Should I get Real Racing or Rolando 2?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Genius, Jul 13, 2009.

?

Should I get Real Racing or Rolando 2?

Poll closed Aug 2, 2009.
  1. Real Racing

17 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. Rolando 2

14 vote(s)
    45.2%
  3. Other, list which.

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Oh good. Buy both, and save your dollar for minigore. :D

2. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    maybe he likes arcade racers better then Sim racers? anyways I enjoyed arcade racers better too, so I'd go with NFU personally, (although I do have RR and its not bad)

3. whatever

whatever Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Sure, NFS has more in terms of fluff. Graphics are fantastic in Real Racing too, though, and to use your term, in gameplay, RR absolutely blows NFS out of the water. Controls are much better, AI is much better, the first person view is better, and everything just feels "right."

4. Genius

Genius Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Thanks guys I'll get both real racing and Rolando 2.

And I'll save up for
    Star Defense
    Assasssins Creed
    Peggle
    Zen Bound
    UNO
    Edge

5. The Game Reaper

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Yeah, a perfect case of style over substance.

6. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Controls Much Better? No, there are just more options.

7. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    NFS is much more of a pickup and play, gentle learning curve, cool graphics, upgradeable cars kind of game. Real Racing is for mostly die-hard racers I thought. That being said, if your not a die-hard racer, Real Racing might be difficult to get into.

8. whatever

Jul 12, 2009
    #28 whatever, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
    Well, there's that, and I thought the accelerometer controls were better tuned. Plus, the brake assist means anyone, from a noob to an expert, can play.
    EDIT: I forgot the only option for NFS is auto-acceleration. What a joke!

9. colbertj

colbertj Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    College Professor
    Massachusetts
    Here's what I would do. Spend $.99 on a bargain priced game that you will play for a couple weeks (there's a ton out there, do a bit of research). After that, the price on Rolando or Real Racing will have dropped and you might be able to afford both. Doing it tihs way you will a) find a 99 cent gem that you probably wouldn't ahve discovered anyway, b) avoid buyer's remorse and hostility towards ngmoco after they drop the price like they did with Rolando 1, c) maximize your gameplay on the device!

10. whatever

Jul 12, 2009
    Or just buy it now because they're both worth it at that price and I would pay $3 extra or whatever (difference in price drop) just to have either of them two weeks sooner. Sure, you can wait out almost any game on the App Store and it will drop in price. But is it really worth it to be deprived of the game for a couple of months while everyone's discussing it and stuff just to save a couple of bucks?

11. colbertj

colbertj Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    College Professor
    Massachusetts
    If the game is that good, discussion should ensue for much longer! Save your money and force the industry to drop prices in general!

12. Patton

Patton Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Grad Student
    Denver
    Careful w/ Zen Bound. Its beautiful, but it is a tech demo. Not really a game.

I own neither of the games you're getting... but those are usually consensus picks for the best games on the iDevice.

Peggle did have a sale one weekend... so you might want to wait for another.

13. whatever

Jul 12, 2009
    And then subsequently run them out of business, discourage premium iPhone game development, and encourage crap $.99 games with a development time of 1 week!

14. The Game Reaper

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    A tech demo? You call one of the most intuitive, beautiful and immersive iPhone experiences a TECH DEMO??!!

15. Patton

Patton Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Grad Student
    Denver
    Well as with many of the more unique games on the iDevice - Zen Bound can stir great emotion from fans.

It wasn't for me...

If you want a great, and very unique, multi-touch game... I love Eliss.