Universal "Shooting Stars" – a shoot 'em up with lazers, cats and rainbows

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by adlk, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBeardedBloodironyBoss

May 19, 2015
    Gamedesign and Business @ Bloodirony Games
    Vienna
    Shooting Stars Release Imminent

Hi hoverboarding star shooters,

Just a short update on how things are going deep inside the Rainbow Unicorn Research Labs (aka Bloodirony Games Office).
    All your feedback, improvement suggestions, bugs reported and balancing issues have been put in a big rainbow colored top hat and we were able to pull releasable code out of it after some shaking, debating, testing and shooting.

We put the last open sound effects in the game and they really help to make the game more serious, believe me :).

We were able to iron out the last open issues with the controls and are confident to get our baby out (early ... did I just say that?) July.

Achievements, cards, more bosses, more bullet patterns, items, languages and more. Everything for the modern shoot em up fan.

Finally a big shoutout to the guys from Noodlecake. They really have the same mindset as we have and working with them is a blast.

Tscherno cannot wait to be released - and we cannot wait either.

Here are some gifs to keep you happy while waiting:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. adlk

adlk Member

Ladies, Gents, Unicorns and fellow Toucharcaders,

After six months of development and polishing – or in other words: after 12 megatankers coffee, fred bull and mountain brew – I'm beyond excited to finally announce the release date for our very first game Shooting Stars.

Shooting Stars will be available on July 9th for iOS and a couple of weeks later for Android as well.
    The final price will be $2.99. There are no IAPs and of course no ads ;)

To celebrate this exciting day we put together a brand new and shiny trailer.

cheers
    Stefan

Release Trailer:

[​IMG]

3. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Sweet ALK Hogan RULES!!!!

4. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    I Can Haz Codez?

First off Id like to give a round of applause to the Bloodirony team for the awesome posts on here. They made my life a lot easier ;)

Because of that I decided to give some lucky readers a chance to play the game RIGHT FREAKING NOW!!!!!!

LY7A7J3KFRLR
    46KEYRKE9YRA

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Heck Ya!!!!!
    Thanks!!!
    LY7A7J3KFRLR

6. locomoco

locomoco Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Redeemed 46KEYRKE9YRA

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I was just checking to see if there was a release date yet and happened upon the promo code. I've been so excited to get this game. BEST. DAY. EVER.

Thank you for the generous code, Ryan_Noodle!

7. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    Stefan, Thanks for the update on the release date. The new trailer is great. The game looks awesomely fun.

With no IAPs/Ads and conservatively priced at $3.49 CAN, this makes it an instant buy for me. I can't wait for this to be released.
    Just my 2 cents here, but i really believe you folks have done a great job developing one heck of a game.

8. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    This looks amazing.... You guys did a great job and so pumped that it's premium and no iaps!

Can't wait

9. adlk

adlk Member

Hey guys, thank you so much for your feedback! We really appreciate your support on our decision to go premium! Always felt like the right thing to do.

@new_ipodtouch5G_owner: thanks a lot! We always wanted to shoot for the stars (sorry for the cheesy pun) and we are super happy with the final result. Hope you will love the game as much as we do!

Oh and Ryan... STAHHHP! :eek: We love working with you guys!

10. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    WOW this game looks freaking awesome and it comes out on my birthday even more awesome! i turn a ripe age of 36 bleh! least i got a game to look forward too to keep me young!!!

Thank god its premium!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Any impressions from the guys who got the codes? How is it??

12. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I was testing it and it's awesome! Just crazy nonstop action and humor

13. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Great to hear....thanks

14. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    It's fantastic just as the beta the game is full of crazy comedy and fun gameplay.

15. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    Moar Codez!

Two moar codez for you!

FNT9J4L63XFW
    7W3N7T6ALKTX

16. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    #76 new_ipodtouch5G_owner, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    I redeemed 7W3N7T6ALKTX. WOW! I just happen to sign in to check for a PM from a developer for some help.

OMG! Thank you so much Ryan_Noodle, with the day that i have been having, this will definitely make the rest of my day a heck of a lot better. Sometimes these promo codes are claimed/redeemed so quickly. I am so hyped to play this, i will be back later to post my impressions.

Update - Had a chance to finally play Shooting Stars, and what can i say about the game that hasn't been already said, but...

"This game is nothing short of a plethora of visual righteousness."

This is such a fun game, it's got fantastic visuals with an awesome soundtrack to boot.
    My hats off to Bloodirony Games and Noodlecake Studios (i believe this could be the team up of the year)

Again, thank you for the promo code.

17. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Ahhhhh.... Must have just missed. Was actually coming her to specifically see if any more codes were released for this. Couldn't type fast enough.

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Bloody hell! I was getting excited at the thought that Shooting Stars would be released alongside The Executive this week, but I completely forgot we have another week to go. :(

19. adlk

adlk Member

#79 adlk, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    WOW! I hope it's ok when we use your quote for saving planet earth :D
    As said earlier, we are super happy to work with the Noodlecakes. For us it was definitely the best choice!

Maybe somethings coming your way... maybe not ;)

Yeah, we're having a hard time waiting too. But on the other side, we're super happy to have another week to prepare everything! So, just 649153 more seconds to go.

To all the guys who already had the chance to play the game. Just out of curiosity, what was your favorite moment playing Shooting Stars?

cheers
    Stefan

20. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    All I can say is WOW. First because I woke up to a code in my inbox. I can't wait until next week so I can pay for this as I feel bad playing for free. Second because this is fantastic. It's like playing Galaga on steroids.

The humor and graphics are awesome. There is so much going on at anyone time but loving the chaos.

At work now, but wanted to at least say "thank you" to the Dev as that was very nice and unexpected. Also wanted to say how much I am looking forward to playing more and paying for the game next week!