Universal Shardlands (by Breach Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by seventh, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I've only had a chance to play through a couple of levels so far, but Shardlands is gorgeous. The visuals, music, and atmosphere work together perfectly and the gameplay is flawless. Highly recommended! (the rather bland icon could use some work though - it doesn't reflect the quality of the game at all)

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Definitely agree. I don't know if something simple like adding a border to the icon can make a difference, but yeah...the current icon just seems to be missing that...je ne c'est qoui, that's just oozing everywhere with the game's vibrant visuals.

3. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

#43 sugimulm, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    Man, seal of approval from Psience and Casket... Gots to buy now, no wonder I am going bankrupt, lol :D thanks guys will buy!

EDIT: bought!

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Haha, hope you enjoy it as much as we do. :)

I'm honestly starting to hate seeing familiar faces that I know and trust praise games these days...it's just so hard to say "no" in those situations. :p

5. sugimulm

Yup, I fully agree, but their reviews, input, and words are warranted. :D

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep i'm loving this game. Now this is just one example where people have to buy this, none of this 'wait for a price drop' or 'free'. If we dont want crappy freemium games all the time then purchase quality titles like this and support these devs.

The game looks great, plays well and i'm very happy it came out a day before the usual wednesday releases !

7. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I keep telling myself that I won't buy any more games until I've made some sort of dent in the huge backlog of games I've yet to finish. But I've been looking forward to this one since it was first announced, and judging by comments it has not disappointed. Damn it. Ok, this will be my last download... For at least 12 hours. :p

Also:

MC + EP = AC83 £0.00p

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    As corny as this sounds, I'm still baffled that you (a lot of the TA community) are willing to spend your hard earned money on...what is essentially my word. It's really humbling that you guys trust me to that extent.

For those of you who are worried about the fact that there are just 20 levels in Shardlands, the level "Mine" took me 30 minutes to complete (getting 3/3 shards) and if I'm not mistaken is the 7th level in the game. Really, really bloody satisfying.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #49 psj3809, Oct 24, 2012
    Well i would trust you with $2 games but not anything higher ;)

Seriously i think some of us enjoy the same games as you do, so if you recommend this one generally that means i'll like it as well - and I do.

10. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I'm getting it on my touch 4g just gotta wait and see what's coming don't care if "20 levels" is not alot to some I mean geez it's 1.99 not 17.99

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    That's what I love about the community here. You end up spending so much time on the forums clicking with old timers and such, that their word is more enough for you to check something out...sometimes even regardless of price and you more than often leave with a feeling of extreme satisfaction.

The one thing I wanna know is how the hell did Psience win us all over in such a short period of time? :p

12. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Shardlands is out?!?! I CAN'T WAIT TO GET OFF WORK AND DOWNLOAD THIS WHEN I GET HOME. IT WILL BE EPIC!!!

13. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Wow this is a true gem, can't believe how gorgeous it is! Running really great on my (now old) ipad. The music, atmosphere and gameplay all click together in a brilliant way.
    This one shouldn't be missed.

14. RickyBrooke

RickyBrooke Well-Known Member

May 13, 2012
    When is iPhone 5 screen size support coming please?

15. bigsid

bigsid Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Already supported according to the app store.

16. sugimulm

Confirmed, full screen on iPhone 5

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That's a secret. :D

Nah... I guess i just posted too much.

18. GSJ1977

GSJ1977 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    #58 GSJ1977, Oct 24, 2012
    Very pretty game. Full retina with sharp textures and lighting on iPad 3. I'm very early in the game (basically in tutorial mode) so can't comment on gameplay yet, but controls are excellent.

Edit: into the game proper now. It seems there are just five levels? One for each shard you have to collect, right? Maybe an end level after that. In any case I just got my first shard and it was boringly easy. Hopefully the game has some more tricks up its sleeve...

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yes, each level I've played has added new elements. And, to my knowledge, there are 20 levels...some which take quite a bit of time (believe metalcasket said one took him 30 minutes). So there's plenty of gameplay and it does get trickier.

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    WOOT! Can't wait to pick this one up. Sadly, I've only got $2.12 (need $0.02 to pick this one up... ha) on my account, so I've gotta head over to the store and pick up another card before I can snag this one, but it looks fantastic! Thanks for everyone's impressions too. I'm psyched. =oD