Universal Shufflepuck Cantina (+ GOLD) by Agharta Studio

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 12, 2012.

1. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin

Credz doubler? Where can I find this?!

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    It's $2 IAP

3. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    you can also work hard to impersonate harobed, when you impersonate her, you have a free rebound off your side;)
    there are a lot of specific puck who can help too (like the Lead puck who slow down with each rebound, or the repulsive one who give another free rebounds...
    there is a lot of depth in the game and with credz you can buy actually usefull stuff

4. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Quick question: does anyone know how to change special strikes, once you've gotten more than one?

I was using Harobed's Curve since I unlocked it, but now I can't seem to switch to Skargoth's Turtle Bounce. Even embodying him and using both his puck and his mallet, my special strike is still the Curve.

Thanks in advance!

5. aghartastudio

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    for the special strikes :

when you got one , you must otain the puck and mallet to use it.
    using the special strike a lot allow to level it UP (you can see what level you are in your statistic screen)

Once your reach level 5 (Utlra fast Strike) The Special strike is "unlocked" and can be used without the character special puck/mallet

When you start a match you can select what unlocked special strike you want in the 'equipement" section !

6. Kirkpad

Kirkpad New Member

May 8, 2012
    Really really like this one, but man is the difficulty tough. Must... Push... On!

7. Tropxe

Tropxe Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    England
    It seemed brutally hard at first, but it's actually not that hard when you realise most of it is down to remembering how exactly your opponenets' special attacks work. I now very rarely miss one of them. Similarly, figuring out their "serve" animation, and which direction it denotes, is important. Don't just let the pick bounce off your mallet either; flick slightly towards it and you'll often get past your opponent even if their mallet is in the right place.

With those things down, you just need to get into the rhythm of that particular opponent. The timing is important and I actually found myself mis-hitting shots from easy opponents after getting used to harder ones and their faster pace. I'd also recommend getting one of the 1000c pucks as soon as possible, probably the green one, just so it stands out more than the default one.

Get used to the Han Solo guy on the 2nd floor in duel mode and then move into betting mode. You'll get around 230c for each perfect win (3 hits) and around 500c if you have the IAP cash boost item. If you really can't perfect him, go against the 2nd floor robot barman instead; you get more money for imperfect wins against him than against Han.

8. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    I want to push but I don't. The fun is sucked away by the frustration.

Btw, the token machine is utter garbage. Not even an 18% chance to get three positive results? How awful. And I should buy tokens? Yeah, right.

Once I chose the upper right box six times in a row and got six skulls. Yeah, bad luck but do you think I ever want to "play" this machine again? And the one time I got three positives were a 1, a 5, and a 2x. Whoopee.

Make the game a bit easier, please.

9. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Thanks for the advice and I'll try and use it if I ever get to the 2nd floor.

Should I be spending credz on biographies? For what? Thanks.

10. Tropxe

Tropxe Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    England
    If you buy all biographies for a certain character, they'll give you a quest. The only one I've seen so far was to beat the robot in a "first to 15 points" duel. Once you do that, you can then actually be that character and get special bonuses. They're listed in each character's bio. You also unlock their puck and mallet to buy in the store for 5000c each.

Personally, I'd save the money for floor 2 first, maybe get a brightly coloured 1000c puck if you, like me, keep losing track of the default one. Practice against Furry and before long you'll be able to beat him pretty easily and get a good amount of money from betting or survival. Survival's pretty good because you only need to score 1 point to get some money, as long as they don't score one first, of course. Ideally you'll be getting about 10 points though.

11. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Not near the game right now, but I think bios are about 500 each, right? That's 7500. And then a puck and mallet for another 5000 each but go to the second floor first (2000?) and get a colored puck for 1000. Total so far, 20,500 credz. Hmmm. After buying four of M4rvin's bios, I've got a few hundred left.

Sounds like a long haul for not that much happiness. I'll stick with it for a bit and see what happens. Thanks for the info.

12. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    I spammed M4RV1N in betting rounds until I got enough for the second floor, and then spammed Clive in betting rounds until I could get Deadly Curve. Then I just played. :)

13. aghartastudio

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    #133 aghartastudio, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    tropxe : You should unlock 1st floor characters first, some of them have really great bonuses
    Ie: harobed'll give you a free rebound off the glass once per match !

14. Tropxe

Tropxe Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    England
    Yeah, I unlocked her first and practicing with her and Furry got me competent enough at the game to feel comfortable playing against the 2nd floor guys. That rebound in survival mode skill of hers is really useful to quickly get a lot of credz, and even more points. I think for about 10 points in survival mode on the 2nd floor, you get like 800c (with cash boost) and 2200 points. Great game, by the way. I can't wait for the additional floor(s) you guys are working on.

15. aghartastudio

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    hehe Thanks a lot !!
    I advise you to grab the repulsor puck too, it's gives another Free rebound (and it looks cool as well)

the Cognitive mallet is a good choice too to read in advance next opponent special strike !

16. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!

[thread=119439][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=153660][​IMG][/thread] [thread=153444][​IMG][/thread] [thread=153567][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=153476][​IMG][/thread] [thread=153446][​IMG][/thread] [thread=153478][​IMG][/thread] [thread=153452][​IMG][/thread]

Click on above icons
    to discover more about the games!

[size=+3]SHUFFLEPUCK CANTINA[/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    12/09/2012
    [/size]

Do you like to plunge into the Athanor's universe?

[size=+3][thread=153690]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

Poll close
    09-20-2012 at 03:34 AM

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -

17. Keig

Keig New Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Use special strike

How do I use special strike I fill the bar then nothing happens

18. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Touch and hold the screen with a second finger. :)

19. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    #139 Jazzpha, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
    Did anyone else find it slightly anti-climactic that:

Phan-Le's quest match was against Harobed? I mean, don't get me wrong, it was a nice of the devs to give us a free win, but it felt weird going from the hardcore slugfests on the third floor back down to one of the first opponents in the game. I almost felt bad about shutting her out. Almost.

Also, does anyone know if there's an embodiment bonus that gives you a credz-earning boost? I'm trying to unlock the rest of the characters, and any leg up would be nice.
    I know Skargoth's has to do with increasing the value of the credz on the table, but in this case I'm looking for a percentage-boost bonus, like Phan-Le's (Or Vardkor's, for that matter, but not just restricted to Betting matches)

Thanks!

20. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Tried this game and really like a polished different take on the air hockey genre, but it's too freaking hard. And I'm turned off by the TA review mentioning that even with IAPs, people may still find it hard.

I wish they had made this a paid app with varying levels of difficulty.

Sadly, for now, I'm deleting it.