Should I Buy Minigore? I didnt really like iDracula....

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ToasterEater, Jul 31, 2009.

1. You da man SUPERMAN. :D

I'm surprised you weren't a little harder on Minigore. Thats a good developer they could have easily included:

- more enemies
    - more powerups
    - more weapons
    - more backgrounds

Do you remember the comments in my thread? Did the cutest 3D grafix cause you to forget about the other important details. ;)

2. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    I don't really get where this thread is going... Minigore is (one of) the most stylish game around, it has more depth than a nuclear submarine can dream of, and the creativity that is going into this game is setting a new gold standard for iphone games.

What people fail to see is that the dev has chosen to make it a dynamic game, releasing "episode 1" as an introduction to the the world of "Hardland", and bringing the whole story on eupdate at a time to extend the shelf life of the game and to allow users to have some input in the many new characters, weapons, upgrades, scenery/worlds, etc.

There is a huge amount of info already available on this on the minigore threads, website and blogspot, with videos, screensots and artwork. And that is what justifies all the hype. (there is only a handful of games that work along the same principle of updates, PG, Harbor Master, Mummy's Revenge, iSR...)

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Nope. I didnt forget them. Just that I was talking about the game`s hype and sales performance in general, and not exactly what I personally thought of it. So decided not to pinpoint each and ever problem I have with this game(also the fact that it`ll be long long list, too discouraged me here).

And in any case it doesnt look like minigore devs care much bout what gamers actually feel bout their game, all they care is maximum sales and they seem to know how to do that exactly. Probably the reason I have not heard much from any of the devs on these forums. Feel free to correct me here as I might be wrong (bout minigore devs not participating on the forums) as I didnt search all those 3000 pages in upcoming games-minigore thread. But thats what I heard from those who did follow that thread.

My problems bout mummys revenge on your thread were there only coz you are a dedicated dev who cares bout us gamers and is willing to make any changes to the games to make it better. When I complain to you about anything in the game, I know I`ll be heard. But if I complain bout minigore here it`ll be just a rant, if anything, and will have no effect as the devs will probably do whatever they seem fit for the next updates and not things which gamers want, things which should have been included in the first version only.

You on the other hand are a dev who yearns to make his game better more then just filling the bank accounts with money(no matter what his userid would suggests other wise):rolleyes:

4. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    #64 ImNoSuperMan, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
    EDIT: My bad:(. Made this post based on wrong assumptions. Take a look at the quotes below if wish to know how wrong I was. :eek:

5. exalep

exalep Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Isn't TimoVihola (or something like that, sorry) part of minigore? If so, he HAS been posting on these forums.

6. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Sorry, but what you are saying is just not true, check your facts, because you are basing your opinion on incorrect info.

7. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    ya, you're way off here. The devs have been very active in the forums. How do you know what their budget is? It looks like they are a 3 man team.

arn

8. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    #68 ImNoSuperMan, Jul 31, 2009
    Sorry. looks like I got my facts wrong:eek:. I apologize.

I only read the "minigore is out thread". It seems like I misinterpreted the info I got there. Sorry :eek:

9. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Convience you to buy it or not to ?

Edit :
    Don't go for it.... imho, I don lyk both

10. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Cheers mate, when threads are 1000's of posts long it's not easy to pick up on everything. But it's worth it if you have the courage!:D

BTW iSR and PG started off with the intention to release through updates. They're all indie devs/not big studios. It takes month to come up with something like minigore, and many more weeks to add what's coming. It's not a case of "holding back" stuff out of greed. That was defamatory in my mind, so I just had to say something. Qudos for owning up!;)

11. SpungoMcGee

SpungoMcGee Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    For what it's worth, I don't really like iDracula, but I do like Minigore. It's much smoother and cuter and less faffy.

12. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Dude its 99 cents. Not gonna blow your budget just try it

13. Ruzz

Ruzz Active Member

May 27, 2009
    I strongly advise you not to, if you have not. I found iDracula to be extremely dry and found minigore to be completely the same. it's way too repetitive. running around and shooting away can only hold my attention for this long. sure the game is gonna be updated with new weapons and monsters and maps and shit but it is the exact same style of gameplay. would you like fieldrunners anymore than geodefense if you didn't like TD games in the first place? not likely. give it a pass, app store is huge :D

14. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #74 ultimo, Jul 31, 2009
    Well Said....
    We should not flame PpL or games, just pick the side & don't get hyper on anyside you are...

*Flings a Holy Grenade on the StarHogs icon* :p

btw, Yes, twilight was not tht bad

15. dmbama

dmbama Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    yeah you can buy it now or later..cuz with all the updates coming out it's gonna be hard to resist :D

16. The app store is full of games where the developers promise lots of stuff in updates, and then it never comes.

I always have a laugh when I see promises of huge amounts of extra content, new internet 2 player modes etc.

I've got no idea if the devs of mini gore will deliver or not.

Someone should release a game with just a title screen for 99 cents, and promise a wicked 3D internet deathmatch FPS in updates. Buy it quick, before the price goes up!

17. TimoVihola

TimoVihola Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Creative Director at Mountain Sheep inc
    shen: Why would we create all these assets if we don't plan on using them? That would be extremely stupid on our part :) I spent like one full week painting just that snow level, same for the desert level. What you see is code, 3d models and textures that are worth tens of thousands of dollars. Though I would understand your concern if we had nothing but words to show.

Selection of MiniGore assets (obviously we don't want to spoil everything): http://www.mountainsheep.net/minigore/MinigoreEncyclopedia02.jpg

Demonstration of Cannon Fodder style squad shooting gameplay and character reaction to obstacles (something players have been asking for in MiniGore): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKBaUlfWI1M

At small sales numbers we would have had budget for maybe two or three months of updates, but it's been selling so extremely well that we already have chance to work on this for practically the rest of 2009! Yes, I'm happy because I can finally finish my dream project :)

18. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Glad to hear it has been selling well enough to update! It seems pretty spartan right now...

19. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    dude its .99 if you dont like it its not that big of a deal. i think this is a pointless thread because you should be able to make your own decision based on the gameplay videos and reviews.

20. frogtorch

frogtorch Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Without actually reading the thread, I'll add this:

I think iDracula is awesome. It has things like different modes and many more powerups. So it's got that going for it. But it also lacks one thing that Minigore oozes... Character.