Siegecraft TD - coming in 2013

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ben_at_blowfishstudios, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben_at_blowfishstudios

ben_at_blowfishstudios Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    First flying unit has been completed, meet the Pterodactyl!

[​IMG]

2. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Hey Ben, can I test as well? I have primarily tested Android games but can do so for iOS too (have a Testflight account). And will this come to Android? At a=launch? Tegra exclusive?

3. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Woot! Those models are looking good :D

4. ben_at_blowfishstudios

Mar 22, 2010
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi Leonard! Yes we are still accepting testers. Android testers would be welcome too as we hope to have it launch on Android shortly after IOS. I don't think Siegecraft TD will be Tegra exclusive this time around, but it will still have low to high graphics settings that the Tegra devices can make use of. Expect the Tegra 3 and 4 devices to have same level of graphics as the iPhone 5.

@jumpman475 - thanks! the game is looking super sweet in action too :)

5. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Ben, if you are using testflight for testing can you please leave the link so I can test the game? I will leave feedback! Thanks :)

6. ben_at_blowfishstudios

Mar 22, 2010
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    Please PM me with your test flight email so I can send you an invite to our group, the testing spots are limited so I need to keep track of who is making it in.

Cheers!

7. ben_at_blowfishstudios

Mar 22, 2010
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    The ultimate boss monster just landed in the world of Siegecraft TD. Under the control of the dark magic of Shaman Oxytonk, meet the Tribal Dragon!

[​IMG]

8. ben_at_blowfishstudios

Mar 22, 2010
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    #28 ben_at_blowfishstudios, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
    Hello everyone!

Just letting everyone know that Siegecraft TD is getting into its final stages of development. We had a very busy time getting demos and beta tests ready for GDC. Since then we've been in crunch to get the game finished, including a complete over haul of the UI, a ton of new maps, SFX and game play tweaks.

I've included a couple of screenshots showing one of the 5 environment themes and some towers you would not have seen before. I can say the game looks even better on the device on a retina display!

Also as we announced at GDC, Siegecraft TD will be featuring an asynchronous turn-based multiplayer game. I have attached a screenshot of the Realm map, which is where players control Provinces and attempt to take over the world! In this mode players can construct and upgrade special buildings, train Knights, build siege engines and of course attack other players. The game is built around each Province being its own TD map that each player must defend.

Anyway I'll post additional images and videos soon as more of the game starts becoming final. Feel free to ask any questions!

Cheers,
    Ben.

Attached Files:

9. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    wow, those screenshots look great, if any spots are still open, would love to help you guys out testing.

10. ben_at_blowfishstudios

Mar 22, 2010
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    Shoot me a PM with your test flight details and I'll get you in there. Next test build will be going out next week!

11. ben_at_blowfishstudios

Mar 22, 2010
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    New update! Finally some more video footage (apart from the GDC stuff that did the rounds). This is in-game recorded time lapse video showing current state of the game. This time-lapse video share feature will be available in the real game. Useful for showing off your best single player strategies, or sweetest wins in multiplayer! From within the game you can share direct to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and via email.

The game is still in beta so any part of the game can still change. We hope to have some proper non-time lapsed video out soon too.

12. araczynski

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    looks beautiful :)

13. ben_at_blowfishstudios

Mar 22, 2010
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks! :) There are 4 more beautiful environments in the game too! Mountains, snowy mountains, underground and forest.

14. ben_at_blowfishstudios

Mar 22, 2010
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    Here's a sneak peek at one of the underground levels, Dread Pool! Sorry again about the blurriness, the game actually looks much sharper on the devices. This still shows off the awesome design by our artists though!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. araczynski

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    nice. do underground environments introduce any kind of an chasmic echo effect? :) not saying its needed, but would be a neat touch.

16. ben_at_blowfishstudios

Mar 22, 2010
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    ooh, I hadn't thought of that! I'm going to look into doing that now :) Great suggestion!

17. araczynski

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    #37 araczynski, May 14, 2013
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
    i'd probably have more work for you if i joined the beta, but changed my mind at the last minute as I've realized over the years that betas/alphas just ruin the fun for me. i tend to game exclusively for the story/discovery/fun. anywho, looking forward to more progress updates.

so if anything, please don't turn this into a pseudo TD that's really nothing more than a puzzle of figuring out the single exact combination/placement of towers that will beat a level. at least not on easy/normal mode :)

looked at your fastforward video again, just noticed the block/wall you built south of the central castle, thought it would be neat to be able to upgrade those (outside of the gameplay) to then be able to automatically be manned by spearmen, archers, crossbowmen, then musketeers, and even be able to keep upgrading them to have more soldiers appear as the wall levels up. sounds good, but probably a lot of work, maybe in v2.0 :)

18. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    this is really close to submission, should be in a few days, roughly. :)

19. araczynski

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    hopefully get to see it by the 4th of july :)