
    2 x (10) Satan

14 x Spells/Abilities:
    2 x (1) Blazing Breath
    1 x (2) Dragon Wings
    3 x (2) Dragon Oracle
    3 x (2) Wild Hunt
    2 x (4) Serpent Wrath
    2 x (4) Serpent Force
    1 x (7) Conflagration

2 x Amulets:
    2 x (5) Dragon Roost

Still in the process of tweaking things here and there, and there are a couple cards I want but will have to wait for to craft. There's also the fact that I don't know /every/ card yet so if you have suggestions, lemme hear it (Absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on a Zirnitra...)

Basically, you mulligan HARD for Dragon Oracles, Aiela and Sky Dragon. The objective is to get to Satan as fast as possible, and play him even quicker. This deck features many ways of giving you that ramp (speed up of orb resources) in the form of the cards above not only to play larger things out quicker, but to get that Overflow activated. The sooner that's out of the way, the better, as even early game cards like Ivory Dragon and Dragon Oracle become cards to cycle through to pull Satan that much quicker. Save your Evolves for Sky Dragon Ethica as she gets you an Orb for evolving, and can help tackle down some board presence your opponent may have started to establish. The objective in the first few turns is to just try and stall things out, putting things on the board that aren't extremely scary, but annoying enough to spend resources in getting rid of. Even if a Havencraft banishes your Last Words follower Aiela, which gives you an orb on death, they still spent a turn and resource getting rid of it. Win-win in my book still.

One thing to explain and is integral in this deck is Dragon Roost: you look at the card and think, hey, why the heck would I want my opponent playing cards at half cost too?

You don't, and if you're up against a really late-game heavy follower control deck, it could make things a little more difficult for you, but have no fear! that's why this deck also runs followers like Fire Lizard and Dragon Wings. As soon as they have damaged followers of any size or stature, they become instant death fodder for Wild Hunt. Against really annoying rush decks, a 4 cost Conflagration helps dull some of the luster if you become overwhelmed. Cards like Fire Lizard, Glint Dragon and Blazing Breath and Serpent Wrath can be used to help stem more aggressive decks or be saved in combo with Wild Hunt. Just adjust strat to whatever you're up against.

However, the point of Phoenix Roost for this deck is to merely get Satan out faster. Because when he drops, no matter what you're opponent is running, they will need to finish you off FAST, as the cards you draw are insane (like 5 cost 13/13's, a spell that deals 7 damage to whatever and HEALS you for 7, and one that takes your opponents health down to 1, an 8/8 with storm, etc) and suddenly all your late game threats become mid-game nightmares. With Overflow Active, Dragonguard becomes an annoying Taunt, Shenlong can help you quickly recycle out useless early-game-cards-that-showed-up-late-to-the-party to help you draw into Satan that much more quickly, all while putting substantial bodies on the board for your opponent to have to deal with until then. If they can't stop all of that from happening, Serpent Force or a banked Evolve will usually give you that much more damage for lethal on your opponent. If they do manage to quell it, they still have to deal with all the Satan cards that follow once he's out. It gets nasty quick.

So basically against most match ups your initial turns will often be extremely passive, with you working as fast as you can to get those orbs up, pull Satan, and get him out asap. Just be careful with Phoenix Roost. You want it to be more of an advantage to you, than your opponent.

16. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    #76 HotHamBoy, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    Is this game always so generous with new cards?

I just started and got 11 pack tickets. I figured, "Oh, there's probably like 3 cards in a pack." Was legit shook to see each pack contains 8 cards. I've gotten a lot of Golds, too, but I don't know what the highest rarity is.

Card art is kind of all over the place. Some is pretty good, like Orcus. But then you get stuff like Midnight Vampire, generic anime style and classic impossible anatomy for a boobs n butts pose. I do wish you could see a zoom in of the card art when actually playing a game.

But yeah, this is Hearthstone with Evolve in place of weapons. I'm ok with that.

...Probably still just play Solforge, though.

EDIT: Ah, just pulled a Cerberus. That must be the highest rarity. 1 in 10, that's in line with Solforge.

17. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah there's bronze, silver, gold, and... Legendary? I guess legendary is a colour of rare metal. ###

18. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I agree with the art though. While I do love anime, some of the card arts are a little ridiculous. Hearthstone, Shadow Era and Solforge still have the best artwork for me. Magic too... But I actually don't play that digitally.

19. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    I'd argue Magic has had the best card art for a good 10-15 years now. Undefeated.

20. brianfletcher128

Jul 1, 2016
    Wow... amazing <3 I always like a new good card game with new power