Universal Shadowverse (by Cygames, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PROAPK, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Again, I actually refuse to get into the Magic digital CCG, so I ruled that one out in terms of card Art. Several of them are great though. Though, I myself would argue that some of the art pre-8th edition shit looks like goofy garbage out of a Jehova Witness manual. But still great.

2. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Getting tired of playing Swordcraft all the time, so I'm deciding to make a new deck. However I can't decide between Dragoncraft or Shadowcraft. Suggestions?

3. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Look at Booch138's Dragoncraft deck on previous page.....you don't want to face that!

4. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Oh yeah, good point. Unfortunately, I currently do not have Satan. But Dragoncraft IS the strongest/most popular class as of right now, according to the JP Shadowverse wiki.

5. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Satan can definitely be subbed for high cost late game fatties. The deck overall is a budget deck, I mean there's not a whole lot of rareness to it that can't be replaced by cheaper alternatives (except Phoenix Roost).

I also hopped over to the Reddit Shadowverse thread and there's a lot of good communication about effective strategies, budget or otherwise. There's even a lot of people complaining about the use of Phoenix Roost and how you should NEVER play it because "it only f*cks you over" but I don't let them sway me. I've already pointed out that it does have weakness, as with all decks, but you know what? What I've been facing is a ton more rush decks and sword craft mid-games stuff and the ramp effect just allows me to put /that much/ more out than my opponent.

Just my thoughts, there's lots of ideas to be had and I plan on heading to the lab this weekend to make up some decks. If you guys are interested, I can post some more ideas aimed primarily at budget/not owning EVERY card. But I did drop $80 this morning on the game and got some new stuff, soooooooo ;)

6. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I would be interested to know about some budget decks. Also, is there any current use for the friends list because I don't have any and don't see why it's there.

7. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    "I don't have any friends! F*ck friends!"

Hahahahaha nah there's no real monetary benefit to having friends except cuddles.

Friendly battles and stuff too.

Been tinkering with dragoncraft Storm-heavy decks and man they're ridiculous. But then again, that seems to be what's dominating the Japanese Meta.

I will post my Forest and Swordcraft budget decks after a little more playtesting and get a little more extra time to dedicate it. At least I don't have to worry about my card collection being scattered everywhere with two kids running around the house XD

8. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I'm tempted to make a Forestcraft Path to Purgatory deck. I played against one the other day and man it wasn't fun.

9. kiddragon

kiddragon Member

May 16, 2013
    love it

love it that the card art is from rage of bahamut. i really missed it. card art are all over the place because it's from like 6-7 years accumulation of art from rage of bahamut. they went through several artists. i even feel more connected to these cards than hearthstone or any other games because i play rage for so long. i rerolled a couple of times (5) until i got the cards i wanted. got lucky and settled with 5 legendaries. cerberus, jeanne d'arc, lucifer, 2x soul dealer.

10. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I liked dragoncraft so rerolled a few times and got Forte, then opened zimitra. Also got a Merlin recently.

11. bobbstermang

bobbstermang Active Member

Dec 11, 2012
    #91 bobbstermang, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016

12. andreadeda

andreadeda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Not available in Italian store unfortunately;any plan this will be implemented? How do i see a list of the stores where a game is available?

13. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Been enjoying the game, I like the anime style ark more than the HS watercolour style.

As for legendaries managed to get 3 Moon al M'raj and can put them in my deck so I would surmise 4 is the limit?

14. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    3 is the limit for all types of cards, including legendaries, as you have already found out.

15. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Is there a way to add friends ingame, and is there no way to chat with opponents? Still loving it bought more crystals and packs.

16. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Is This any good?

I would be Downloading if i had enough Space...

17. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #97 Montanx, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    Just wanted to get this out there for anyone who isn't aware. This is the best CCG on the market, including Hearthstone. No lie, this game has a better arena mode where you play 5 games after drafting, not 12 or whatever. Better diversity among classes, more viable decks and classes, better gameplay including very few RNG effects like HS. A great F2P business model with generous freebies. Art style is up to you if you like it or not.

But overall gameplay wise, deckbuilding wise, arena, meta, strategy, this game is the best CCG on the mobile market. Has active subreddit and discord and it's fairly new so community growing. It's already huge in Japan and server is shared so the upcoming expansion drops for all at same time. I advise anyone interested in card games or looking for an alternative to HS to check it out.

18. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Thanks For your Review. I'll download asap.

I suggest you to try Mabinogi Duel.

19. skullcruncher

skullcruncher Member

May 7, 2014
    This game is amazing. Surprised to see that it hasn't seen coverage from touch arcade. It's like HS but with less RNG which means that skill here is rewarded way more than it is in HS. This game is great and I play it alongside HS. Also Cygames (the developer) are extremely generous and constantly give out freebies such as free packs and legendarys.

As mentioned before this game has an active Reddit and many resources for deck building. I would totally recommend Shadowverse. It's just as good if not better than HS.

20. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So I assume others are seing the odd warning on startup, "SDK out of date"?